Proposal: Greenway for your center

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Setting aside that Brodin's NMC probably kills this in the cradle, the Wild already have a good stockpile of defensive prospects to feed onto the team over the next few years. In terms of contract, age and ability, Brodin's an ideal player to have while prospects like Addison, Lambos, O'Rourke, Hunt, etc. push toward the NHL and top-4 minutes. Swapping in Miller and Lindgren mostly just derails that for little benefit, especially since the chances of us prying a better center than Rossi away from LA is low to begin with.

Thank you.
Suggestion withdrawn.
I was not aware you had such good D depth in the system and it was close enuf to not make my LD adds as appealing as first seems

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Would the Rangers do this?
I would but that’s probably because I really like Greenway. Rask would be a replacement for Chytil. I can’t see Chytil getting opportunity on NYR as Zib is our long term 1C and Panarin/Chytil don’t mesh at all. Chytil would be getting held back as our 3C long term.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I would but that’s probably because I really like Greenway. Rask would be a replacement for Chytil. I can’t see Chytil getting opportunity on NYR as Zib is our long term 1C and Panarin/Chytil don’t mesh at all. Chytil would be getting held back as our 3C long term.

I would not move Chytil, 2C with upside, for the above rationale.
I already said LaF-Chytil-Gauthier would work and should be a thing.
So far the happenstance of LaF + Chytil together made me look good.
Waiting for the other shoe to drop.

We can do:
trade Strome for futures

Goodrow-Zib-Panarin
LaF-Chytil-Gauthier
kreider-Barron/kravtsov-Kakko

choose from
Barron/Krav, Blais, Reaves, Rooney +
Adding basically Greenway for basically Strome adds to the logjam and prob forces Barron down while Krav gets a chance and once producing, after showcase, gets dealt
Howev
using Strome at half and then dealing hin as a rental for a 1st is something Wild is surprisingly lukewarm to.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Not sure this is a fit given high prices LA wants, but maybe enough 2nd tier asset value to work. Maybe. This is spitballin and not fully reviewed....

3 way:

Rangers send both KAM and Lindgren home to MIN
along with Strome max retained 50%
for Rossi + a 1st + a 2nd

MIN then moves Brodin, goligoski + possibly Greenway to LA
for pivot help

LAK get instead stopgap on Golgo + Brodin is good add LD

as a result of this^
MIN
- while Strome is immediately useful at pivot, he may have to be dealt later if not extended, but at 50% retained rental will certainly fetch a 1st
- Wild add one or more useful pivots even if not highest top level pivots
- rejuventate their LD with 2 young guys on cheap $

LA
gets immediate LD help and thins its pivot surplus without moving highest tier guys

NY
wince at the LD sacrifice but adds young top 10 prospect soon to compete, also immediately make room for Reunanen + Hajek to play, and once showcased they are dealt while promoting Jones and Robertson. Tinordi can lose some rust and get in a few games.
Add a pick
Moving Strome = spot for Krav on the varsity roster, which is beginning of a solution to this problem

thoughts?
This is beyond horrendous for MN. You are banned from posting for a day.

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
Not sure this is a fit given high prices LA wants, but maybe enough 2nd tier asset value to work. Maybe. This is spitballin and not fully reviewed....

3 way:

Rangers send both KAM and Lindgren home to MIN
along with Strome max retained 50%
for Rossi + a 1st + a 2nd

MIN then moves Brodin, goligoski + possibly Greenway to LA
for pivot help

LAK get instead stopgap on Golgo + Brodin is good add LD

as a result of this^
MIN
- while Strome is immediately useful at pivot, he may have to be dealt later if not extended, but at 50% retained rental will certainly fetch a 1st
- Wild add one or more useful pivots even if not highest top level pivots
- rejuventate their LD with 2 young guys on cheap $

LA
gets immediate LD help and thins its pivot surplus without moving highest tier guys

NY
wince at the LD sacrifice but adds young top 10 prospect soon to compete, also immediately make room for Reunanen + Hajek to play, and once showcased they are dealt while promoting Jones and Robertson. Tinordi can lose some rust and get in a few games.
Add a pick
Moving Strome = spot for Krav on the varsity roster, which is beginning of a solution to this problem

thoughts?
This works out great for the Rangers, but does the opposite for the Wild. How does LA even consider this?

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Greenway seems like that perfect 3rd or 4th line guy for a cup contender. Big and strong, some skill, can mix it up and get under opponents skin, wear down smaller defensemen over a series, even play 3rd wheel on a scoring line.

Reminds me of what Penner, Maroon, Foligno, even Big Buff at forward brought. As a Jets fan I think we could really use a guy like this.

Not sure Minnesota is looking at dealing him for futures, or to a team they might have to play round one? But for a 2nd + prospect this guy could be a real unsung hero for someone

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Greenway seems like that perfect 3rd or 4th line guy for a cup contender. Big and strong, some skill, can mix it up and get under opponents skin, wear down smaller defensemen over a series, even play 3rd wheel on a scoring line.

Reminds me of what Penner, Maroon, Foligno, even Big Buff at forward brought. As a Jets fan I think we could really use a guy like this.

Not sure Minnesota is looking at dealing him for futures, or to a team they might have to play round one? But for a 2nd + prospect this guy could be a real unsung hero for someone
with the cap issue the next few years, id say straight futures for him would be welcomed.

Reactions: GuerinUp

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Greenways time is coming up

We need to move him for a top 6 center

We are willing to add for the right return

Also, please note our cap complications over the next 4 years.

Who is available?

Why would any team give up a top 6 center for a winger with 0 goals?

Jordan Greenway is tied with Nick Ritchie in goals and points, nobody is giving up a top 6 player for either of them.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Why would any team give up a top 6 center for a winger with 0 goals?

Jordan Greenway is tied with Nick Ritchie in goals and points, nobody is giving up a top 6 player for either of them.

If you read, it says we are willing to add. Ive also stated in this thread a prospect trending to be top 6 thats stuck behind veteran roster players also is acceptable...

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Ryan Strome.
He is good value at 4.5 which you can swing but I can sweeten it to 2.25
That makes him close to literally cap netural, w/JG at 2.1 elc expiring into rfa, per CF.

Strome is an actual pivot, actual right hand shot.
Obv plays even better w/breadman -- be honest who doesn't -- but forced Panarin absence coupled w/other stuff gave us a good look at him w/others and he produces.

Issue is we can't afford him long term, as all good now but need cap $ for Fox extension, + LaF + Kakko extensions.

For this reason was hoping for a late 1st, or 2nd + with add for retaining.

Howev, Greenway is exiting elc=> rfa so there is hope we can somewhat cost control enuf to make deal worthwhile.

Request: as you prob know we have Kravtsov situation and fastest way to resolve that is deal one of Strome/Hajek for a pick to create a roster spot.

Since I'm doing you a solid on retaining on Strome, how about you do mutual backscratch and take Hajek.

Hajek + NYR 2022 4th
for
Wild 2022 3rd + 5th [you have two and that projects to be the later one]

That would be a win win

deal?

What is with Ranger fans beging to move Ryan Strome? Even if you say it's because he's a rental, good teams generally don't sell and so far the Rangers have been pretty good they look like buyers so far.

Reactions: Flair Hay

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
Much as it makes me wanna puke in my mouth a bit

:wild

C Nazem Kadri

:avs

F Jordan Greenway
C Nick Bonino
2nd round pick in 2022

But for the Avs thats a lot like robbing Peter to pay Paul

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Much as it makes me wanna puke in my mouth a bit

C Nazem Kadri

:avs

F Jordan Greenway
C Nick Bonino
2nd round pick in 2022

But for the Avs thats a lot like robbing Peter to pay Paul

No to Kadri in any deal

Reactions: RobinOvian

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
I honestly feel that Miller would be a good option - but it's the need to resign him after next season that will cause the Wild issues, and the Wild will want all their ELC's so I don't know if there's a deal - but I do think he would fill a need for the Wild nicely.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
JT Miller
:nucks
Jordan Greenway
Calen Addison
2022 2nd
I honestly feel that Miller would be a good option - but it's the need to resign him after next season that will cause the Wild issues, and the Wild will want all their ELC's so I don't know if there's a deal - but I do think he would fill a need for the Wild nicely.
Boondocks response is why i could see this deal making sense, however the need for ELC makes you wonder if Dumba would be better to put in that place over Addison for cap reasons. I dont dislike Miller as an addition to improve the team. i just dont know that he is enough to propel is into a contender and after next year can we even afford him?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
What is with Ranger fans beging to move Ryan Strome? Even if you say it's because he's a rental, good teams generally don't sell and so far the Rangers have been pretty good they look like buyers so far.

"Issue is we can't afford him long term, as all good now but need cap $ for Fox extension, + LaF + Kakko extensions."

If as favorite son he re-ups 5, 5.25 per x 4 which is cheap
TOR should grab now and flip Kefoot

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
"Issue is we can't afford him long term, as all good now but need cap $ for Fox extension, + LaF + Kakko extensions."

If as favorite son he re-ups 5, 5.25 per x 4 which is cheap
TOR should grab now and flip Kefoot

Still though good teams generally don't sell their UFA's.

If the Rangers were to fall off I'd be in on Ryan Strome but right now the Rangers are pretty good.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Still though good teams generally don't sell their UFA's.

If the Rangers were to fall off I'd be in on Ryan Strome but right now the Rangers are pretty good.

Rangers are better off realizing since there is zero chance they can keep Strome given need for $$ for Fox, he is more valuable the faster he is dealt b'c that means acquiring club enjoys more term = more production this season.

That aside, Rangers best interest are to shed surplus and give max mins to the real core.
Sell Strome/+ for pick(s) = no salary added for next yr.

Bring up Barron

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad