Post-Game Talk: Goalie Bobbed in Game 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
I remember way back when, in 1990, I was watching an ITV broadcast with John Muckler going into the playoffs, I think with terry Jones? not quite sure....
they had a call in segment with fans calling in, and JM made a snide remark to a caller along the lines "how about you do what you do, and watch the games, and we'll do what we do, and coach the team"
pretty much sums up reading this thread.
I get having a discussion, but some of the content is beyond ridiculous.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
I highly doubt upper management would interfere if Knob wanted to scratch nurse.
I don't think they need to interfere because Knob won't scratch Nurse.

Knob also understands the organizational dynamics and I doubt it has as much to do with Nurse being buddies with our superstars as it has to do with group dynamics, contract value or even trade value.

Besides, even if Nurse somehow against all odds were to be scratched, is Vinny Desharnais some kind of needle mover that is going to make us better?

That's wishful thinking.

McBigYak

Nov 4, 2015
Calgary Alberta
I don't think they need to interfere because Knob won't scratch Nurse.

Knob also understands the organizational dynamics and I doubt it has as much to do with Nurse being buddies with our superstars as it has to do with group dynamics, contract value or even trade value.

Besides, even if Nurse somehow against all odds were to be scratched, is Vinny Desharnais some kind of needle mover that is going to make us better?

That's wishful thinking.

This is my first thought yes. My post was mainly directed towards IF he wanted to scratch him, I doubt they'd let him.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
A depressing game but I'm over it. The boys played an excellent game over all but got no help from the hockey gods. Bobrovsky is better than Skinner but that's hardly a news headline. We knew that going into the series.

The Oilers will solve Bobrovsky in game #2 with a couple of goals but will have to play a near perfect game in their own end to win.

It will be tough but I think there's a good chance they go home with a split. As previously stated by so many other posters, a goal from Drai or Kane would be an enormous aid. Regardless, Mc-D will reach even deeper and probably "will" the Oilers to victory tomorrow night. When the best player in the world is on your team then you are never out of it.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
It was a reassuring game in that the Oilers are clearly able to outplay the Panthers for 60 minutes. Solve Bobvorsky and you win this series.

The main boards are just a cesspool of toxicity disingenuity from the same trolls though. Always funny to see the same guys rush back after disappearing in each round.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
It was a reassuring game in that the Oilers are clearly able to outplay the Panthers for 60 minutes. Solve Bobvorsky and you win this series.

The main boards are just a cesspool of toxicity disingenuity from the same trolls though. Always funny to see the same guys rush back after disappearing in each round.
Most of these trolls couldn't walk from the couch to the fridge without passing out.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation

My ignore list has expanded faster than the universe in the last few weeks.

I don't go to the mains too much lately because all that toxicity is literally affecting my mental well-being.

I need to stay away from it but it's a pretty accurate microcosm of what our contemporary world has degenerated into.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
It’s kind of crazy the mods don’t nip it in the butt, but I guess a few of them flirt with the GDT mods in every thread, so what can you do?

I’ve had very tame posts removed compared to what is being posted.
I think being a mod is a tough job, I know I wouldn't want it.

Why is it that the stupidest guy in the room is always the most brilliant in his own mind? Human nature. Self praise is better than none. I routinely use the ignore feature for these twits.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
That game was great despite the score.

We controlled the majority of the game and they capitalized on 2 of our mistakes.

the goals that went in didn't look good for Skinner, but he didn't cost us the game, there too many mistakes on the ice that led to goal.

if you have to narrow it down and place blame on someone Nurse and Ceci looks like a good pair to blame, but the skaters didn't score so Im not going to be too harsh on nurse and or Ceci. Gotta get a goal. We had the chances and didn't execute.

Floridas much vaunted physicality was overrated and didn't "own" us or take us off the our game. Florida's Defence wasn't much better than ours, they gave up ALOT and we had 3 breakaways in the first period alone and if we had better shot placement i.e lifting the puck we score more goals.

Bob was great but he has flaws. Just gotta exploit them.

I liked our overall game. We limited chances very well as we have all playoffs.

We need stop with the games were we control the play and give up less than 20 shots but still give up 3-4 goals.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
I think being a mod is a tough job, I know I wouldn't want it.

Why is it that the stupidest guy in the room is always the most brilliant in his own mind? Human nature. Self praise is better than none. I routinely use the ignore feature for these twits.
Dunning-Kruger. It's so prevalent with many of them.

In other cases it's just people who get some kind of twisted kick out of riling people up.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
My ignore list has expanded faster than the universe in the last few weeks.

I don't go to the mains too much lately because all that toxicity is literally affecting my mental well-being.

I need to stay away from it but it's a pretty accurate microcosm of what our contemporary world has degenerated into.
It’s unfortunate but some of it is comical too.

In particular, Canuck fans will see a fight in Edmonton on twitter from a year ago and will try to paint it as a riot this season. I think they’re really trying to get away from the shadow of their riot, but how can you with a documentary made almost 15 years later?

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
It’s unfortunate but some of it is comical too.

In particular, Canuck fans will see a fight in Edmonton on twitter from a year ago and will try to paint it as a riot this season. I think they’re really trying to get away from the shadow of their riot, but how can you with a documentary made almost 15 years later?
You'd think they be good at identifying riots.

Reactions: PuckG

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
That game was great despite the score.

We controlled the majority of the game and they capitalized on 2 of our mistakes.

the goals that went in didn't look good for Skinner, but he didn't cost us the game, there too many mistakes on the ice that led to goal.

if you have to narrow it down and place blame on someone Nurse and Ceci looks like a good pair to blame, but the skaters didn't score so Im not going to be too harsh on nurse and or Ceci. Gotta get a goal. We had the chances and didn't execute.

Floridas much vaunted physicality was overrated and didn't "own" us or take us off the our game. Florida's Defence wasn't much better than ours, they gave up ALOT and we had 3 breakaways in the first period alone and if we had better shot placement i.e lifting the puck we score more goals.

Bob was great but he has flaws. Just gotta exploit them.

I liked our overall game. We limited chances very well as we have all playoffs.

We need stop with the games were we control the play and give up less than 20 shots but still give up 3-4 goals.
I actually think that Florida tried to play too physical and up tempo and they had a ton of breakdowns in the first 40 minutes.

Guys need to start shooting high…and hitting the net with them.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
It’s kind of crazy the mods don’t nip it in the butt, but I guess a few of them flirt with the GDT mods in every thread, so what can you do?

I’ve had very tame posts removed compared to what is being posted.
Why would they.

You have mods from otherboards who troll like on our board and are confused when they get called out on it.

Bunch of braindead Pejorative Slurs

The Oilers negative thread on the mainboards all of sudden got shutdown when we became good, the mains is just a place for 31 fanbases to shit on us and get protected.

Reactions: Duke74 and Oilhawks

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Why would they.

You have mods from otherboards who troll like on our board and are confused when they get called out on it.

The Oilers negative thread on the mainboards all of sudden got shutdown when we became good, the mains is just a place for 31 fanbases to shit on us and get protected.
if its the one I think it was no it wasn't shut down, it was re-named and still open for a long time while other fans shit on us. it was closed after the push back Oiler fans gave after the 16 game win streak and openly calling out the mods ( I know because I was there doing it.)

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan

I can’t deal with the main boards

They go quiet when we do well. The second we lose, they rush in to say we don’t have a chance. Lol it’s the same story with the jealous toxic fans

We were the better team last night plain and simple. They had an unbelievable goalie last night, and that was the difference.

We will solve Bob in game 2. He was lights out against the Rangers game 1 of that series and then the rangers put up 7 goals on him in the next two games. We will be just fine

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
I can’t deal with the main boards

They go quiet when we do well. The second we lose, they rush in to say we don’t have a chance. Lol it’s the same story with the jealous toxic fans

We were the better team last night plain and simple. They had an unbelievable goalie last night, and that was the difference.

We will solve Bob in game 2. He was lights out against the Rangers game 1 of that series and then the rangers put up 7 goals on him in the next two games. We will be just fine
In this game Bob was the key player that stood out as the difference maker.

But I'm somehow damn near certain that McDavid will be the difference maker in the series.

This is where that generational talent comes in folks. This is it. People say "he won't be regarded as highly as the greats unless he wins cups", but I say "he will win cups because he is as good as the greats".

Now that he has that first game out of his system, and especially because the Oilers lost but also dominated, he will come out like a man on a mission from here on in.

Connor's shoulders will drop and he will take this team on his back. Years from now no one will remember that Barkov, Tkachuk or Bobrovsky played in this series.

They will remember the Oilers and they will remember Connor McDavid.

suddeninterest

Aug 19, 2014
Regardless of the outcome of this finals series Ceci needs to go this offseason. Probably with the 2nd rounder in a package to somewhere with cap space like SJS or Chi. I'd say Nurse has one more year to play better and turn it around with a different partner or they need to seriously consider a buyout.

The good thing we are seeing though is Broberg looks really really good in the 4 games he's played so far. That kid can skate. I suspect he never goes back to the AHL.

Reactions: oobga

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
According to members of the worst fanbase in professional sports that have temporarily latched onto the Panthers, Bob didn’t steal that one last night. Somehow.

Reactions: PuckG

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Why would they.

But reframe it as a good thing. The people that dislike a team the most, or a person the most do so due to jealousy of some kind. Its the most common reason.

I don't really get why anybody would be bothered by what other fans say. Thats been occurring since the internet and it took around 5yrs for me to realize thats just the way it is. Some people will manage impartiality, civility amongst fanbases and most will be defensive etc.

The easiest way to stop being effected by what other fanbases say is just stop going there.

Reactions: Ibanez and Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad