Proposal: Greenway for your center

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Rental's don't usually require much cap going back the other way since team's usually accumulate ample space by then.

Shooting for Boldy + Lambos for a guy that'll be accepting bids from Minnesota "and half the other teams. Which includes his present team" is definitely dreaming, though.
Much less than dreaming you're finally getting a 1c for Greenway+

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Much less than dreaming you're finally getting a 1c for Greenway+
You're misreading the context that Hertl's name was mentioned in, which was just a rundown of potentially available centers. Not centers that might move for Greenway or Greenway+.

I agree that Greenway isn't a piece that'll return a top-6 center without some kind of major contract issues. Certainly not Hertl.

Reactions: MK9

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Wild can't afford his 6M cap hit for the next 5 years. The only cap dump they have is Rask, and his 4M is expiring this year.
Yes, I agree. I thought the Wild still had a goalie on the books they could dump. Sigh. I really want Greenway on the Coyotes.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
I stayed out of this thread until Hertl's name came up. No way a bottom 6 winger is the center piece for acquiring a 1c.
Been here foe years and there's nothing more futile on this board than discussing a trade for a center with Wild fans. Not that this board isn't all about futile

weird, its almost as if had you read the OP it was stated im looking for a top 6c not a 1c, and im willing to add. i also wrote that they dont have to be a top 6c now, but can be a prospect thats trending and expected to be that and may be stuck behind roster players. But its okay to just hop in a thread and propose a trade thats not in the realm of the OP and then claim Im the one thats mistaken.

Reactions: 57special

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
weird, its almost as if had you read the OP it was stated im looking for a top 6c not a 1c, and im willing to add. i also wrote that they dont have to be a top 6c now, but can be a prospect thats trending and expected to be that and may be stuck behind roster players. But its okay to just hop in a thread and propose a trade thats not in the realm of the OP and then claim Im the one thats mistaken.
Is there any doubt that Hertl would come right in and be the Wilds top center?

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Yes and I replied to one. And then had to fend off others.
Find the one
No one said greenway as a base for hertl. You misinterpreted that.

Anyway, Guerin isn't trading their top prospect for a half year rental, especially given our cap circumstances. The equivalent of two firsts is on the absolute top end for less than a year of Hertl (extended or not), looking at comparables like Stone and Duchene trades.

Boldy is worth more than a 1st and lambos just was one. Lambos and a 1st or equivalent is probably as high as the wild are willing to go. Probably not Boldy or Rossi.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
What makes you think anyone values Hajek as anything other than a guy who will be on waivers at some point?

He was key piece in a big deal. He played like the real thing, then got injured [shoulder] which supposedly is fully repaired, but he never returned to form and NY has botched him.

Does that mean he holds his prior valuation?
Of course not.
But for a small downgrade one level down on a mid pick it's not a bad gamble.

The other thing is, as I explained.
Am willing to backscratch on retaining half for Strome.
But if I do that, throw me a bone -- take Hajek cheap so I create another roster spot.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
No one said greenway as a base for hertl.

Anyway, the wild aren't trading their top prospect for a half year rental. The equivalent of two firsts is on the absolute top end for less than a year of Hertl (extended or not), looking at comparables like Stone and Duchene trades.

Boldy is worth more than a 1st and lambos just was one. Lambos and a 1st is probably as high as the wild are willing to go.
Says you
Just what's the dif between Boldy and Lambos and a 1st and Lambos? Not that much

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Says you
Just what's the dif between Boldy and Lambos and a 1st and Lambos? Not that much
The difference is boldy is our most nhl ready prospect and we need ELCs to fill out our lineup given our cap situation. Especially if we're adding an 8M hertl onto the roster

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Looking over his time at Shattucks, USN, BU, Wild, Greenway has always been a playmaker, usually 2-3 x or more assists than goals. AS I recall he has played center in the past, no? Why not get him to work on faceoffs and put him in Ek's old role? Ek is showing signs he is the top center we've been wanting, at least in this season's small sample plus last year. Greenway could be a monster at center.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Work in a contract coming back.
We have one negative value contract to send back and it expires at the end of this season. All the other guys have NMCs.

Hertl is a rental. A high end rental, but a rental nonetheless. I don't see Guerin being willing to include our top prospect given our cap situation.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
We have one negative value contract to send back and it expires at the end of this season. All the other guys have NMCs.

Hertl is a rental. A high end rental, but a rental nonetheless. I don't see Guerin being willing to include our top prospect given our cap situation.
Okay.
Although a 1 year deal coming back works best for us.
A Tomas Hertl ought not come cheap. I suspect if he is put on the market there's going to be a lot of interest.
Frankly I hope he re-signs but it is what it is.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
30 other teams will pick up that call, so no worries.
More realistically is that 27 teams will wait to see if he hits the open market. Boldy + Lambos is a brutal deal for the Wild. Hertl is a low end #1C he doesn't land you an organizations top 2 prospects. Can you site a trade in the last 3-4 seasons where an expiring contract landed a teams 2 best prospect? I can't really think of one. Reinhart got a 1st and a goalie prospect, Dvorak got a 1st and 2nd, Stone got a Prospect and a 2nd, PLD got 2 players that didn't want to be in Winnipeg, one being unsigned, no prospects or high picks but Laine's value is high - I just don't see the comparables to justifiably ask for 2 top organizational prospects.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
More realistically is that 27 teams will wait to see if he hits the open market. Boldy + Lambos is a brutal deal for the Wild. Hertl is a low end #1C he doesn't land you an organizations top 2 prospects. Can you site a trade in the last 3-4 seasons where an expiring contract landed a teams 2 best prospect? I can't really think of one. Reinhart got a 1st and a goalie prospect, Dvorak got a 1st and 2nd, Stone got a Prospect and a 2nd, PLD got 2 players that didn't want to be in Winnipeg, one being unsigned, no prospects or high picks but Laine's value is high - I just don't see the comparables to justifiably ask for 2 top organizational prospects.
Did Rossi die in a fire? I mean we will take him if Lambos is too much

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
San Jose would need to find a team willing to trade from the top of their prospect pool for a rental 1C. That team could well come forward near the trade deadline, but it's not going to be Minnesota. Guerin's already shown himself to be perfectly comfortable burning seasons while trotting out guys like Marcus Johansson, Victor Rask and Ryan Hartman as top-6 centers and hoarding picks and prospects. It's pretty obvious that they're not suddenly going to jump into the deep end of the rental market.

Reactions: bernmeister

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
great defection but it doesn't really add anything to the discussion - can you provide a comparable where 2 prospects of Boldy and Lambos quality where traded for an expiring contract?

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
great defection but it doesn't really add anything to the discussion - can you provide a comparable where 2 prospects of Boldy and Lambos quality where traded for an expiring contract?
We don't know the for sure the "quality" of those prospects. It's mostly middle-ish 1sts whom you/we are projecting. Hertl would come in and be your best C.

Reactions: themelkman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad