Post-Game Talk: Goalie Bobbed in Game 1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
They’re aware they need to shoot high. It’s well known Bobrovsky is good on the ice

RNH took a slash to the hand right before he shot and Henrique got forced to the backhand from pressure, he’d probably like that chance back

RNH / Hyman / Ekholm all missed grade As trying to pick the corner / top shelf
They seemed a little jittery around the net.
Puck pressure will do that though.

Reactions: sepHF

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I didn’t think he was that bad, but he definitely bobbled the puck a bit more than normal. I feel like he’s fought the puck a bit in game 1 of every series so far. He’s still young, probably just a bit of nerves

He probably created more offense than any D on either team. 75% xGF 5v5. He definitely lost pucks trying to make plays, but it is what it is. He has the puck all night and we were all trying to create something with heavy pressure. Most of our other D were just trying to survive. Two of our D failed miserably to just survive.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Speaking of which. There was shit load of missed slashes tonight. PPs were 3 to 2 in our favor. But that’s means f*** all if it actually should have been 6 to 2 based on actual infractions in the game.

Reactions: AlbOilFAN

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
Knoblauchs decisions so far have been so excellent that its surprising to see him make a decision that doesnt work.

I genuinely believed he was trolling the Panthers with our practice lines lol

The D pairings were dumb, he must have wanted a 2nd pairing with familiarity against their forecheck, but it's the -2 that is familiar. Broberg has no experience with anyone and played like a boss.

And perry half playing center, so Mcleod can half play wing, is overthinking it. Just put them on the wings with one of the centers who didn't dress.

Reactions: guymez

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Bobrovsky single-handily won the 1st game for Florida.
Separate the garbage pair of Nurse/Ceci for the remainder of this series and fire it into the sun for good. Enough is enough.

Win it in G2 and come back for home in G3/4 from a 1-1 split.
Also shoot high on Bobrovsky. Good night.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Yes, Lavoie would be fishing the puck out of the net and if you wonder how Gagner would look, consider how slow Perry looks lol

Speed is clearly our gameplan and Foegele and Mcleod on the wing with another center is the correct play on the 4rth line imo, Ryan specifically
Foegele is shit. Lavoie can snipe and play physical. Gagner is no slower than Perry and while he can't play a bunch of games in a row you can bet your ass that he'd bleed for this team and his chance to get his name on the cup.

Reactions: Heavy Dee

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Chances are already strong that Panthers won the series. What is it, 70+% of whoever wins game 1, wins the cup? Have to win the next game to have any chance.
Nah, it's 0-1 right now, they still need to win 3 and we need to win 4. Don't doubt this team until they give you reason to.

Reactions: harpoon and iCanada

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I genuinely believed he was trolling the Panthers with our practice lines lol

The D pairings were dumb, he must have wanted a 2nd pairing with familiarity against their forecheck, but it's the -2 that is familiar. Broberg has no experience with anyone and played like a boss.

And perry half playing center, so Mcleod can half play wing, is overthinking it. Just put them on the wings with one of the centers who didn't dress.
Yeah there appears that there may have been some overthinking.
I would like to see Perry out and Carrick in.
Then put Carrick with Brown and Janmark and stick Foegele with Draisaitl and put Holloway on Henriques line.

So Drai with Kane and Foegle... Carrick with Brown and Janmark and Henrique with McLeod and Holloway.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Nah, it's 0-1 right now, they still need to win 3 and we need to win 4. Don't doubt this team until they give you reason to.
Dig deeper into that stat find teams that lost with over 80% shot share and I bet that stat falls apart anyways.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
They’re aware they need to shoot high. It’s well known Bobrovsky is good on the ice

RNH took a slash to the hand right before he shot and Henrique got forced to the backhand from pressure, he’d probably like that chance back

RNH / Hyman / Ekholm all missed grade As trying to pick the corner / top shelf
On the US feed it sure looked to me like Henrique got hooked to the hands.

Reactions: AlbOilFAN

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
It would be so Team of Destiny for the Oil to lose Game 1 and still win the Cup.

And I believe this is a team of destiny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad