Value of: Hampus Lindholm &/or Rickard Rakell Auction!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Uh, pretty sure you can count the Oilers out. I’d be stunned if Holland even considered giving up Holloway alone.
Which is fine, didn’t realistically expect them to be in on it was just listing possible trades in range of what I’d expect

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Lindholm to Boston for 1st + Lohrei
+ Steen

Rakell to NYR for Kravstov + 2nd

How about we add Reilly/Forbort and deslauriers to the deal. Of course pending if the conversations between Lindholm and the Bruins are hopeful. No need to have a deal agreed on, per say, but with at least a good chance it’s not a rental.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I feel like Rakell will be disappointing in terms of a return.

Lindholm probably gets the best package this deadline.
Mostly perception. Ducks should have traded Manson and Rakell a year or more ago. Would have received better value when those players carried more term/value and were not just rentals.

I think you’re right in Lindholm.

Jack Johnson has been not terrible for the Avs. He’s not good but he’s played reasonably well. Esp for a guy making $750k.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
How about we add Reilly/Forbort and deslauriers to the deal. Of course pending if the conversations between Lindholm and the Bruins are hopeful. No need to have a deal agreed on, per say, but with at least a good chance it’s not a rental.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but would Reilly be more of decent stop gap, vs Forbort being a pure cap dump? I could see taking back Reilly, but not if it affects the value of the young pieces included - the Ducks could conceivably sign someone like that in the summer if they want to, so no real need to give up value for him. If trading Lindholm with an extension, more likely we'd take one of those contracts in return in my opinion. If it's a rental trade, no reason to help the other team be able to try and sign him, as the Ducks should plan to be right in the mix for his services on July 1st.

I'll echo what others have said about Deslauriers. Unless someone pays something of really decent value, he probably means more to the Ducks roster than what he'd fetch in trade. One of the very best in the league at his role, which is an important one for this young team. I'm not saying anyone pays it, but I personally wouldn't move him unless the return is some sort of B asset (at least late 2nd or equivalent). Otherwise just sign him for another couple years.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Rakell to rangers for 2nd + kravstov makes most sense to me

Rakell to NYR for Kravstov + 2nd

I think this is exactly the perfect trade for both teams (and one that @Zegs2comtois and I have talked about before). The Ducks get to give Kravtsov a chance at the NHL level. Obviously both teams are playing tonight and we can see that the right side is Terry and a bunch of guys at the moment.

Once the KHL season is done for him, could come straight over and be inserted into the lineup. Rangers get their right side situated having Rakell behind Lafreniere and Kakko (once he returns).

Is there any idea what Rakell is asking for on his next deal? Has to be some kind of a raise, right? If not, I'd think the Ducks would just keep him. $5M AAV?

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Just a Fan

Feb 22, 2022
I'd love both on the Leafs, but for sure Lindholm. 1st+prospect of your choice (Robrtson/Knies/Niemila)

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Correct me if I'm wrong, but would Reilly be more of decent stop gap, vs Forbort being a pure cap dump? I could see taking back Reilly, but not if it affects the value of the young pieces included - the Ducks could conceivably sign someone like that in the summer if they want to, so no real need to give up value for him. If trading Lindholm with an extension, more likely we'd take one of those contracts in return in my opinion. If it's a rental trade, no reason to help the other team be able to try and sign him, as the Ducks should plan to be right in the mix for his services on July 1st.

I'll echo what others have said about Deslauriers. Unless someone pays something of really decent value, he probably means more to the Ducks roster than what he'd fetch in trade. One of the very best in the league at his role, which is an important one for this young team. I'm not saying anyone pays it, but I personally wouldn't move him unless the return is some sort of B asset (at least late 2nd or equivalent). Otherwise just sign him for another couple years.
Reilly and Forbort, I'd say have equal/similar value depending on your teams need of type of defenseman. Forbort types typically have more value going towards the playoffs imo.

I wouldn't say either are a strict cap dump, but would probably need to be included to make $$$ work especially if the Bruins were to try and re-sign Lindholm.

A pure cap dump would be John Moore. But I doubt he adds much to the trade.

Reactions: wintersej

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I think this is exactly the perfect trade for both teams (and one that @Zegs2comtois and I have talked about before). The Ducks get to give Kravtsov a chance at the NHL level. Obviously both teams are playing tonight and we can see that the right side is Terry and a bunch of guys at the moment.

Once the KHL season is done for him, could come straight over and be inserted into the lineup. Rangers get their right side situated having Rakell behind Lafreniere and Kakko (once he returns).

Is there any idea what Rakell is asking for on his next deal? Has to be some kind of a raise, right? If not, I'd think the Ducks would just keep him. $5M AAV?

I don't recall seeing anything specific on Rakell's asking price but yeah that seems like the right ballpark.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
This has Yzerman written all over it.

- Verbeek is his old AGM
- Detroit needs a LHD
- Detroit does have some great prospects that might be available for the right deal (i.e. Viro, Niederbach, etc.) plus some extra high picks (WSH 2022 2nd).
- Detroit also has ample cap-space for Lindholm to extend.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
This has Yzerman written all over it.

- Verbeek is his old AGM
- Detroit needs a LHD
- Detroit does have some great prospects that might be available for the right deal (i.e. Viro, Niederbach, etc.) plus some extra high picks (WSH 2022 2nd).
- Detroit also has ample cap-space for Lindholm to extend.

I can't see it personally, after your most elite young pieces that I'd assume are untouchable, I don't think there's a prospect who makes a strong enough starting point for an extended Lindholm. Definitely can't picture what you've listed being the best pieces on the table, or really even getting a conversation started.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'd love both on the Leafs, but for sure Lindholm. 1st+prospect of your choice (Robrtson/Knies/Niemila)
Hell toss in stolarz and mrazk swap, while we’re at it

Lindholm + stolarz
For
1st + knies + mrazk + dermott + random pick for taking on mrazk contract

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Reilly is a good puck mover that doesn't score much and isn't anything special in 1 on 1 battles. He is one of those players that grades out as a $7.5m player on all the fancy analytics models because he is a good possession player, but when you watch him you are underwhelmed. Very divisive in the Bruins fans base between folks that trust the data and the folks that trust their eyes. He and McAvoy have been on 1st pair together during the Bruins winning streak and it has gone very well.

The thing is, is that unlike a Lindholm, we can't just put Reilly down with Carlo and have it be a great all situations pairing. He just isn't ideal to LEAD a top 4 pairing on a Cup team. Gryz has the same warts and is just flat out better, but also has the same issue of being better suited to be the #2 guy on a pairing.

The Bruins have a #1 in McAvoy, and then three guys in Carlo, Reilly and Gryz who should be the "other guy" on a good top 4 pairing. One of Gryz or Reilly needs to be upgraded to a guy that can lead a pairing like Lindholm. Some on the Bruins board have talked about Gryz, not Reilly or Forbort, being a D returned in a deal, but that would have to be to a team that values him as a true top 4D as a valuable part of the return, and I am not sure if the Ducks are in that place.

Forbort is what he is. A #1 on the PK and really good at keeping shots away from the net, but not much else. Best served as a leader on your PK and then on your bottom pair (or the guy they put with McAvoy up by a goal late in the game). Perhaps Forbort could take on the babysitter role for Drysdale as he matures, but it isn't exciting. Neither Forbort or Reilly are a dump, but Reilly provides better all around value.

I think you are right to key in on Lohrei and Steen and the 1st and I think if the Bruins feel like Lindholm would re-sign its a tough pill I might be OK with them swallowing, but I was looking for a relatively smaller add like Deslauriers to make the pill go down easier.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
Reilly is a good puck mover that doesn't score much and isn't anything special in 1 on 1 battles. He is one of those players that grades out as a $7.5m player on all the fancy analytics models because he is a good possession player, but when you watch him you are underwhelmed. Very divisive in the Bruins fans base between folks that trust the data and the folks that trust their eyes. He and McAvoy have been on 1st pair together during the Bruins winning streak and it has gone very well.

The thing is, is that unlike a Lindholm, we can't just put Reilly down with Carlo and have it be a great all situations pairing. He just isn't ideal to LEAD a top 4 pairing on a Cup team. Gryz has the same warts and is just flat out better, but also has the same issue of being better suited to be the #2 guy on a pairing.

The Bruins have a #1 in McAvoy, and then three guys in Carlo, Reilly and Gryz who should be the "other guy" on a good top 4 pairing. One of Gryz or Reilly needs to be upgraded to a guy that can lead a pairing like Lindholm. Some on the Bruins board have talked about Gryz, not Reilly or Forbort, being a D returned in a deal, but that would have to be to a team that values him as a true top 4D as a valuable part of the return, and I am not sure if the Ducks are in that place.

Forbort is what he is. A #1 on the PK and really good at keeping shots away from the net, but not much else. Best served as a leader on your PK and then on your bottom pair (or the guy they put with McAvoy up by a goal late in the game). Perhaps Forbort could take on the babysitter role for Drysdale as he matures, but it isn't exciting. Neither Forbort or Reilly are a dump, but Reilly provides better all around value.

I think you are right to key in on Lohrei and Steen and the 1st and I think if the Bruins feel like Lindholm would re-sign its a tough pill I might be OK with them swallowing, but I was looking for a relatively smaller add like Deslauriers to make the pill go down easier.

Forbort would definitely be preferable from a Ducks perspective. They've got better puck movers than Rielly in Fowler/Drysdale. Shattenkirk too but he sucks. Hopefully could put Forbort with Drysdale for the rest of the season with easier minutes than Drysdale has been getting. Reassess the D in the summer.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
I can't see it personally, after your most elite young pieces that I'd assume are untouchable, I don't think there's a prospect who makes a strong enough starting point for an extended Lindholm. Definitely can't picture what you've listed being the best pieces on the table, or really even getting a conversation started.

What would be a realistic price for Lindholm only? On second thought, it might be a shrewder (is that a word?) move to wait for him in the offseason - if he doesn't sign an extension.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2012
What would be a realistic price for Lindholm only? On second thought, it might be a shrewder (is that a word?) move to wait for him in the offseason - if he doesn't sign an extension.

It would definitely make more sense for Detroit to take a run at Lindholm in free agency. Any Lindholm deal needs to start with a 1st and also include a good prospect. Obviously Detroit isn't moving their 1st for a rental.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

If I am Detroit I keep hoarding young assets and cap space, until they become a go to destination for free agents to supplement the home grown core. If you can make some deals for some disgruntled RFAs, totally, but I wouldn't be dealing good assets for UFA aged guys until the team is a bit better... and frankly until some of TB, Toronto, Florida and Boston (with a target on Boston specifically) come back to earth a bit. There is no rush to be going for it for Detroit when the division is as stupid as it is now.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Forbort would definitely be preferable from a Ducks perspective. They've got better puck movers than Rielly in Fowler/Drysdale. Shattenkirk too but he sucks. Hopefully could put Forbort with Drysdale for the rest of the season with easier minutes than Drysdale has been getting. Reassess the D in the summer.

I think the Bruins would be more interested in keeping Forbort for the same reasons, but I'm sure they could find a taker for Reilly elsewhere if it was all that important to them. Or maybe they move our Gryz for some help up front. I dunno. Too many possibilities this time of year.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

In Detroit's case it may be more sensible to just wait and try to be in the bidding if he hits the UFA market. Without an extension in place they surely don't pay the price. Lindholm with an extension probably costs your 2022 1st +, the pick projecting to land in the back end of the top 10 or 15.

Reactions: Mister Ed
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad