Proposal: Greenway for your center

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
i wouldnt at the cost youre asking.
Then don’t? I don’t know why you feel like I’m pushing him on you. The sharks are the sellers, our goal is to find out who’s interested, tell them what we want and take the best offer. If your team is not interested and wants a cheaper but less effective target that’s not our problem.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Leonard's already proven he's worth more than his draft position.
That's just a run of the mil offer.
Like Stone whom you seem fond of inserting the Wild are free to have a deal worked out. I did mention taking back a salary.
Hertl would be there top C. The Wild are a play-off team that long as had a hole at the most critical position.
A late 1st and whoever they feel like losing just isn't going to cut it
The entire point of this is that I don't see any team offering 2 prospects of the quality you are asking from the Wild in exchange for Hertl. If this is the ask, it's fine the Wild would look elsewhere and maybe the C they get isn't quite at Hertl's level, but Hertl isn't the type of player you sell the farm for.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
The entire point of this is that I don't see any team offering 2 prospects of the quality you are asking from the Wild in exchange for Hertl. If this is the ask, it's fine the Wild would look elsewhere and maybe the C they get isn't quite at Hertl's level, but Hertl isn't the type of player you sell the farm for.
1st and foremost I'm hoping the Sharks re-sign him. Barring that I suspect Hertl will bring in a very good haul.
Your opinion is noted

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Sure it does. I don't think he's played it regularly for years.
So if those 3 and Hertl all hit the market, which one would you want most?
Which one would garner the most interest?

i would want giroux or malkin personally. both are at the points in their respective careers it might actually be possible to fit them on the roster without destroying it just to fit them.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
i would want giroux or malkin personally. both are at the points in their respective careers it might actually be possible to fit them on the roster without destroying it just to fit them.
The ask was for two non roster players so that can't be it
Works for me. I doubt either would be available before the end of the season

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
The ask was for two non roster players so that can't be it
Works for me. I doubt either would be available before the end of the season

Again, you havent read previous posts. We have 2 buyouts we have to navigate the next 3 seasons plus this one. so when i say "without destroying the roster" im talking about trading half the team away to make the cap work. Again, the same reason we arent trading 2 of our top 4 prospects....

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Again, you havent read previous posts. We have 2 buyouts we have to navigate the next 3 seasons plus this one. so when i say "without destroying the roster" im talking about trading half the team away to make the cap work. Again, the same reason we arent trading 2 of our top 4 prospects....
Malkin isn't going to leave the Pens for peanuts. I'm sure the other two would come in much cheaper but neither are even close to being a real 1c.
I did mention the Wild sending back salary

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Malkin isn't going to leave the Pens for peanuts. I'm sure the other two would come in much cheaper but neither are even close to being a real 1c.
I did mention the Wild sending back salary

we arent shopping for a 1c. we are shopping for a top 6 c that can navigate our buyout periods. Aging vets that may agree to short term deals or young elc players are ideal. Hertl is not one of those.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
we arent shopping for a 1c. we are shopping for a top 6 c that can navigate our buyout periods. Aging vets that may agree to short term deals or young elc players are ideal. Hertl is not one of those.
Okay. I won't argue your teams needs. Only the perceived worth of the players on mine.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Okay. I won't argue your teams needs. Only the perceived worth of the players on mine.

and the worth of your player on the last year of his contract is not 2 blue chip prospects. You might snag 1, and a mid round pick. or a tier two prospect and a 1st, but you wont get two blue chips. and id bet my farm on that.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
and the worth of your player on the last year of his contract is not 2 blue chip prospects. You might snag 1, and a mid round pick. or a tier two prospect and a 1st, but you wont get two blue chips. and id bet my farm on that.
I wouldn't call Lambos a blue chip prospect
Yeah everyone wants it on the cheap

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
he was widely considered a top 10 pick that dropped due to an injury his draft year. so i don't know how you wouldnt call him one.
Blue chip usually equates to can't miss. I like him leading up to draft. But he's not in that tier. Not sure Boldy is one either. Just need to see how there trending I suppose.

I wouldn't be asking for them if I didn't think they'd be good.

north21

May 1, 2014
MN

Have to agree with this, we just need a stop gap for the now or next season at the absolute latest.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Not interested in chasing down rabbit holes. No this is this year and there's not aa lot of Hertls who might be made available. I suspect( if this site is any harbinger that Hertl will garner a lot of interest.
A mid 1st and a late 1st is hardly out of the realm
A 1st and a prospect is the usual
base offer. Is it not?
You're ignoring the fact that Boldy is worth more than a 1st. Boldy is a top 15 prospect in the league from every list I've seen

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Didn’t the Wild employe Matt Cooke? I don’t think it gets any dirtier than that. As for Kadri being a locker room cancer, can’t say I’ve ever heard that and same goes with him being expensive.

That's an ignorant grasp at straws.

You mean, like 3 GM's ago? The fans weren't exactly happy about Cooke being here either. Hate to tell you, but that mentality didn't exactly permeate the entire team for the rest of all time.

And no. Zero interest in Kadri regardless of his locker room etiquette. As far as his contract, it is expensive if he can't be trusted to make it through a playoff series without being suspended.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
I haven't seen such lists and frankly they really don't mean squat anyways.
Worth more than a 1st? Like what?
Like tomas hertl is worth more than a first. You're going to play dumb now and act like all 1sts have equal value, even 2 or 3 years after they were taken?

I'll put it like this: Boldy>Rossi>Khusnutdinov> Wallstedt>Lambos>2022 1st

That's how I perceive their value at least. Maybe Guerin would be willing to give up two of these for Hertl with a palatable extension. But Boldy won't be a part of it. If there is no extension the Wild are probably out. Guerin has proven he isn't going to give up anything of value for short term answers at C.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Like tomas hertl is worth more than a first. You're going to play dumb now and act like all 1sts have equal value, even 2 or 3 years after they were taken?

I'll put it like this: Boldy>Rossi>Khusnutdinov> Wallstedt>Lambos>2022 1st

That's how I perceive their value at least. Maybe Guerin would be willing to give up two of these for Hertl with a palatable extension. But Boldy won't be a part of it. If there is no extension the Wild are probably out. Guerin has proven he isn't going to give up anything of value for short term answers at C.
Your not trying to compare Hertl to a guy who not even a NHLer are you?
So your top prospect and your 5th best prospect is too much.
Sounds about the right price to me
I'm sure your GM is looking to not only return to the playoffs but get farther into them. That's his job

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Your not trying to compare Hertl to a guy who not even a NHLer are you?
So your top prospect and your 5th best prospect is too much.
Sounds about the right price to me
I'm sure your GM is looking to not only return to the playoffs but get farther into them. That's his job

Not everyone has a completely barren prospect pool like the Sharks. Some teams top prospect+fifth best prospect are much, much better than others.

I trust you'll be as eager to trade Eklund+Bordeleau for a rental in a few months if you're still in the playoff hunt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad