Post-Game Talk: Goalie Bobbed in Game 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
That was my prediction. 5 game series w/ Oilers losing the first game lol.

Got yet back is live if anyone else has gotten addicted
I like it! Your prediction is looking good too consider how we controlled most of the game. It shows we can out play these cats to a large margin which could lend to a 4 straight Ws type result.

I usually watch GYB the day after. But maybe I’ll tune in live for a change. Kinda dead in here tonight.

Oilking83

Jan 14, 2009
Oil Country
I agree.
Kulak is just so reliable.

It seems that we are always loking for a babysitter for Nurse...perhaps Kulak is that player because the teams needs to get a lot more from Nurse..
The fact that we need a baby sitter for our 9.5M defenseman is absurd but here we are.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
IMO none of those stats matter. If you want to find excuses to lose go for it, all that matters is that it's 0-1 in the series. Like McDavid says, one day at a time. Knob needs to make some changes and let's see what game 2 has in store.
Ultimately our two legend players, McD, and Drai have only 3 goals each in their last dozen playoff games. Drai has chilled off from his usual torrid playoff scoring rate. McD has been having more trouble scoring all season.

For most players .250/G scoring would be pretty good. But it isn't for superstars. We got through Dallas on PP's and D and support players scoring goals.

The last EV goal we've had by a forward was Leon Draisaitl scoring in Game 4 in Dallas series. 3 games since we haven't had any EV forward scoring.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
For the next game:

Ekhold-Bouchard
Kulak-Broberg
Nurse-Desharnais

Janmark-Henrique-Brown
McLeod-Carrick-Perry

I would actually scratch McLeod for Gagner. At least he gets pucks on the net and will go to the dirty areas

Reactions: voxel

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Broberg was great this game. Let him babysit Ceci next game.
He had a lot of moments of looking like s Star player and really he has every playoff game he's been in. One shift in third period Florida was pressuring him to get a strip. He skates away from 3 Panthers with ease (obviously they don't know of him or his speed) and suddenly he hits a pass for a break out. Just another quiet but dead sexy play from him. Just exudes talent, reads, and explosive speed. Not sure how good this guy will get but he's sure got the ingredients. He's putting it together these playoffs. Both Booch and Broberg were giving Florida a lot of problems with their puck possession and shaking people.

Impressive game by both. Ekholm seemed a bit overwhelmed in game. Nurse, Ceci were straight up awful.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Ultimately our two legend players, McD, and Drai have only 3 goals each in their last dozen playoff games. Drai has chilled off from his usual torrid playoff scoring rate. McD has been having more trouble scoring all season.

For most players .250/G scoring would be pretty good. But it isn't for superstars. We got through Dallas on PP's and D and support players scoring goals.

The last EV goal we've had by a forward was Leon Draisaitl scoring in Game 4 in Dallas series. 3 games since we haven't had any EV forward scoring.
I wonder if we need to try McLeod with Drai again? Drop Kane down a line and try Holloway-Draisaitl-McLeod. McLeod has been useless down the middle.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Broberg looked great. Pretty much translated his AHL game to the NHL (much like Bouchard).

Nurse-Ceci are a disaster pairing.

I want Desharnais, Ceci or Nurse out, and Gagner in the lineup. Just not feeling the love for McLeod and his return to being allergic to dirty areas

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
For the next game:

Ekhold-Bouchard
Kulak-Broberg
Nurse-Desharnais

Janmark-Henrique-Brown
McLeod-Carrick-Perry

I would actually scratch McLeod for Gagner. At least he gets pucks on the net and will go to the dirty areas
I'm a Gagner fan and you can't do that. Panthers play a speed game and are quick to pucks. you don't take speed out of lineup playing against Florida. We need every bit of that speed. What we don't need is Perry occupying a spot and being the slowest player on ice by miles.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
If I’ve learned anything from these playoffs, Nurse and Foegele should be on the outs this summer

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I wonder if we need to try McLeod with Drai again? Drop Kane down a line and try Holloway-Draisaitl-McLeod. McLeod has been useless down the middle.
Sure. Theres lots of options. Henrique has looked good with Drai too but not tried much lately. Or Drop Nuge down with Drai. I think we have to share the wealth a bit. The loaded topline hasn't been getting much EV lately, this has also I think related to KK just superloading but its not the way to go against Barkov who lives to shut things down.

We might have more success spreading our talent out.

Reactions: Duke74

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Top 6 mins the human black hole? I’d rather see brown or janmark get the look.
McLeod has worked with Drai multiple times over the years. Its something that just goes. McLeod with his speed and zone entries frees Drai up to not alway be that guy and get setup in danger areas. McLeod has better give and go ability than given credit for and makes plays at speed. But he needs somebody really concerted like Drai to get more than just chaos plays. Drai controls the plays, generates. he benefits from speed of McLeod and to some degree workrate of Holloway. Latter is having trouble scoring but playing hard out there. He could be our future Bennett.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Mclovin was ok but he didn’t look better than janmark/brown which says a lot… either way there’s several option before McLeod
Janmark and Brown have been the teams best and most consistent bottom 6 forwards IMO.
They seem to have some chemistry so I keep them toegther.
I am not saying Foegele is ideal but I think he is the best fit on that line. Espcially in the short term (5 or 6 games). Mcleod and his perimeter game are not making a good impression which is a shame because he is such a good skater.

Last edited:

Oilking83

Jan 14, 2009
Oil Country
McLeod has worked with Drai multiple times over the years. It’s something that just goes. McLeod with his speed and zone entries frees Drai up to not alway be that guy and get setup in danger areas. McLeod has better give and go ability than given credit for and makes plays at speed. But he needs somebody really concerted like Drai to get more than just chaos plays. Drai controls the plays, generates. he benefits from speed of McLeod and to some degree workrate of Holloway. Latter is having trouble scoring but playing hard out there. He could be our future Bennett.
Honestly I’m a firm believer in earning your minutes and McLeod is closer to the press box than a promotion for me. I’d rather see DR or Carrick than McLeod next game

walktheboulavard

Jul 8, 2016
Oil still got this boys. Lost game 1 vs the Canucks in devastating fashion, down 2-1 vs Dallas and down 2 zip in game 4 in what looked sure to be insurmountable 3-1 lead for the Stars. The boys turned both those situations around. They will in this also; game 1 is always the feeler game anyways.

Coach Knob probably threw out the Nurse-Ceci pairing as bait to read how Florida plays and is figuring out their attack points. Funny thing about that is we ended up out playing them anyways so hopefully he's seen what he needed and doesn't need to pair those 2 together again.

Didn't see the 3rd as I headed out but hopefully boys start shooting high on Bob cause your not beating him 5 hole or across the pads.

Reactions: Skar and Kerberos

Hitman77

May 6, 2015
Skinner with another first goal on the first shot. Not only that, he let the first shot of the second period in too. 🤦‍♂️ Absolutely backbreaking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad