Value of: Hampus Lindholm &/or Rickard Rakell Auction!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
In your opinion and thats fair but in my opinion I'd take the 21 year old top 4 d trending towards a top pairing d man. Winger is the easiest hole on a team to fill, top pair d not so much.

He is 22, btw. I think there are legit reasons to question Sandin's ceiling because of his physical tools, but he would certainly be a nice piece in a proposal. If you really think he is a future top pair D, though, it seems questionable to use him for a rental. Makes me wonder if you really think that's what he is going to be.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
That makes sense. But one of the few teams who can afford both Rakell and Lindholm this very moment? It’s definitely the rangers. The question is do the rangers want both for their playoff push
I'm reasonably certain the answer is no. The cost would be way too high for both of them when we can't re-sign either.

IMO, Lindholm is not a consideration at all. Rakell may be, depending on the price. If another team is willing to offer a 1st+ for him, count the Rangers out.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Alex Iafallo
Jaret Anderson-Dolan
Tyler Madden
2023 3rd rounder

For

Lindholm @50%
Rakell

Just spit balling, but not sure if Rakell’s value

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Alex Iafallo
Jaret Anderson-Dolan
Tyler Madden
2023 3rd rounder

For

Lindholm @50%
Rakell

Just spit balling, but not sure if Rakell’s value
Take out Anderson Dolan and add Helge Grans , switch the the third to a 1st

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
In your opinion and thats fair but in my opinion I'd take the 21 year old top 4 d trending towards a top pairing d man. Winger is the easiest hole on a team to fill, top pair d not so much.

I’m not really worried about defense right now. I think you can ask any Anaheim fan on what we need to do? And it’s to get young talented forwards who can help Zegras long term. We’re losing our franchise center in Getzlaf most likely this off season. So we need to bring some stuff in to replace him

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
I'm reasonably certain the answer is no. The cost would be way too high for both of them when we can't re-sign either.

IMO, Lindholm is not a consideration at all. Rakell may be, depending on the price. If another team is willing to offer a 1st+ for him, count the Rangers out.

I don’t see Rakell getting a first. Biggest return I see is a 2nd + A-/B Prospect. If someone’s going to spend a first on forward. It’s 100% used on Giroux

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I’m not really worried about defense right now. I think you can ask any Anaheim fan on what we need to do? And it’s to get young talented forwards who can help Zegras long term. We’re losing our franchise center in Getzlaf most likely this off season. So we need to bring some stuff in to replace him
Thats a fair opinion, with that being said I personally take the high end d man. Thank you for your input though its very much appreciated.

Reactions: DucksUnited

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
Thats a fair opinion, with that being said I personally take the high end d man. Thank you for your input though its very much appreciated.

No problem. It’s a rocky road now that I think about it. We lose Getzlaf to retirement, and we’re also going to lose Rakell if he’s traded. Forward has to be the priority position this off season. Good news is Anaheim has ALOT!!! Of money this off season in cap space

MCB

Jun 21, 2019

No problem. It’s a rocky road now that I think about it. We lose Getzlaf to retirement, and we’re also going to lose Rakell if he’s traded. Forward has to be the priority position this off season. Good news is Anaheim has ALOT!!! Of money this off season in cap space

Completely off topic but this has to be the most cordial and polite interaction I’ve ever seen on any message board.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
I wouldnt worry at all, the ducks look poised to become a top tier team again in a year or two maximum.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That would be very tempting! I would counter with a second that turns into a 1st if Lindholm resigns
Don’t think you can do those types of conditions anymore, unless the extension is agreed upon during trade in which case the first would already be apart of the deal

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Don’t think you can do those types of conditions anymore, unless the extension is agreed upon during trade in which case the first would already be apart of the deal
And that’s where my thought was… start with a 2nd and if he resigns during the process then it’s a first but if we can’t and we still agree to the deal then it’s a second..
Iafallo
Grans
Madden
2nd
Isn’t chop liver for people that know how good Grans is..

DucksUnited

Mar 16, 2022
I wouldnt worry at all, the ducks look poised to become a top tier team again in a year or two maximum.

Yah I hope so. The fan base really wants to be back in the playoff hunt again. Back in the years when you can bank Anaheim and Kings we’re making the playoffs, and wanting to play each other in a series. Those were the good old days 😂

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA

Might be a couple years out from a playoff team, but probably a bit longer until they are real contenders again (pending what happens in this and next year's draft). Losing Manson, Lindholm and (to a lesser extent) Rakell is going to hurt. McTavish could be in the NHL as early as next year, but about a year to adjust to this level. All other prospects are probably 2-4 years away from making a big impact. Drysdale and Zegras should take a step forward, but not much support around them outside of Fowler and Terry.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Yeah, were I a GM, I’m not offering anything close to that for a rental. I’d be ringing back ARZ, suck it to and pay the price for Chychrun

If I am Boston, I pay it IF there is a deal in place. Boston is in a weird place where they are contending AND have a young Pasta/McAvoy/Swayman core... but so badly need to keep picks to throw darts at trying to find their next #1C... so the extra 1st or whatever that Chychrun would demand might not be worth it.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
If I am Boston, I pay it IF there is a deal in place. Boston is in a weird place where they are contending AND have a young Pasta/McAvoy/Swayman core... but so badly need to keep picks to throw darts at trying to find their next #1C... so the extra 1st or whatever that Chychrun would demand might not be worth it.

Eh, even with an extension, I’d stay far, far way from that price for Lindholm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad