Proposal: Greenway for your center

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Not everyone has a completely barren prospect pool like the Sharks. Some teams top prospect+fifth best prospect are much, much better than others.

I trust you'll be as eager to trade Eklund+Bordeleau for a rental in a few months if you're still in the playoff hunt.
How about for an injured Eichel? If that's all there is with him(negatives) then I'd do that. That has DW's finger prints all over it. Still don't see us as serious contenders.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Not everyone has a completely barren prospect pool like the Sharks. Some teams top prospect+fifth best prospect are much, much better than others.

I trust you'll be as eager to trade Eklund+Bordeleau for a rental in a few months if you're still in the playoff hunt.
Of course not, but Boldy and Lambos arent even close to Eklund and Bordeleau. If you said Rossi and Boldy id be inclined to agree thats a ridiculous ask, but that wasnt.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Alrighty then, call me up when Boldy is a first line PPG producer in the NHL. I like him a lot but hes not at the same tier as Eklund.

My rating would go
Eklund>Rossi>>>Boldy>Bordeleau>>>Lambos

I'm sorry, is that what you think Eklund is?

I don't give a damn about your rating. You've already demonstrated in this thread your opinions are worthless to anyone that isn't a Sharks fan.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Those two secondary assists on the PP and one secondary assist in garbage time against three god awful teams and the -3 in six games really screams top line point per game producer :laugh:

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Alrighty then, call me up when Boldy is a first line PPG producer in the NHL. I like him a lot but hes not at the same tier as Eklund.

My rating would go
Eklund>Rossi>>>Boldy>Bordeleau>>>Lambos
3 points in 6 games isn't a PPG, slappy. And if Evander Kane wasn't such a bonehead, I doubt Eklund is even on the Sharks.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
imagine making a post about trading greenway, and then spending 3-4 pages arguing hertls value (in a trade proposed not involving greenway) when he was never asked for.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
imagine making a post about trading greenway, and then spending 3-4 pages arguing hertls value (in a trade proposed not involving greenway) when he was never asked for.
Post #90
great post. The only guy who makes a bit of sense is Monahan. Unlike Schmaltz, he is only signed for the short term, so if his poor play continues he won't hamper the team going forward....maybe a guy like Hertl at the TDL if SJ is out of it

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta

I wouldn’t mind Bordeleau

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
I'm sorry, is that what you think Eklund is?

I don't give a damn about your rating. You've already demonstrated in this thread your opinions are worthless to anyone that isn't a Sharks fan.
Id say the same for you, clearly overrating your own guys. I think Eklund has a chance at it. Does that mean he will be for sure? Of course not but he has the potential to really be a star in the league.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Jesus why does everyone think I meant right now. Of course the 19 year old isnt a PPG first liner, but hes got a real chance at that in the future.

Okay, call us up if that happens

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Not sure this is a fit given high prices LA wants, but maybe enough 2nd tier asset value to work. Maybe. This is spitballin and not fully reviewed....

3 way:

Rangers send both KAM and Lindgren home to MIN
along with Strome max retained 50%
for Rossi + a 1st + a 2nd

MIN then moves Brodin, goligoski + possibly Greenway to LA
for pivot help

LAK get instead stopgap on Golgo + Brodin is good add LD

as a result of this^
MIN
- while Strome is immediately useful at pivot, he may have to be dealt later if not extended, but at 50% retained rental will certainly fetch a 1st
- Wild add one or more useful pivots even if not highest top level pivots
- rejuventate their LD with 2 young guys on cheap $

LA
gets immediate LD help and thins its pivot surplus without moving highest tier guys

NY
wince at the LD sacrifice but adds young top 10 prospect soon to compete, also immediately make room for Reunanen + Hajek to play, and once showcased they are dealt while promoting Jones and Robertson. Tinordi can lose some rust and get in a few games.
Add a pick
Moving Strome = spot for Krav on the varsity roster, which is beginning of a solution to this problem

thoughts?

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Not sure this is a fit given high prices LA wants, but maybe enough 2nd tier asset value to work. Maybe. This is spitballin and not fully reviewed....

3 way:

Rangers send both KAM and Lindgren home to MIN
along with Strome max retained 50%
for Rossi + a 1st + a 2nd

MIN then moves Brodin, goligoski + possibly Greenway to LA
for pivot help

LAK get instead stopgap on Golgo + Brodin is good add LD

as a result of this^
MIN
- while Strome is immediately useful at pivot, he may have to be dealt later if not extended, but at 50% retained rental will certainly fetch a 1st
- Wild add one or more useful pivots even if not highest top level pivots
- rejuventate their LD with 2 young guys on cheap $

LA
gets immediate LD help and thins its pivot surplus without moving highest tier guys

NY
wince at the LD sacrifice but adds young top 10 prospect soon to compete, also immediately make room for Reunanen + Hajek to play, and once showcased they are dealt while promoting Jones and Robertson. Tinordi can lose some rust and get in a few games.
Add a pick
Moving Strome = spot for Krav on the varsity roster, which is beginning of a solution to this problem

thoughts?
That this is a nuclear option that literally no parties involved would want.

Reactions: Guitpik

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
thought going young + cheap on LD would be enticing enuf, no?
Setting aside that Brodin's NMC probably kills this in the cradle, the Wild already have a good stockpile of defensive prospects to feed onto the team over the next few years. In terms of contract, age and ability, Brodin's an ideal player to have while prospects like Addison, Lambos, O'Rourke, Hunt, etc. push toward the NHL and top-4 minutes. Swapping in Miller and Lindgren mostly just derails that for little benefit, especially since the chances of us prying a better center than Rossi away from LA is low to begin with.

Reactions: Guitpik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad