Post-Game Talk: Goalie Bobbed in Game 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Depends, do we count the hits Mcleod bailed on and poked his stick at?
Mcleod bails on nearly every f***ing hit coming his way. Just watch next time. He'll flick it in or do a no look weakling dump because he isn't willing to pay any price to make a play. How the f*** do you win with clowns like that in the line up?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The 2nd goal was Nurse all day.
I have no idea wft he was doing.

Its like he is the real life version of Walter Mitty. He just zones out.
Primary blame yeh. But not all of it. Like why is the shooter left so wide open? A Oilers forward missed his assignment.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Monumentally stupid to put Nurse and Ceci together and expect different results. Skinner simply can’t let in 2 goals on the first 5 shots. The first shot of the game and first shot of the second period. Goalies under Schwartz suffer from this problem
I get that but those were both grade A's because of a complete bed shitting defensively. Stu wasn't as good as Bob, but he wasn't the reason that we lost this game.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
I wonder if he's injured? He was at least chippy in the regular season. I wonder if he got hurt in the YVR series?
It's the final. If he's injured, don't put the f***ing guy in the line up. You don't have any runway to ramp up and test things, you don't have any margin for error here. This might be the last time they get to the finals. Take him out because whatever the reason is, he hasn't contributed a damn thing on the ice.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
We are trying to win a cup, Nurse and Ceci are not going to be in the top 10 reasons that we win the cup, but they are definitely going to be top 3 reasons as to why we wouldn't win the cup if this continues.
Im with you.
One thing Knobby could do is play 7 dmen in game 2. That would give him an opportunity to mix up the pairings a bit.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Media needs to do it to Knob who insists on a losing combination of nurse ceci.

This times 10,000,000,000.

KK f***ed up big time. It’s been proven by any and all metrics including the eye test that this pair is toxic and suffers fatal brain shut downs at inopportune times.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.

This applies to running the stack line against top competition teams. It lessens overall opportunities and takes players out of games. In this case he took 13 19 28 out and doubled down on the useless Foegele and” I got eggs in my shoulder pads” McLoed and Perry who simply doesn’t work with the aforementioned useless players.

Reactions: K1984 and T-Funk

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Disagree. The second one was all nurse. 2 oilers behind the net alresdy with the one panther and where does Nurse go? Behind the net
Second one was all Ceci losing a puck race that a sloth could have won, then lost the puck battle.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Bobbery.

Says it all.

Barkov, Bennett, Bobo. For the Panthers thats all it was.

Oilers better team but lost and our top guys didn't finish.

Panthers had the benefit of being here before and Oilers looked nervous finishing.

That said we've had trouble scoring EV for a longwhile. Lots of PP goals against Dallas disguised that.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Come in with Lavoie-Carrick-Gagner/Erne in place of Foegele-McLeod-Perry. Would we even notice a difference?

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Mcleod bails on nearly every f***ing hit coming his way. Just watch next time. He'll flick it in or do a no look weakling dump because he isn't willing to pay any price to make a play. How the f*** do you win with clowns like that in the line up?
I’m a McLeod downer but I actually thought he looked ok tonight?

Was I blind?

Reactions: ujju2

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Or in knobs case right all the time. And if we could have scored 2 goals like we usually do, he would have been right again.
I meant more nurse and ceci just bad always no matter even if they look to be trending up.

The pair is a broken clock

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Im with you.
One thing Knobby could do is play 7 dmen in game 2. That would give him an opportunity to mix up the pairings a bit.
True but then we have to overplay some of the forwards which isn't ideal in a physical series IMO.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Primary blame yeh. But not all of it. Like why is the shooter left so wide open? A Oilers forward missed his assignment.
Yeah...the winger got beat as well.
The thing is Nurse is supposed to be available to cover the area where the Panther player got the puck.
Instead he is standing there on the goal line with his back to the slot (with his stick in the air) watching Ceci battle along the boards.
He put himself in the most useless place possible. If he had at least went in and helped Ceci (still the wrong play but it might have helped retain possession) it would have been better than what he ended up doing.

Last edited:

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
Bouchard was horrible tonight.
So many bobbles and unforced errors

I didn’t think he was that bad, but he definitely bobbled the puck a bit more than normal. I feel like he’s fought the puck a bit in game 1 of every series so far. He’s still young, probably just a bit of nerves

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad