Post-Game Talk: Goalie Bobbed in Game 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Choked Out.

A real solid road game. Unfortunate top guys, McDavid, Draisaitl, Bouchard and Ekholm all weren't good enough for Oilers. Beaten in the special teams with opportunity lost on their PP. Needed Skinner to make a save on that first goal but second was a brutal breakdown with Nurse wander and slow Kane back check.

Broberg maybe the best d-man tonight. Good for Bro but not necessarily this team. Nurse and Ceci need to be better. Elite goaltender was the difference. Panther team d shut down the Oilers top players.

Lots of positives overall for this game. It was never going to be easy.
Broberg looked great tonight. Biggest positive.. watch him get scratched for Desharnais next game

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
Didn’t love the wingers effort on either GA. Hyman and Kane both could’ve supported the D more. No idea what Nurse was doing on that 2nd one though

I thought Hyman really struggled all night.

Broberg was fantastic on break outs again, I don’t see him coming out of the lineup ever again

millax

Dec 24, 2005
Nurse and Ceci cost is two goals against.

The rest of the team lost their goal scoring mojo. Trying to force pucks through Bob's pads.

Oilers88

Jun 19, 2011
1717902880692.png

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Well...Mr $9.25M standing around watching the Panthers score was the clinching moment IMO.
Inexcusable.
At least Ceci was trying on his error....just made the wrong read.
Nurse was just standing there in no mans land...covering no one in particular...just watching the play....as he has done oh so often.
Idiot.
Other players werent at their best either.

Anyway they lost game 1 in Vancouver as well and that was a game they should have won.
They still won that series.
This series isnt over by a long shot.

It was hilarious how Simpson was saying how Nurse admitting it was his fault = leadership

Like come on, guy does that every f***ing game. Leadershit is more like it

Reactions: Balakay14 and K1984

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Even the US feed said that they've been on for 4GF and 12GA these playoffs. When the US feed points something out it has to be obvious AF.

And not even bad luck. They have looked like fools on most of them the last 2 playoffs. Miracle we have got this far with those 2 playing together any amount of time.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Didn’t love the wingers effort on either GA. Hyman and Kane both could’ve supported the D more. No idea what Nurse was doing on that 2nd one though

I thought Hyman really struggled all night.

Broberg was fantastic on break outs again, I don’t see him coming out of the lineup ever again
It’s the all too common nurse “cover no one” play

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It was hilarious how Simpson was saying how Nurse admitting it was his fault = leadership

Like come on, guy does that every f***ing game. Leadershit is more like it
I missed that.
I went to the fridge for a beer in disgust...lol

Hilarious that he said that.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Thing is they were fine last series. What reason was there to reunite them?

Nurse let kulak do most of the work with the puck and kulak could read plays. And same with Ceci depending on Broberg. Put them back together and we just multiply their ineptness again. Just a crazy decision

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad