Value of: Hampus Lindholm &/or Rickard Rakell Auction!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
You have 29+ million in cap one of the most in the entire league. You’re using all of it on Fox and Zibby? TSN keeps linking Anaheim to NYR for that very reason

That’s prorated space. To re-sign they need actual space next year. They will have about 13 million next year but only 16 players signed.

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
That’s prorated space. To re-sign they need actual space next year. They will have about 13 million next year but only 16 players signed.

That still leaves one of Lindholm or Rakell for the Rangers. Or if they go all in and take both and figure it out in the off season. You see everyone else going all in. Florida, Colorado? Who’s next that’s the question 🤷‍♂️

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Let's see if I'm a betting man no chance.
Of course, the smart bet would be to take the field, but that wasn't the conversation.

Its really weird when people say things like "no chance" when you have absolutely no idea. Its made so many over the years look dumb.

No matter though, I think we would prefer lohrei anyway.

Reactions: The don godfather

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
You have 29+ million in cap one of the most in the entire league. You’re using all of it on Fox and Zibby? TSN keeps linking Anaheim to NYR for that very reason

We have 29 million in accrued deadline cap. Not tangible cap space. we have been running at about 10 million under the cap this year. Between Mika and Fox their raises cost about 12 million more

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
We have 29 million in accrued deadline cap. Not tangible cap space. we have been running at about 10 million under the cap this year. Between Mika and Fox their raises cost about 12 million more

Depends on what Rangers what to do then. TSN keeps linking Anaheim and NYR as perfect trade partners

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
IF Lindholm can agree to some basic terms to an extension, I just think the Bruins would be willing to go above and beyond everyone else to make this happen. If Lindholm is a straight rental, though, I think Boston would get beat out (and probably very easily).

Last edited:
Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
For a signed Lindholm I don't think it's laughable at all. If certainly seems like Boston's interest is tied to that extension as, as well.

I just think Lohrei is way more likely to be included than Lysell. With Lindholm in the fold, the Bruins would just have way less need for LD. Conversely, after Pasta (and with DeBrusk wanting out) the Bruins have nothing for true top 6 talent under 30. Even if they are equal prospects (they are) one is just way more valuable to Boston than the other, and I can't imagine the Ducks preferring Lysell instead of Lohrei would be enough for the Ducks to make the deal fall apart if the Bruins and making a "with extension" sized offer.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I just think Lohrei is way more likely to be included than Lysell. With Lindholm in the fold, the Bruins would just have way less need for LD. Conversely, after Pasta (and with DeBrusk wanting out) the Bruins have nothing for true top 6 talent under 30. Even if they are equal prospects (they are) one is just way more valuable to Boston than the other, and I can't imagine the Ducks preferring Lysell instead of Lohrei would be enough for the Ducks to make the deal fall apart if the Bruins and making a "with extension" sized offer.

Nothing against Lysell but Lohrei would be the preferred prospect in a Lindholm deal IMO. Similar value but gives Anaheim a potential replacement.

Reactions: wintersej

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Anaheim shouldn’t be relying on Mrazek as its second string option. Dostal isn’t ready yet. And you’re taking Stolarz, Lindholm, and our best gritty forward in Deslauriers.

And Anaheim has to eat Mrazek contract because it’s horrible. This doesn’t work in my opinion. Mrazek is a minus, you pay someone to take that contract on. And that just isn’t worth it. Ducks pass… Rangers and Boston will have something worth while imo
If you think your getting more then Sandin and a 1st in value for Lindholm then your going to be heavily disappointed. 21 year old top 4 d plus a 1st is crazy value that Boston can't match and the Rangers wouldn't match.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
If you think your getting more then Sandin and a 1st in value for Lindholm then your going to be heavily disappointed. 21 year old top 4 d plus a 1st is crazy value that Boston can't match and the Rangers wouldn't match.
I'm just not sure Verbeek wants another sub 6' defenseman in the lineup.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I'm just not sure Verbeek wants another sub 6' defenseman in the lineup.
Thats fine but the kid is very physical for his size and honestly if the leafs can't resign Lindholm I don't believe sandin will even be offered. Sandin is our 3rd best defenseman right now. I believe he will pass Morgan Rielly as our Number 1 in 2 to 3 years if not traded for a stud d like Lindholm.

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022

But you’re making Anaheim take a negative in Mrazek. Why is Anaheim forced to take anything negative back period? You’re gonna have to pay us extra to take on that contract. Anaheim is in complete control of what’s coming back for Lindholm

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
But you’re making Anaheim take a negative in Mrazek. Why is Anaheim forced to take anything negative back period? You’re gonna have to pay us extra to take on that contract. Anaheim is in complete control of what’s coming back for LindholmI
If Lindholm isn't resigning Anaheim takes the best offer they can get for Lindholm or he either walks or is an own rental. In either case ducks get nothing. The ducks have leverage for the next few days after that your teams Leverage in a Lindholm trade goes down significantly by the day.

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
If Lindholm isn't resigning Anaheim takes the best offer they can get for Lindholm or he either walks or is an own rental. In either case ducks get nothing. The ducks have leverage for the next few days after that your teams Leverage in a Lindholm trade goes down significantly by the day.

That doesn’t mean Anaheim takes a bad contract back it doesn’t work like that. I would rather take a little less offer from other suitors than take a bad contract on.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
That still leaves one of Lindholm or Rakell for the Rangers. Or if they go all in and take both and figure it out in the off season. You see everyone else going all in. Florida, Colorado? Who’s next that’s the question 🤷‍♂️
If we are adding cap for next season, it has to be a center. Neither of those players are centers.

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
If we are adding cap for next season, it has to be a center. Neither of those players are centers.

That makes sense. But one of the few teams who can afford both Rakell and Lindholm this very moment? It’s definitely the rangers. The question is do the rangers want both for their playoff push

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
That doesn’t mean Anaheim takes a bad contract back it doesn’t work like that. I would rather take a little less offer from other suitors than take a bad contract on.
The difference isn't small though. For example a Knies + 1st for Lindholm deal is solid value, a 1st + Sandin + Mrazek for Lindholm and say stolarz still holds way more value then the first trade. Sandin isba 21 year old top 4 d who can directly replace Lindholm now and grow into a top pair d in a couple years. Knies is our best prospect but he doesn't have near the value of Rasmus Sandin.

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
The difference isn't small though. For example a Knies + 1st for Lindholm deal is solid value, a 1st + Sandin + Mrazek for Lindholm and say stolarz still holds way more value then the first trade. Sandin isba 21 year old top 4 d who can directly replace Lindholm now and grow into a top pair d in a couple years. Knies is our best prospect but he doesn't have near the value of Rasmus Sandin.

I would take Knies + First. We lose the trade with Stolarz leaving and taking Negative value back with Mrazek. Sandin doesn’t offset Stolarz + Bad contract

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I would take Knies + First. We lose the trade with Stolarz leaving and taking Negative value back with Mrazek. Sandin doesn’t offset Stolarz + Bad contract
In your opinion and thats fair but in my opinion I'd take the 21 year old top 4 d trending towards a top pairing d man. Winger is the easiest hole on a team to fill, top pair d not so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad