GDT: Habs at Leafs (Now, Monday)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Positives: Norlinder, first liners when it mattered, Mailloux, Kovacevic, Dach, Monahan.

Meh: Most of the roster

Negatives: Gallagher's inefficacy, and Savard........he's not good
I feel like Savard needs like 20 games to get in what he considers his game shape. Because it’s very obvious the man doesn’t spend his summers working out.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
18:50... good for 4th of the dmen.

Harris led all skaters on both teams with 23:02. & finished +2 on the night
It's weird because I feel like whenever I watch Harris, nothing stands out to me. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I always feel like he doesn't do anything particularly great.

Then you look at the stat line and he puts up something like that. So what do I know?

Reactions: Tyson

KKWG11

Nov 25, 2017
Norlinder looked unreal... always good beating the leafs.... mailoux bangs hard

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I think Barron starts the year
But Mailloux has made it a veeeery short leash possibly

Lohan has definitely looked more good than bad, you gotta hand it to him
It's a testament to his natural talent alone.

Dude has played a grand total of 75 CHL games in the last 3 years and looks NHL ready.

The ceiling is way higher than people think.

Edit: 96 CHL games***

Last edited:

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I feel like Savard needs like 20 games to get in what he considers his game shape. Because it’s very obvious the man doesn’t spend his summers working out.
He came into camp in shape last year, and it made a big difference in his whole season.

I feel coming into camp out of shape (as per usual) this year could really lead to him playing catch up all season, and just not being that good. I was hoping to get a good return for him next TDL or this one - especially with it looking more likely than not that both Reinbacher and Mailloux will be ready next year.

Reactions: le_sean

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
what a difference with Guhle out of the lineup, he our anchor yet he is so young? Harris had a good game. Mailloux looks a little like Slaf did last year…the talent is there he just has to put it all together. He also looked good at times tonight.

this team has lots of work to do however beating the leafs is always sweet.

Reactions: Redux91

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
what a difference with Guhle out of the lineup, he our anchor yet he is so young? Harris had a good game. Mailloux looks a little like Slaf did last year…the talent is there he just has to put it all together. He also looked good at times tonight.

this team has lots of work to do however beating the leafs is always sweet.
Matheson was out too. He’s more of an anchor and completely tilts the ice by almost being a 4th forward.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
It's weird because I feel like whenever I watch Harris, nothing stands out to me. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I always feel like he doesn't do anything particularly great.

Then you look at the stat line and he puts up something like that. So what do I know?

He plays the kind of game coaches love. Steady, calm, reliable. Makes good reads with & without the puck, and doesn't take unecessary risks.

Won't be a fan favorite because there's no flash or sizzle, but I bet he has a long career that arcs similar to Alec Martinez... never quite elite, but rock -steady #3-4 dman you can win with.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

It was truly painful to listen to. These guys get paid money to provide their opinions and what we got was very subpar. Surely they could have said something generic like "they are a young team, building on last year is key" rather than stumble out something.

Why?

Sportsnet & TSNs bread & butter is the Southern Ontario horseshoe which is Leafs kingdom, not Habs fanbase..

Damn Barron may have played himself to Laval.
Hopefully he’s played himself to another org…. terrible Dman, didn’t have a clue what to do in his own zone & zero jam

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006

People were complaining about that one shift where he was hemmed in his zone for what felt like an eternity, slumped over huffing and puffing.

All I was thinking about were all those calories he was forced to burn.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
He came into camp in shape last year, and it made a big difference in his whole season.

I feel coming into camp out of shape (as per usual) this year could really lead to him playing catch up all season, and just not being that good. I was hoping to get a good return for him next TDL or this one - especially with it looking more likely than not that both Reinbacher and Mailloux will be ready next year.

Ya wouldn't be surprised if Savard sucked this year.

If he is physically unprepared for the season, I hope he's the guy that gets dealt early... can't see the point in keeping him around if he's not leading by example and he's getting outplayed by the next gen.

Reactions: 26Mats

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad