Post-Game Talk: Goalie Bobbed in Game 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Foegele and 1 of Nurse or Ceci out. Give me Carrick in a series like this, he'll go hard to the net looking for deflections and rebounds while Foegele tries to play like a fancy Dan. Desharnais needs to come in. The only question is which or Nurse and Ceci do we sit? Ceci is my guess.
Nurse won’t sit. Both goals were products of Ceci being straight up incompetent

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Foegele and 1 of Nurse or Ceci out. Give me Carrick in a series like this, he'll go hard to the net looking for deflections and rebounds while Foegele tries to play like a fancy Dan. Desharnais needs to come in. The only question is which or Nurse and Ceci do we sit? Ceci is my guess.

We literally have no functional line 3

Foegele McLeod Perry

Or a 2nd pairing

Nurse Ceci

🤦‍♂️

Oilking83

Jan 14, 2009
Oil Country
The boys played a great game, we were bound to get goalied a couple times this series. The rust definitely showed on our finish

The first 40 was pretty dominant, the third we didn’t get many great looks but even though we lost I found this game encouraging
No doubt Bob played well but you have to think the panthers up their game going forward as well. This is a missed opportunity.

Balakay14

Sep 17, 2019
Well that was a brutal loss to take. Losing a game like that makes it hard to win the cup as I don't see every game in this series being that lopsided.

Usual suspects strike again tonight, Nurse-Ceci were terrible and both goals were off of horrible reads, not extended zone time, not dominating pressure, just f***ing terrible reads by both players.

Both goals were high quality chances but would have been nice for Skinner to stop one of them, especially with how Bob was playing.

Knob deserves blame on this loss too, putting Nurse and Ceci back together was a moronic, firing-worthy decision. If he plays them together again for game 2 this series is over, and all my praise of him is gone. For someone who's made every right possible decision these playoffs, just asinine to run them back together.

Broberg was excellent I thought, needs to be in the NHL full-time moving forward. Also hilarious how he already looks better than Nurse by a significant degree.

Sucks to already be in must-win territory going into game 2, but they can't go back home down 2-0.

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
This is why it's a series.

Feeling really good that they couldn't hinder our speed at all. That was Oilers hockey all the way, even the mistakes. Florida did not impose their identity on the game imo

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
This one’s on KK.

When he played the Stack line for the entire 3rd our shots and o zone time declined. It doesn’t work against top comp. You HAVE to separate 29 and 97 except for post PK. 25 and 5 don’t work by any metric. 71 and 39 are a waste of time.

When the coach outcoaches himself it stings.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Ceci and Nurse are two of the shittiest defenders in the NHL, full stop. Together, it's like giving the opposing team at least a goal a game in the playoffs. Un f***ing believable they put those two back together, and stuck with them. Atrocious pairing, with those two directly, fully responsible in their own separate ways for both goals. f*** both of those assholes, At minimum one should be scratched and the other offloaded in the off-season because he isn't worth a $6 million contract, never mind a f***ing staggering $9.25 million a year. Together, they are the trainwreck we've all seen and they should never, ever be paired up again.

Draisaitl and Bouchard were frankly pretty awful as well, though it didn't cost goals those two made multiple low percentage pass attempts that resulted in turnovers and some high danger chances. McDavid, while working his ass off, also had his share of brain fart pass choices.

Their goalie played great. We were completely sewered by two assholes on D, who together worked their moronic defensive magic to cost two f***ing goals. Bravo, you two f***ing geniuses. They actually outplayed them for portions and had some good work but couldn't piss a drop offensively. Hyman, Kane, Nuge, all lost puck battles and / or races, and the third line didn't contribute a f***ing thing, surprise surprise.

Skinner could have had one, but the blame lies directly with the two complete f***ups who absolutely wrecked it in the early going.

On to the next.. be f***ing better, Ceci. Nurse can't be better, he's literally a second pairing guy getting a top tier pay packet.

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
Nurse won’t sit. Both goals were products of Ceci being straight up incompetent
Disagree. The second one was all nurse. 2 oilers behind the net alresdy with the one panther and where does Nurse go? Behind the net

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240608_205712_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240608_205712_Samsung Internet.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 1

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Hopefully the media jumps down Darnell’s throat again so he can stop playing like a f***ing jackass.

Reactions: frag2

Jay Harris

Feb 24, 2020
Oilers could have easily won this game ... Fla goalie won this game.
It doesn't feel like Florida is better at all.
Pretty good road game .... I predict a game 2 Victory.
Must say I'm impressed with Broberg .... Size, skating, passing, poise ... He's going to be good.
Kane has a real chance to make his mark in this series .. I hope he does.
Bouchard needs to shoot more.
Hyman needs to do what he does, get dirty.
Skinner simply cannot give up early goals ... It deflating and sets the team back immediately.
I would take Macleod out again for Carrick.
Split upn Nurse and Ceci as well.

Not that down about this loss ... Oil got this!

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
We literally have no functional line 3

Foegele McLeod Perry

Or a 2nd pairing

Nurse Ceci

🤦‍♂️
I think they should try to spread the firepower a bit and give Henrique some guys to play with on line 3.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Cannot blame Skinner. This one’s on KK.

When he played the Stack line for the entire 3rd our shots and o zone time declined. It doesn’t work against top comp. You HAVE to separate 29 and 97 except for post PK. 25 and 5 don’t work by any metric. 71 and 39 are a waste of time.

When the coach outcoaches himself it stings.

It's only one game, and I have confidence in Drai as a player, but he didn't match up well against Barkov.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
I feel the coach lost us the game really.. He totally botched the lineup. Every scout and fan knew that Nurse and Ceci is a Bukakki of chances against. He played Foegele and he sucked hardcore. Why not play the setup that literally won us the series VS Dallas!? Why?

It's not just that. After the 2nd period and after the Oilers literally dominated the play despite the score... Knob put the forwards into a blender meanwhile keeping the Bane of success together, Nurse and Ceci. It's incredibly messed up.

Anyhow. Overall, the Oil deserved better. Hopefully we get the split.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Great game by Bobrosky but I can't say he made any ten bell saves. The Oil skated the puck into his pads and shot it at his crest all night long.

Going to need to pay the price to get goals in this series.

tempest186

Jan 5, 2006
Bob played well for sure but hardly looked invincible. Count the wide open misses. Rust, nerves, whatever but the chances were certainly there.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Good lord, Bobrovsky played good, but Florida played exactly as well a they needed to when we spotted them 2 goals with idiot defensive pairings. The Oilers did this to other teams, including a week ago. Oilers need to find the next level. This wasn't close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad