Post-Game Talk: Heritage Classic: Canucks lose 4-2 to the Senators - Blame The Closed Roof

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Finkle is Einhorn

Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
I don't know ... maybe you keep and build a first line around him. Put Kassian with the Sedins for your second line and have some of the young guys come in on the third.

Trade Bieksa for a young forward.

A line of Kassian Henrik and Kesler?

I don't know, I guess it does make sense to get the most value and trade Kesler now, but if you don't get good value back for him then the team is really screwed.

No more screwed than if he walks in two years.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
Feel awful for Lack, just awful. Torts lost me today.

He looked crushed in his post game saying that he heard the chants and he understood how they felt but that he just got told to play and wanted to do his best to win. Really hoping Lu gets moved sooner rather than later.

Pretty interesting times ahead here. Not that it will be (or should be) an immediate blow up but changes are needed for sure whether that's in the off season or at the deadline. Some fresh faces, some younger players will rejuvenate the aura around the team.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
Thornton/Marleau >>> Henrik/Daniel, AINEC right now.

yes but henrik suffer a bad rib injury and Daniel not the same since Keith incident....I think they will better next year. This is just an awful year for the twins and if Tortorella has some role in it

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
How much more convincing do people need? THIS TEAM NEEDS TO BE BLOWN UP. Everyone but Kesler and Hamhuis should be fair game imo. We aren't going to be anywhere near a cup with this core. THE CORE IS THE PROBLEM SO A "RE-Tool" is NOT a viable option.

Don't think you understand what blowing it up means. Your plan seems to be to keep a couple of older players with value then trade the ones without it. If you are blowing it up, keep the crap to make the cap floor and trade the older guys with value for the young assets you need.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I think it was the way in which the Canucks lost in the final. It was downright shameful in every sense of the word, the way they only scored 8 goals in 7 games, the way they completely folded and succumbed to the Bruins' physicality like cowards, and the way they ultimately lost the all important game 7 4-0. It was quite possibly the worst SCF ever and definitely one of the worst Game 7's.

Easy to see how the SCF loss destroyed this organization.

Well, we could have lost in OT or any other 1-goal game. Doesn't matter how they lost. But that's beside the point, really.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
yes but henrik suffer a bad rib injury and Daniel not the same since Keith incident....I think they will better next year. This is just an awful year for the twins and if Tortorella has some role in it

You can believe what you want to believe, but I certainly don't see it.

Zack Kassian

Feb 19, 2012
Vancouver
Man I'm glad I didn't pay for my tickets. I would be so pissed right now. Still am. Also no one booed lack they were just screaming luuuuu

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
if you notice when Tortorella started in Tampa, no playoffs then in Rangers no playoffs in first years as HC.....now Canucks first year as HC..????

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
Obviously Thornton and MArleau have Couture and PAvelski playing at a ppg level above them:laugh:

thornton is already above 50 assists this season and marleau has 25 goals...in addition to the support that they receive from couture and pavelski, they're still performing at a very high level

daniel sedin wishes he could hit 25 goals at some point during the remainder of his contract

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site

Daniel is done IMO. I thought last year the lockout year affected him because neither one played. This year he has been horrible. I wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't get 50+ points again.

y2kcanucks

Better than you
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

Henrik's play declined before the rib injury, and Daniel's play went downhill before the Keith incident. This has been pointed out countless times, yet people choose to ignore it because they don't want to admit the Sedins have regressed. There are others who have accepted it though, and it's nice to see.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
No more screwed than if he walks in two years.

Yes, what you're saying is correct, and no doubt Kesler will be traded in the next year. It's just a bit strange is all.

Have to say, I've not come across a teams first line go into the toilet in such an alarming manner. Why Tortorella insists on playing Burrows on the PP while refusing to put Kassian in there is beyond confounding.

Oh well, I guess we'll see what Gillis can do in the next few days to improve the fortunes of this club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad