Confirmed with Link: Giroux, Bunnaman, Rubtsov, 2024 5th traded to Florida for 2024 1st, 2023 3rd, Owen Tippett

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Most of the college players won't be available for at least a week, longer if they win their games this weekend.
When do CHL seasons end?

Flyers have to field someone the next couple weeks, and if the Phantoms have a shot at the playoffs they're not going to promote a lot of marginal prospects that won't play for them next season over veterans.
The Phantoms are in last place in their conference. Nice talking point though. Did you hear that the Flyers were concerned about that from somewhere?

Oh wait, was that from ASF with regards to Martin Jones?

That's weird that you're picking and choosing what you want to believe as fact because it serves your narrative.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Something might be changing in the development process. Supposedly Fletcher is largely committing to the under 25 players. If the Phantoms can make the POs, they would have a longer season than the Flyers. There is a decent chance that that might happen due to the games in hand that LV has and the fact that they've been playing good hockey of late. After yesterday the club has some room to add players to their roster, five or so. Signing Cates, JOB, Attard and St. Ivany; bringing up Desnoyers and adding these guys too the Phantoms roster would be good for their development.

I'll believe they're changing their approach and values when I see it.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The Phantoms are .474 and WBS are in 6th place at .517.

The Phantoms still have 19 games left to play, three against WBS.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Getting a career 3rd liner at best and a top 10 protected 1st two drafts from now is an acceptable deal for the Flyers best forward and a player capable of pushing the Panthers over the hump? I don't care about the NMC or the UFA status, it was a garbage return. There's absolutely no reason they couldn't have held out for Samoskevich, who at least has top 6 tools and upside. They literally already have at least one, if not two better versions of Tippet in their system already in Allison and Foerster. He was a completely pointless, redundant addition. Not to mention Brink who is also a RW.

It's okay though, Chuckle f*** is going to trade Konecny for a shit return to open up a spot on the RW.

One minute you're mocking Allison for always being injured, and the next you're acting like he's a lock to be a top 6 NHL forward.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The Phantoms are in last place in their conference. Nice talking point though. Did you hear that the Flyers were concerned about that from somewhere?

Oh wait, was that from ASF with regards to Martin Jones?

That's weird that you're picking and choosing what you want to believe as fact because it serves your narrative.

Come on, is there any point in promoting Strome or Sushko or Hogberg or Wylie? Are they NHL ready?
Outside of Allison and Laczynski, who on the current Phantom roster (maybe Hodgson) is NHL caliber?
They dumped Bunnaman and Rubtsov, Willman has been up and down.

Zamula and Ratcliffe are the only other possibilities, they gave Ratcliffe an audition, he show some promise but needs work.
Zamula was sick and lost weight in mid-season, so they're probably a little hesitant to push him, given strength is his biggest issue. But I expect him up at some point

Zamula has had a rough season:

For Zamula, so much of his NHL readiness centers around filling out his frame. And it’s been a struggle for him to do so in spite of all the work he and the organization has been putting in in that regard. But how much progress would you say he’s made in terms of filling out and bulking up this season?

Oh, he did (make progress). And then he got really sick there for a couple of weeks and he lost a bunch of weight, and he’s not a guy that can afford to lose weight.

His hockey IQ, his skill level, his skating, everything I think is NHL-caliber. It’s just physically, he’s not strong enough yet.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Come on, is there any point in promoting Strome or Sushko or Hogberg or Wylie? Are they NHL ready?
Outside of Allison and Laczynski, who on the current Phantom roster (maybe Hodgson) is NHL caliber?
They dumped Bunnaman and Rubtsov, Willman has been up and down.

Zamula and Ratcliffe are the only other possibilities, they gave Ratcliffe an audition, he show some promise but needs work.
Zamula was sick and lost weight in mid-season, so they're probably a little hesitant to push him, given strength is his biggest issue. But I expect him up at some point

Zamula has had a rough season:

For Zamula, so much of his NHL readiness centers around filling out his frame. And it’s been a struggle for him to do so in spite of all the work he and the organization has been putting in in that regard. But how much progress would you say he’s made in terms of filling out and bulking up this season?

Oh, he did (make progress). And then he got really sick there for a couple of weeks and he lost a bunch of weight, and he’s not a guy that can afford to lose weight.

His hockey IQ, his skill level, his skating, everything I think is NHL-caliber. It’s just physically, he’s not strong enough yet.

Over slop like Yandle and Thompson? Unequivocally yes.

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
Maybe if they completely and totally change their development process and values.
There was an online episode a little ways back inside the war room with Flyers' brass leading up to 2013 draft. When they were discussing Samuel Morin I thought I was going to throw up. It was all about his size, his strength, and how mean he played in juniors and what kind of player he could be if they were able to develop his skills! This franchise is so broken, as a fan, I am utterly hopeless.

They can't draft, and even if they could, they can't develop. They're handcuffed into FA and trades and you will never build a team like that. FLYERS ARE A JOKE.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
One minute you're mocking Allison for always being injured, and the next you're acting like he's a lock to be a top 6 NHL forward.

And?

He's clearly their best option at 3RW (not sure where you got Top 6 from) if he can stay healthy. If he cant they have one of the best players in college, Brink, ready to make the jump next season. They didnt need Tippet. He's not very good.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
And?

He's clearly their best option at 3RW (not sure where you got Top 6 from) if he can stay healthy. If he cant they have one of the best players in college, Brink, ready to make the jump next season. They didnt need Tippet. He's not very good.
It gets all cleared up at RW once they trade Konecny for Hronek or Dumba

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
They'd sooner move a defensemen to wing :laugh:
Even ignoring how insanely stupid that was, especially given what we know about their opinions on defensemen, it’s mindblowing that they tried to love Morin to wing instead of Ghost.

Obviously that would’ve been a horrible decision too, but from their perspective you’d think that would be preferable, since obviously they’re delusional enough to think he’s just an offensive player who can’t play D because he’s too small. Seems like someone they’d rather have at forward.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The thing I use the most to determine whether or not a reporter is full of shit is what an agent says publicly. I know that guy is 100% going to tell the truth even if it throws his client under the bus. We all know the truth counts for more than the trust of their clients. Definitely not whether it’s eventually corroborated, who would believe that anyways?

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
The thing I use the most to determine whether or not a reporter is full of shit is what an agent says publicly. I know that guy is 100% going to tell the truth even if it throws his client under the bus. We all know the truth counts for more than the trust of their clients. Definitely not whether it’s eventually corroborated, who would believe that anyways?
"Yes my client flagrantly shirked agreements and rules in contract negotiation, he will be available at 1 PM tomorrow for further questioning."

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You forget Friedman was a winger too for a game.

We already did the "again".
Wild fans say he used to do that there, too. Prosser was a common target for that thinking.

Dude is so obsessed with fitting roles he'd rather use a bigger veteran dman on his 4th line wing rather than call someone up if nobody readily available matches imagine role-needs.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
"Yes my client flagrantly shirked agreements and rules in contract negotiation, he will be available at 1 PM tomorrow for further questioning."
I recall either the year after the Eagles lost to the Saints or the Seahawks, Joe San Loquito, who I also do not believe is a full-time writer, at least not anymore, wrote a whole big thing that buried Carson Wentz and pulled back the curtain on his attitude and how the team and players felt about him and that guy got absolutely tarred and feathered by fans, some media, and had every last player going to social media pumping Wentz's tires and whatnot.

And he was right.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Even ignoring how insanely stupid that was, especially given what we know about their opinions on defensemen, it’s mindblowing that they tried to love Morin to wing instead of Ghost.

Obviously that would’ve been a horrible decision too, but from their perspective you’d think that would be preferable, since obviously they’re delusional enough to think he’s just an offensive player who can’t play D because he’s too small. Seems like someone they’d rather have at forward.
I joked for a couple of seasons that he should have played wing just so they could slot him there for expansion. Of course, not that the team wanted to keep him.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

The whole point is filling a Gritboy role so it was never gonna be Ghost.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad