Proposal: Greenway for your center

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Next year where's room for nick @ C? Or maybe as soon end of this year?

Note: you can't take risk that you acquire a c that will make Marat Khusnutdinov think about not coming

Joel Eriksson Ek/ Rossi
Rossi/ Joel Eriksson Ek
Nico sturm / Ryan Hartman
Nico sturm / nick bjustad

Coming up
Marat Khusnutdinov
Damian G
Alexander khovanov

Free agent
Tomas h

bolded are ufas and may not be returning.

giroux is probably a ahl lifer as is khovanov

hartman is a winger

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I'd guess you could get a decent 3C for Greenway, L2/3 winger for L3 C.

Alex Kerfoot

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
no add beyond what I stated:
expiring Strome fully retained 4.5 -> 2.25
+ NYR + WPG 2022 4ths
+ Hajek

for

Greenway
+ ANY 2 of 2022, 2023 or 2024 MIN 3rds

or, I'll do Strome at half for Greenway if you also do my two 4ths this year + Hajek for any 2 of your next three 3rds.

trust that was clear...
What makes you think anyone values Hajek as anything other than a guy who will be on waivers at some point?

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
But if coaching staff stats, they see Hartman as a c right? I think Nico and bjustad return for cheap

No, he isn't.

hartman is a winger that has found himself playing center out of necessity due to lack of good centers on this team, thinking he is anything but is just flat wrong.

Im not saying hes bad, or that he cant play decent in that position, its just not his position.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
No. Minnesota wouldn't want a player like kadri. Dirty player, and a cancer on any team. Plus he's way way too expensive

Didn’t the Wild employe Matt Cooke? I don’t think it gets any dirtier than that. As for Kadri being a locker room cancer, can’t say I’ve ever heard that and same goes with him being expensive.

Reactions: McJedi

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Arizona can offer Nick Schmaltz. I think the Coyotes would need to add given the cap hits.
Wild can't afford his 6M cap hit for the next 5 years. The only cap dump they have is Rask, and his 4M is expiring this year.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Do you have any names in mind? I am having a hard time seeing a team trade away a legit top 6 C for Greenway as the main piece. At this point Greenway produces like a 3rd line winger. He isn't a great goal scorer (averaging just over 10 goals per 82 games over his career), he doesn't get much PP or PK time. Plays under 15 minutes a night. Greenway is big and would be a good winger on any team, but a top 6 C is the most sought after position in hockey (similar premium for RHD to be fair). I know you said Greenway plus, but without a better understanding of the + it is difficult as well.

The cost for a top 6 C has sort of been set with Reinhart getting a 1st, prospect (needing a new contract and wanting out of Buffalo which both reduce his return) and Dvorak for a 1st and 2nd.

Potentially available C's (I don't know if they are available, just 100% speculation)

Seguin - too much cap hit for the Wild over the next 4 years
R. Strome - probably similar cost to Dvorak not sure the Rangers want another winger (Greenway), they just traded a better winger in Buch because of their depth at this position.
Trocheck - Carolina is in win now, but if one of Necas/Kotkaniemi are ready to make the jump to full time top 6 C or if one of their prospects Drury/Suzuki can take on a more prominent role than maybe there is a match there.
Kadri - although the Avs would want an upgrade at C I would assume
Stastny - not sure if he checks the boxes and he seems to like the Peg so maybe - maybe not
Schmaltz - Seems to have fallen out of favor amongst Zona fans, doesn't appear to have developed the way the Coyotes were hoping when they traded for him.
Giroux - heard that he might not re-sign in Philly on a sports radio show - no idea if true, just trying to cover my bases.
Monahan - He is the Flames whipping boy for now, might be available
Hertl - Will be expensive to trade for and re-sign, but potentially available
Eichel - See Hertl and multiply by 2 - twice as expensive to trade for and a lot more cap hit.

There's probably more but that is a start. Monahan and Schmaltz might be the closest to checking all the boxes for the Wild.
great post. The only guy who makes a bit of sense is Monahan. Unlike Schmaltz, he is only signed for the short term, so if his poor play continues he won't hamper the team going forward....maybe a guy like Hertl at the TDL if SJ is out of it.

I think the only play for MN is to trade for a potential top 6 C. Greenway's low cap hit makes it a possibility. Trading for a bottom six C makes no snese. MN is swimming in them with Sturm, Gaudreau, Rask, Bjugstad, Hartman....you could argue that JEE is really an elite #3C. What they need is an offensively talented C or C prospect with a contract that isn't a problem going forward. Trochek would've been the play a couple of years ago, but that ship has sailed.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
great post. The only guy who makes a bit of sense is Monahan. Unlike Schmaltz, he is only signed for the short term, so if his poor play continues he won't hamper the team going forward....maybe a guy like Hertl at the TDL if SJ is out of it.

I think the only play for MN is to trade for a potential top 6 C. Greenway's low cap hit makes it a possibility. Trading for a bottom six C makes no snese. MN is swimming in them with Sturm, Gaudreau, Rask, Bjugstad, Hartman....you could argue that JEE is really an elite #3C. What they need is an offensively talented C or C prospect with a contract that isn't a problem going forward. Trochek would've been the play a couple of years ago, but that ship has sailed.
No to Greenway to the Sharks for Hertl.
Boldy & Lambos

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Youre dreaming if you think youll get 2 of our top 4 prospects for a rental.

Youre also dreaming if you think youll be able to trade hertl at the deadline without taking significant cap back.
I stayed out of this thread until Hertl's name came up. No way a bottom 6 winger is the center piece for acquiring a 1c.
Been here foe years and there's nothing more futile on this board than discussing a trade for a center with Wild fans. Not that this board isn't all about futile

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Youre dreaming if you think youll get 2 of our top 4 prospects for a rental.

Youre also dreaming if you think youll be able to trade hertl at the deadline without taking significant cap back.
Rental's don't usually require much cap going back the other way since team's usually accumulate ample space by then.

Shooting for Boldy + Lambos for a guy that'll be accepting bids from Minnesota "and half the other teams. Which includes his present team" is definitely dreaming, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad