Post-Game Talk: Heritage Classic: Canucks lose 4-2 to the Senators - Blame The Closed Roof

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
thornton is already above 50 assists this season and marleau has 25 goals...in addition to the support that they receive from couture and pavelski, they're still performing at a very high level

daniel sedin wishes he could hit 25 goals at some point during the remainder of his contract

well I think the twins just need to work on some thing in offseason...I hope Daniel find a way to regain his scoring touch

Finkle is Einhorn

Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
Yes, what you're saying is correct, and no doubt Kesler will be traded in the next year. It's just a bit strange is all.

Have to say, I've not come across a teams first line go into the toilet in such an alarming manner. Why Tortorella insists on playing Burrows on the PP while refusing to put Kassian in there is beyond confounding.

Oh well, I guess we'll see what Gillis can do in the next few days to improve the fortunes of this club.

Trust me, under normal circumstances I'd never be a proponent of trading a guy like Kesler. I just don't see another way around it given the state of the team.

The most I can hope for going forward is getting some young talent, dropping the twins down to the second line and wish for the best.

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
How long before people realize it's largely the personnel, not solely the coaches.

I've never understood why the team's best shot in Kesler is parked in front of the net. Such a waste. Kesler, Henrik and Edler is a pretty decent start for a powerplay. Lacking an addition point man and the Daniel or old. So yes, I agree it is personnel and coaches.

Between now and the draft can be interesting times in Canuckland.

Revolution9*

Very very sad to see how far this team has fallen.

Just watch highlights from 2011. Same players, different team.

It annoys me when people do this. Why?

Don't let yesterday ruin your tomorrow. Things in life constantly change, that includes people/athletes. To expect them to do something in the future based entirely on the past is living life foolishly & always setting yourself up for disappointment.

Reverend Mayhem

Tell me all your thoughts on God
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
It annoys me when people do this. Why?

Don't let yesterday ruin your tomorrow. Things in life constantly change, that includes people/athletes. To expect them to do something in the future based entirely on the past is living life foolishly & always setting yourself up for disappointment.

But, tomorrow never knows.

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
Really didn't think it was possible for me to like him more but

Eddie Lack ‏@eddielack 3m

Tough loss but thanks for the support thru most off the day. Love u guys! #canucks #HeritageClassic

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
I really believe we will end up trading both a d-man and Kesler. And Edler is the one I would want to trade.

Makes the most sense to trade Bieksa. Edler can be useful to the team in a couple years when they are once again competitive. Age will be catching up to Bieksa soon.

Though the team could probably get away with trading both.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
I didn't enjoy the game. I had the opportunity to buy 2 tickets and almost did it but after some discussion decided it wasn't worth the price all in. So glad I didn't do it. This team just isn't fun to watch right now. I find myself looking to see what else is on lately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad