GDT: Habs at Leafs (Now, Monday)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I think Barron starts the year
But Mailloux has made it a veeeery short leash possibly

Logan has definitely looked more good than bad, you gotta hand it to him
Gotta respectfully disagree. I don't think the plan at all is to keep mailloux up. I think they were hoping Sharron would show enough to warrant staying up for the start of the season at least but since they need someone to fill in as a 7th D until Matheson returns, I think it'll be norlinder honestly. Besides mailloux, he deserves it

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I got crucified on here a few months ago for saying that that Habs future D core will be the best since the 1970s dynasty
We've had some really good cores. The 90s we had a good group. In the 80s we had Robinson, Chelios, Svoboda, Green, Ludwig...

But you could be right. There's some great talent coming up. I'm excited about Hutson.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I spent afternoon golfing. Glad to see that leafs started practicing their choke job early.

We've had some really good cores. The 90s we had a good group. In the 80s we had Robinson, Chelios, Svoboda, Green, Ludwig...

But you could be right. There's some great talent coming up. I'm excited about Hutson.
I usually don’t pay too much attention so prob missed the update - was Hutson dressed for any of the preseason games? Or rookie games? Or is he injured?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I spent afternoon golfing. Glad to see that leafs started practicing their choke job early.

I usually don’t pay too much attention so prob missed the update - was Hutson dressed for any of the preseason games? Or rookie games? Or is he injured?
He's getting ready for his college team. Wasn't at camp this year.

Reactions: The Real Timo

calder candidate

Feb 25, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
WoW what a good finish
Everyone everyone look pretty good, and this was vs. a NHL squad.
Allen let in a soft one but made so big save.
Monahan showed lot of skills and poise what a great signing… (still can’t believe we got a first to take him and if he can stay healthy we could get another 1st)
Dach showed flashes of being a elite player that can be dominant.
Mailloux showed all is tools walkin that blue line, passing and shooting.
Suzuki, Caufeild, Anderson started off hot than might of been a bit quiet after that but finish strong finish
Kovacevic probably had a is best game very smart, big, reliable and great deal.
Harris took a lot of hit but made the play every time and moved the puck well.
Xhekaj played a lot better it isn’t perfect but I rather had that all in energy than sitting back trying not to make mistake.
Norlinder bought him self a lot more time he having a kind of unexpectedly good camp.
Savard, RHP was fine
Gallagher, Pearson these guy seem a step behind but these vet will fine a way to contribute.
Evans is a good complementary player than but there is much to complement on The 4th line.
Slaf made a few plays and pass that could have been goal but he still seem like he is holding back need to keep is feet moving and be aggressive in is decision making, I have him start game one in MTL to stay around the team but if he doesn’t take a step in the first few games send him to the AHL to be the player everyone is leaning on to lead the team on the ice, lot of ice time lot of touches it will help him out a lot he need to play top 6minutes.
Yolonen had some flashes but to me he isn’t a top 6 and considering the rest of our bottom 6 he is just too soft and light.
Heineman as the tools we are looking for but not sure he did enough to steal a job he doesn’t need to go on waiver some time in the AHL won’t hurt him will have a spot by the trade deadline.

Reactions: Guess

larek

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
If he is physically unprepared for the season, I hope he's the guy that gets dealt early... can't see the point in keeping him around if he's not leading by example and he's getting outplayed by the next gen.
He will have a good chance of being injured

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
1696304145275.png

Sorry Leafs, no Cup for you!

Very entertaining game. I've been sitting here the last two hours humming their goal song, while laughing my ass off.

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
Harris is greatly under appreciated here. He played a strong game , skated well and blocked a number of dangerous shots.

Both.
Most people seem to believe that he has the profile of a puck moving defenseman, perhaps due to his size; I've actually seen many assert that Arber is the superior defensive player. His style of game and lack of physicality defies the traditional perception of a quality defender, leading to this misperception.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Harris had a good game. He’s a solid defenseman. I wish he had more of either a shot or a good playmaking instinct because it’s hard to field 15 point dmen these days.

That's good cuz Harris put up 17pts in 65 games, as a rookie, on one of the worst offensive teams in decades. So you don't need to worry about him only bring a 15pt dman :Sarcasm:

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
I'm hoping Kirby can do to Slaf what Caufield and Suzuki did to him.
I'm expecting more.
Kirby complement Nick&Cole, but they have different style, different sizes. But Slaf is as big as Kirby, we hope he could play physical as Kirby. And, Slaf is in the similar situation to Kirby in Chicago, Kirby could share his experience about how to handle the pressure, not just skills.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
If Habs get any goal tending at all they be a decent team this year
I doubt it. The bottom 6 is going to be very unproductive, Matheson is made of glass, and as good as Guhle is, he won't be providing elite offense consistently to support the top 6 (and he has serious issues staying healthy). While I do expect Suzuki/CC to be excellent, Dach/Slaf to improve from last year, and Newhook to be a solid addition, I doubt it's going to be enough to keep us outside the bottom 10. Monahan will have difficulty staying healthy and Anderson is the most inconsistent player in the league.

As you mentioned, goaltending is a giant question mark right now. Allen looks like dog shit and who knows if Monty can repeat playing well for us consistently as a starter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad