Confirmed with Link: Giroux, Bunnaman, Rubtsov, 2024 5th traded to Florida for 2024 1st, 2023 3rd, Owen Tippett

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Voracek was 1.9 pts/60 ES over a 78 games in the third year of his deal. Hayes is a 1.5pts/60 ES over 28 games in his current (third) year.

What's funny is that Jake's pts/60 ES improved each year of his deal in Philly while Hayes has stayed virtually static at lower numbers. If we start talking all situations, the numbers look far better for Jake.

So if by your metrics Hextall hamstrung this team with Voracek's deal, it stands to reason Fletcher did the same with Hayes.
Actually Hayes is now 1.89, despite playing injured. Imagine if he was healthy. :nod:

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Actually Hayes is now 1.89, despite playing injured. Imagine if he was healthy. :nod:

Not according to the site I'm using. Even assuming your number is more accurate, it puts him in the same stead as Jake. How did Hextall hamstring the team with Voracek yet Fletcher did not with Hayes?

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Every last one of his narratives paint Fletcher as some hapless bystander in every deal, exchange, discussion, that gets made, complety subject to the whims of those around him, from players, to coaches, scouts, managers, and executives. Chuck Fletcher is a man with no agency of his own. Which makes you wonder who the f*** would want that kind of person to be a GM.

His dad probably made him go to GM school.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Not according to the site I'm using. Even assuming your number is more accurate, it puts him in the same stead as Jake. How did Hextall hamstring the team with Voracek yet Fletcher did not with Hayes?
Hayes can play center. Seriously, because Patrick flopped, a healthy Hayes became a key player.
Which is why I keep saying a young 2C should be the #1 priority for this team.
It isn't that a healthy Hayes isn't a decent 2C, but he's going to be 30 and at some point you want to upgrade.
Then Hayes can move to 3C, wing or become trade bait with three years left on his contract at 31.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I won't claim to be an expert on Barron but a guy who was a first round rounder less than two years ago and has continued to progress is still a desirable asset in my eyes. Tippet is a former top ten pick in his fifth season post-draft who still hasn't locked down an NHL spot. He's closer to Rubtsov or being on waivers than a guy with the profile of Barron.

Lol no, he is not closer to Rubtsov.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Even the shills are restless over this one. That's how you know it's blatantly bad.
I hate Chuck as much as the next guy, but this really isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. Not good, for sure but they got about what I think who had reasonable expectations thought they would. I thought we'd get a first (we did), a project/change of scenery prospect (we did), a mid-round pick (we did), and then either another middling prospect, another mid-late round pick, or a useful but overpaid NHLer. Throwing in the two garbage prospects and 5th round pick was definitely unexpected, but I really could not care any less than I do about losing those assets in this deal.

But even on his best day the return for Giroux wasn't going to be that much more than this. Not trading Jones IMO is way worse because he literally turned down something for a completely useless player that will not be back and will have no impact on the team this year. The Giroux trade is not good by any means, but it is not a disaster. Like I said I think it is about what most with reasonable expectations thought we'd get.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I hate Chuck as much as the next guy, but this really isn't as bad as people are making it out to be. Not good, for sure but they got about what I think who had reasonable expectations thought they would. I thought we'd get a first (we did), a project/change of scenery prospect (we did), a mid-round pick (we did), and then either another middling prospect, another mid-late round pick, or a useful but overpaid NHLer. Throwing in the two garbage prospects and 5th round pick was definitely unexpected, but I really could not care any less than I do about losing those assets in this deal.

But even on his best day the return for Giroux wasn't going to be that much more than this. Not trading Jones IMO is way worse because he literally turned down something for a completely useless player that will not be back and will have no impact on the team this year. The Giroux trade is not good by any means, but it is not a disaster. Like I said I think it is about what most with reasonable expectations thought we'd get.

They got the guy we predicted because we knew Fletcher would never shoot higher and because he is obsessed with size and certain player types. That's no fine or acceptable. If ever there's a time to extract maximum value for once in Fletcher's life, it's while trading Giroux.

He choked.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
They got the guy we predicted because we knew Fletcher would never shoot higher and because he is obsessed with size and certain player types. That's no fine or acceptable. If ever there's a time to extract maximum value for once in Fletcher's life, it's while trading Giroux.

He choked.
But he didn't though. Those with reasonable expectations thought we'd get a first and an underwhelming or project prospect. There was never a chance we'd get a guy like Newhook or multiple firsts. I don't care who the GM was that wasn't going to happen.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Getting a career 3rd liner at best and a top 10 protected 1st two drafts from now is an acceptable deal for the Flyers best forward and a player capable of pushing the Panthers over the hump? I don't care about the NMC or the UFA status, it was a garbage return. There's absolutely no reason they couldn't have held out for Samoskevich, who at least has top 6 tools and upside. They literally already have at least one, if not two better versions of Tippet in their system already in Allison and Foerster. He was a completely pointless, redundant addition. Not to mention Brink who is also a RW.

It's okay though, Chuckle f*** is going to trade Konecny for a shit return to open up a spot on the RW.

Last edited:

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany

Aim for the better prospect. And if necessary throw in a 4th in 2024 to get Samo! We dont need another RW player! THats the worst thing in this whole situation!!!

But i bet my ass that Cuck wants to include Rubstov and Bunny and so he looses the right to ask anything!

They could have only released them!!

How in the World can you include career AHLer in a trade for your all time great Franchise Captain???!!! Its all so pathetic!!!! I cant even say how disgusted iam and i cant understand how proud fans of this franchise dont go on the streets and riot!!!!

If you do that in Boston they would kill the GM! And rightfully so!!!

Reactions: BernieParent

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
But he didn't though. Those with reasonable expectations thought we'd get a first and an underwhelming or project prospect. There was never a chance we'd get a guy like Newhook or multiple firsts. I don't care who the GM was that wasn't going to happen.

Those expectations were built on knowing Chuck would choke.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Perhaps the Flyers need at a young center is not as dire as some think. I get it that acquiring Samoskevich would have helped; he had a good year on a stacked Michigan team that could run roughshod over most of their opponents. He played in 37 games; 10 goals and 18 assists for .76ppg.
On the other side of the ledger, Jay O'Brien had a very nice season at BU; in 24 games he had 10 goals and 12 assists. For his career at BU he played 40 games bagging 18 goals and 20 assists. In the BU school newspaper, JOB is predicted to sign with the Flyers soon. He, along with Laczynski, could give Frost a fight for a center spot in Philly next year. If the Flyers take a center in the upcoming draft, that position should be in decent shape going forward. Couturier, Hayes, Laughton, young guys.

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
Getting a career 3rd liner at best and a top 10 protected 1st two drafts from now is an acceptable deal for the Flyers best forward and a player capable of pushing the Panthers over the hump? I don't care about the NMC or the UFA status, it was a garbage return. There's absolutely no reason they couldn't have held out for Samoskevich, who at least has top 6 tools and upside. They literally already have at least one, if not two better versions of Tippet in their system already in Allison and Foerster. He was a completely pointless, redundant addition.
You are right. The Flyers have had 10 and 13 game losing streaks this year, Chuck should have had the ball rolling and instead he blames it all on the misfortune of injuries and covid. Which is stupid because there are 31 other teams dealing with the same stuff.

Chuck should have never been hired. Look at his transactions while GM of Minnesota. He consistently traded good players for bad players. Brent Burns, hello! Look at his 1st round draft selections - mostly unsuccessful.

This guy is not good at his job. How he was hired is beyond me. I was furious with the hiring and he's been proving my feelings right from the jump.

Trading Giroux was the right thing to do, but Fletcher is not the guy you want driving the bus. Another GM would have done better, there's no doubt.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Perhaps the Flyers need at a young center is not as dire as some think. I get it that acquiring Samoskevich would have helped; he had a good year on a stacked Michigan team that could run roughshod over most of their opponents. He played in 37 games; 10 goals and 18 assists for .76ppg.
On the other side of the ledger, Jay O'Brien had a very nice season at BU; in 24 games he had 10 goals and 12 assists. For his career at BU he played 40 games bagging 18 goals and 20 assists. In the BU school newspaper, JOB is predicted to sign with the Flyers soon. He, along with Laczynski, could give Frost a fight for a center spot in Philly next year. If the Flyers take a center in the upcoming draft, that position should be in decent shape going forward. Couturier, Hayes, Laughton, young guys.

You really do live in your own reality.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
You are right. The Flyers have had 10 and 13 game losing streaks this year, Chuck should have had the ball rolling and instead he blames it all on the misfortune of injuries and covid. Which is stupid because there are 31 other teams dealing with the same stuff.

Chuck should have never been hired. Look at his transactions while GM of Minnesota. He consistently traded good players for bad players. Brent Burns, hello! Look at his 1st round draft selections - mostly unsuccessful.

This guy is not good at his job. How he was hired is beyond me. I was furious with the hiring and he's been proving my feelings right from the jump.

Trading Giroux was the right thing to do, but Fletcher is not the guy you want driving the bus. Another GM would have done better, there's no doubt.
Well that’s easy, he’s a Bob Clarke crony from his dad and working for Clarke in Florida.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Maybe if they completely and totally change their development process and values.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Maybe if they completely and totally change their development process and values.
Something might be changing in the development process. Supposedly Fletcher is largely committing to the under 25 players. If the Phantoms can make the POs, they would have a longer season than the Flyers. There is a decent chance that that might happen due to the games in hand that LV has and the fact that they've been playing good hockey of late. After yesterday the club has some room to add players to their roster, five or so. Signing Cates, JOB, Attard and St. Ivany; bringing up Desnoyers and adding these guys too the Phantoms roster would be good for their development.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Something might be changing in the development process. Supposedly Fletcher is largely committing to the under 25 players. If the Phantoms can make the POs, they would have a longer season than the Flyers. There is a decent chance that that might happen due to the games in hand that LV has and the fact that they've been playing good hockey of late. After yesterday the club has some room to add players to their roster, five or so. Signing Cates, JOB, Attard and St. Ivany; bringing up Desnoyers and adding these guys too the Phantoms roster would be good for their development.

That's hilarious as f*** considering that just today they let it be known 37 year old bender Nate Thompson is close to returning to the lineup. Not to mention Yandle, Connauton, Seeler, MacEwen and Brown are all still going to play over prospects the last 20 games.

Get a grip.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Most of the college players won't be available for at least a week, longer if they win their games this weekend.
When do CHL seasons end?

Flyers have to field someone the next couple weeks, and if the Phantoms have a shot at the playoffs they're not going to promote a lot of marginal prospects that won't play for them next season over veterans.

Reactions: renberg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad