GDT: Preseason Game 4: Devils @ Islanders - 7 P.M. - MSGSN, MSG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
Meh, it's pre-season. If they start the season 0-3 with 2 losses to Ruff and 1 to Toronto at the home opener and then I'll get the fire Fitz bandwagon warmed up for everyone.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
0-4

fail-like-this-epic-fail.gif

Whaddagoal

The Sheldon Keefe Era Begins
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Couldn't watch the game but oh boy the doom and gloom already set in on the forum for those that always tend to be in that mindset.

I'm still chalking this up to preseason.

Realistically, I don't expect a team in preseason to be trying to claw back and come back from a 3-4 goal deficit. No matter the platitudes about playing the right way.

"Let's be reality " - No core player in their right mind is going to risk going all out physically in a preseason effort to claw back such a hill in an otherwise meaningless outcome for exhibition.

Maybe the guys looking for jobs, sure, but not the core.

The concerns maybe about Nemec are potentially real. He also was injured recently. Haula was half dead just a week ago. So I don't wanna hear about the 3rd line. Noesen is new again. Bastian could be replaced but we already knew that from last season. Nothing has changed there. He is the easiest target, but at the same time would it really be worth it?

Last edited:

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
First two goals were on the defense. After that I shut the game off and did some reading. They looked awful. It’s only preseason, but if they continue to play this way, it’s going to be a long season.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I'm not worried about these preseason games af all. But what does make me a bit concerned is this opening to the season. I get it, going to playing overseas is really cool and a great experience but man, it also feels so inconvenient.

For a team that has struggled in preseason so far, has injuries to key players, a new coach, and high expectations, not having the full run of preseason to prep plus having an awkward schedule to start the year sounds like a recipe for a slow start.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
I'm not worried about these preseason games af all. But what does make me a bit concerned is this opening to the season. I get it, going to playing overseas is really cool and a great experience but man, it also feels so inconvenient.

For a team that has struggled in preseason so far, has injuries to key players, a new coach, and high expectations, not having the full run of preseason to prep plus having an awkward schedule to start the year sounds like a recipe for a slow start.

I’m kind of getting flashbacks to the 07-08 season when Sutter was in his first year and we had to start with a lengthy road trip as they finished building the Rock. I think we started that season out slow but picked up with a lengthy win streak in mid-November.

I could easily see something similar taking place here.

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
Isles should've scored in the first 13 seconds after a couple passes they had a huge scoring chance. Very sloppy game, they don't look ready at all.

sucks that we have so few preseason games, this team could use one or two more with a NHL ready lineup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad