Post-Game Talk: Goalie Bobbed in Game 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hemsky4pm2

Dec 2, 2017
I would like to see Nurse Broberg and Kulak Desharnais for the next game. I also want Perry out, Carrick in and Henrique in the top 6.

Henrique McDavid Hyman
RNH Drai Holloway
Janmark McLeod Brown
Kane Carrick Foegele

Last edited:

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
19/F/Montana

when was this lol... 2022? what's the story here
Tabloid garbage happened:

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
In 1985 the Oilers lost game 1 4-1 on the road to a star goalie (Pelle Lindbergh), but then went on to take the next four.

Granted, Lindbergh did eventually get hurt in that series. Maybe someone needs to run Bob and just call it karma for 2006 when Roli got hurt.

• Haha
Reactions: M Ace

M Ace

Apr 12, 2010
Orebro, Sweden
In 1985 the Oilers lost game 1 4-1 on the road to a star goalie (Pelle Lindbergh), but then went on to take the next four.

Granted, Lindbergh did eventually get hurt in that series. Maybe someone needs to run Bob and just call it karma for 2006 when Roli got hurt.
Zack Kassian where are you...???

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
Here is the after game interview where he glosses over it.

Quote:
"He wins the puck race and it goes through my wickets."

Thats not owning up to anything. I guess its possible that he is really that daft and he doesnt understand what actually happened out there. He doesnt understand what his responsibility was.
That might explain why he never seems to learn from his colossol mistakes.

I didnt see that shot. I was off to the fridge in disgust to get another beer.
I was refering to the after game interview where he said that "he won the race for the puck and it went through my wickets."

I don't think Nurse is going to give the media anything to be honest. There is a camera shot of him on the bench where he outright admits it was his fault.

Accountability to his teammates much more important than accountability to the media who are just drooling at the idea of him admitting a mistake like this so they can use it against him.

He's brutal don't get me wrong, can't stand how badly the guy is playing, particularly because we've seen how good he can be in small stretches in the past. He's picked a horrible time to play like shit. But, he owned up to it on the bench,

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023

100% run him take the penalty and kill it. Messier did this in 1990 to Chicago.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I would like to see Nurse Broberg and Kulak Desharnais for the next game. I also want Perry out, Carrick in and Henrique in the top 6.

Henrique McDavid Hyman
RNH Drai Holloway
Janmark McLeod Brown
Kane Carrick Foegele
I like CArrick as well
Im curious if we will see Kane tonight. Im thinking his injury is bad . Its a big loss

Reactions: Oilslick941611

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Broberg about to pay the price for how useless Nurse and Ceci have been. Unless Knob has the balls to scratch one of them
There's no fn chance they scratch Borberg, he was arguably their best Dman in Game 1 and no worse than 3rd or 4th best in the previous few.

Kaniac

Sep 11, 2018

Henrique McDavid Hyman
RNH Drai Holloway
Janmark McLeod Brown
Kane Carrick Foegele
I don't think McLeod can handle center duties. He's much more effective as a winger. We really should have pushed for a pure sniper at the deadline.

Perry has been invisible, is Gagner any worse at this point? I feel like with his passion he could make more of a difference than Perry. Gagner still has some silky smooth mitts.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
So the Panthers look like they are staying at a hotel and not at home. Meanwhile Edmonton looks like they brought some significant others and distractions
I don't like the sound of that. If they're serious about winning, the Oilers should actually stay in a hotel when they're home and definitely nobody should be tagging along on the road. No contact with significant others (other than phone or video chat) until the series is done. The Panthers sound serious and we seem immature.

• Haha
Reactions: TB12

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
I don't think McLeod can handle center duties. He's much more effective as a winger. We really should have pushed for a pure sniper at the deadline.

Perry has been invisible, is Gagner any worse at this point? I feel like with his passion he could make more of a difference than Perry. Gagner still has some silky smooth mitts.
I think Gagner's best shot is to draw in for game 3 or 4 at home if we're still trailing.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I don't think Nurse is going to give the media anything to be honest. There is a camera shot of him on the bench where he outright admits it was his fault.

Accountability to his teammates much more important than accountability to the media who are just drooling at the idea of him admitting a mistake like this so they can use it against him.

He's brutal don't get me wrong, can't stand how badly the guy is playing, particularly because we've seen how good he can be in small stretches in the past. He's picked a horrible time to play like shit. But, he owned up to it on the bench,
Thats a fair take.
I didnt see the camera shot on the bench....just the media interview.
If he could just put together 6 games fo consistantly good work it would make a major difference to the team.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Also apparently not a Slash. Not a penalty nor a penalty shot. I mean the Ref is only staring DIRECTLY at it:
Its pretty clear that Maurice is coaching his players to do this with full knowledge that the refs (if they call anything) will not call most of these blatent penalties.

The sad part is that there really isnt anything the Oilers can do about this.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Its pretty clear that Maurice is coaching his players to do this with full knowledge that the refs (if they call anything) will not call most of these blatent penalties.

The sad part is that there really isnt anything the Oilers can do about this.
Truth. The only thing I can think of is fight fire with fire. If the standard is going to be so high to constitute a penalty, just slash right back at them.

Although with the Leagues stupidity a standard can never be relied upon. It’ll be a balancing act trying to read the refs mind on any particular night.

Reactions: guymez and TB12

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Truth. The only thing I can think of is fight fire with fire. If the standard is going to be so high to constitute a penalty, just slash right back at them.

Although with the Leagues stupidity a standard can never be relied upon. It’ll be a balancing act trying to read the refs mind on any particular night.

It's Rooney tonight, and I've found he's been more or less terrible the whole playoffs with inconsistency of calls being the highlight.

Kozari, as much as I hate him, hasn't been all that bad in the playoffs so far IMO. Thinking back to all the games of ours he's called this playoff, I think Rooney has done a shit job in pretty much all of them. Game 3 against the Kings was a low light when it seemed to take him 20 mins to figure out what call he was making after every whistle as the game started to spiral out of control.

Reactions: TB12

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
It's Rooney tonight, and I've found he's been more or less terrible the whole playoffs with inconsistency of calls being the highlight.

Kozari, as much as I hate him, hasn't been all that bad in the playoffs so far IMO. Thinking back to all the games of ours he's called this playoff, I think Rooney has done a shit job in pretty much all of them. Game 3 against the Kings was a low light when it seemed to take him 20 mins to figure out what call he was making after every whistle as the game started to spiral out of control.
Rooney screwed us for sure in the first game he reffed for his Nucks. Second game i seem to remember his putting away the whistles and being mostly fine.

Yeh I think Kozari has been mostly fine too.

Reactions: K1984

RMF5630

Jun 13, 2022
Nucks cheapshotted us a lot in that series. We don't have an enforcer if thats what you're wondering. it didn't deter the Oil, and we play physical hockey, hitting, puck battle as well as anybody and dominated last night, but we don't have fighters. Kane is injured. Nurse doesn't fight anymore, Desharnais is useless and not even in lineup. Kane does at least nail opponents through the boards if they take liberties.

We've run Tkachuks show so many times he doesn't even matter. The Oilers are used to destroying him from his Calgary times and predictably Tkachuk was a big nothing last night.

Kulikov? Is he a thug now? Was not that when we had him.

The issue in game one wasn't physicality at all. Did you see Drai lay Bennett out with a reverse hit? Bennett frustrated came back with a penalty. Oilers should've punished that. All of McD, Drai, Hyman, Bouchard, Ekholm are tough as rocks.

This isnt Rangers Florida are playing. Our core guys are strong and can take anything.
Glad to hear it. Maurice will not stop the "Rat shit" until it bites him. I saw the shot on McGregor, really hope he and Draisaitl turn it on. You guys had some bad luck. Loved McGregor's quote on the Hockey God's. Need to sacrifice some Rat to the Hockey Gods...

Kulikov cheap shotted the Lightning pretty blatantly on a young kid. He also had one in the Playoff, so we hold him in a special place of dislike... It may have just been a visible one and the news grabbed hold.

A lot of bad blood between FL and TB.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad