Post-Game Talk: Goalie Bobbed in Game 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
PK continues to be phenomenal.

Overall defense was very solid... limited the Panthers to 18 shots which is 7 fewer than the Panthers previous lowest shot total in these playoffs.

Oilers were 72-42 in shot attempts... clearly the stronger team when pushing offensively.

I think it bodes well for the rest of this series that the Oilers clearly look better overall.

Oilers PP came up cold and Bobrovsky came up hot and that was pretty much the game right there.

A split is still very possible and going back to Edmonton making this a best of 5 series is what I think we all would have been happy with... now the Oilers just have to make that happen in game 2 by beating Bobrovsky.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Oilers could have easily won this game ... Fla goalie won this game.
It doesn't feel like Florida is better at all.
Pretty good road game .... I predict a game 2 Victory.
Must say I'm impressed with Broberg .... Size, skating, passing, poise ... He's going to be good.
Kane has a real chance to make his mark in this series .. I hope he does.
Bouchard needs to shoot more.
Hyman needs to do what he does, get dirty.
Skinner simply cannot give up early goals ... It deflating and sets the team back immediately.
I would take Macleod out again for Carrick.
Split upn Nurse and Ceci as well.

Not that down about this loss ... Oil got this!
That Broberg stretch pass to send in brown was art.

Reactions: Oilhawks

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Did somebody smoke knob in the head this week with something?

We know what we have but too bad Skinner couldn't make a big save on those 2

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Ceci was garbage. Still dont understand why Nurse and Ceci are playing together.

Bob played great.

We were largely the better team and look much faster than Florida.

Better come out flying in game 2. This loss sucks.
The Suck Squad.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
It's only one game, and I have confidence in Drai as a player, but he didn't match up well against Barkov.

Oh I fully expected we’d easily lose Game 1 and am mildly surprised we held the bulk of play however KK went away from what worked in the 3rd offensively.

I said Oilers in 5 in a Gentleman’s Sweep and we are winning the next 4.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Choked Out.

A real solid road game. Unfortunate top guys, McDavid, Draisaitl, Bouchard and Ekholm all weren't good enough for Oilers. Beaten in the special teams with opportunity lost on their PP. Needed Skinner to make a save on that first goal but second was a brutal breakdown with Nurse wander and slow Kane back check.

Broberg maybe the best d-man tonight. Good for Bro but not necessarily this team. Nurse and Ceci need to be better. Elite goaltender was the difference. Panther team d shut down the Oilers top players.

Lots of positives overall for this game. It was never going to be easy.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
If Carrick doesn't play next game I am starting fire Knob thread.

Perry, Brown, McLeod, Foegele a whole lot of nothing. The 4 combined for 2hits.

Reactions: AlbOilFAN

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Well...Mr $9.25M standing around watching the Panthers score was the clinching moment IMO.
Inexcusable.
At least Ceci was trying on his error....just made the wrong read.
Nurse was just standing there in no mans land...covering no one in particular...just watching the play....as he has done oh so often.
Idiot.
Other players werent at their best either.

Anyway they lost game 1 in Vancouver as well and that was a game they should have won.
They still won that series.
This series isnt over by a long shot.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I watched the game. This goalie has won series by himself... this whole don't worry it won't happen again is foolish.
Much of Bob series wins is cause of the Cats playing their game. If the Cats can’t get to their game, and Oilers can. The smarter bet is an Oilers win.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
This one’s on KK.

When he played the Stack line for the entire 3rd our shots and o zone time declined. It doesn’t work against top comp. You HAVE to separate 29 and 97 except for post PK. 25 and 5 don’t work by any metric. 71 and 39 are a waste of time.

When the coach outcoaches himself it stings.

On the bright side - this game makes your gentleman sweep prediction look pretty plausible.

We beat ourselves tonight, if we clean it up easy to see us bouncing back. All Florida really had was what we gave them.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Incredibly disappointing. That's a game that we should've won. Bob played well but our lack of finishing ability was embarrassing. Henrique gets stopped on a breakaway then RNH tries the exact same move.

Skinner letting in the 1st shot of the game has to stop. Nurse and Kulak need to be reunited... what an idiotic decision to break up that pairing after they played 3 great games in a row.

Game 2 is now a must win. If we play like we did tonight, there's no doubt we're heading back to Edmonton tied up but now the margin of error is non-existent.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
“We have our looks. Just gotta go out there and execute. That’s why we play a seven game series” - Hyman

Reactions: TB12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad