Confirmed with Link: Giroux, Bunnaman, Rubtsov, 2024 5th traded to Florida for 2024 1st, 2023 3rd, Owen Tippett

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Fletcher wants a good core under 25, so he trades for a player, who hasn't established himself full time, who will turn 24 next season and needs a contract. He can't keep his stories straight.

Then he blurts out about the pick: "It’ll either be a great chip for us in the draft floor, or we can use it as part of a package to get a good player this summer or next summer." I'm not sure he understands present vs future value. What does he think a 2024 1st, from a top team, gets you in July 2022? It's all so incredibly shortsighted.
He’s also trying to trade TK and Sanheim, so forget the “add skill and youth” stuff. We’re not getting younger or more skilled in those hypothetical trades.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I'd rather have Samoskevich, and I still don't believe the Flyers couldn't have drawn a hard line over him. Especially with that lame 2024 pick. Did the Flyers actually covet him more than Tippett? Who knows? Seems unlikely with how much he whines about pieces that can help immediately. I could see it being a case of 2024 1st vs. Samoskevich.

But this whole situation is a result of having a doormat of a general manager who couldn't extract value from a Dollar Store.

94220906-b983-4cde-861a-140151c2d237_text.gif

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'd rather have Samoskevich, and I still don't believe the Flyers couldn't have drawn a hard line over him. Especially with that lame 2024 pick. Did the Flyers actually covet him more than Tippett? Who knows? Seems unlikely with how much he whines about pieces that can help immediately. I could see it being a case of 2024 1st vs. Samoskevich.

But this whole situation is a result of having a doormat of a general manager who couldn't extract value from a Dollar Store.

94220906-b983-4cde-861a-140151c2d237_text.gif
What kind of hard line? Like I'll turn down that 1st rd pick and a B prospect just to spite you?

Tippett was blocked in Florida due to the emergence of Marchment and the acquisition of Reinhart.
Zito preferred Samoskevich b/c he was further away from RFA status and more upside, so he wasn't dealing him.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This sounds like a fictional narrative to adhere to prejudices. Don't know if I can buy it.

@Hollywood Couturier

gandalf-happy.gif
Samoskevich with 2 USHL and a college season under his belt, is at most a year away from the NHL.
So I doubt Fletcher preferred to take Tippett when he already has Allison and Foerster with a similar profile.
Denisenko, however, was probably the best fit for the Flyers of the three.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Samoskevich with 2 USHL and a college season under his belt, is at most a year away from the NHL.
So I doubt Fletcher preferred to take Tippett when he already has Allison and Foerster with a similar profile.
Denisenko, however, was probably the best fit for the Flyers of the three.
So you are saying that Fletch took what was given, not got what he wanted?

Sounds like pushover.

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
What kind of hard line? Like I'll turn down that 1st rd pick and a B prospect just to spite you?

Tippett was blocked in Florida due to the emergence of Marchment and the acquisition of Reinhart.
Zito preferred Samoskevich b/c he was further away from RFA status and more upside, so he wasn't dealing him.
Talent will never be blocked by other players. If the dont play, they arent good enough! You Slurpers called it 100 of times before for our franchise!!!

Now its the reason the super talent Tippett doesnt played in Florida!

Your such a liar^^

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Do people realize IT'S AGAINST THE RULES to negotiate future contract promises like this?

Flat out a player or agent or GM cannot admit to something like this without severe consequences. The only options publicly are deny or deny. It proves absolutely nothing.
Thank you. Giroux wanted a nod & a wink reassurance from Chuck he could come home. Chuck said no so G said FLA or bust. None of them can admit an improper deal was discussed. Same as UFAs, they all talk in advance, but don’t admit it.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
Funny how every Dead argument is about what other GM's want and offered. LIKE Fletch has no ability to negotiate and say no, I don't want that.

But hey, it is what it is. What can you do.
Every last one of his narratives paint Fletcher as some hapless bystander in every deal, exchange, discussion, that gets made, complety subject to the whims of those around him, from players, to coaches, scouts, managers, and executives. Chuck Fletcher is a man with no agency of his own. Which makes you wonder who the f*** would want that kind of person to be a GM.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Hayes had no injury issues until last March. Crap happens. He looks healthy now, the infection was one of those things.
Even with everything he's gone through this season, he's scoring at a 1.89 pp/60 at ES.

Hayes' comparables were two years older (Nelson, Lee, Schenn, etc) and got similar deals.

Voracek was 1.9 pts/60 ES over a 78 games in the third year of his deal. Hayes is a 1.5pts/60 ES over 28 games in his current (third) year.

What's funny is that Jake's pts/60 ES improved each year of his deal in Philly while Hayes has stayed virtually static at lower numbers. If we start talking all situations, the numbers look far better for Jake.

So if by your metrics Hextall hamstrung this team with Voracek's deal, it stands to reason Fletcher did the same with Hayes.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Right, because Montreal forced Zito into giving up a 1st, 4th and a "C" prospect for a LHD who had one good season in his career, paired with Weber. Must have held a gun to his head.
But when Chuck gives a 1st and 2nd for a full year of Risto, he was taken to the cleaners.
Or there's a market for big, physical defensemen that's inflated relative to the value that analytics puts on these guys, right or wrong.

There's a market out there for most players, with a half dozen teams inquiring about the cost. Everyone has a cell phone, everyone is in touch with everyone.

Only when there's a NMC (and yes, teams know b/c they don't get serious about negotiations without assurances the player will waive for them, unless they're stupid) is there a limited market. Even if the GM doesn't want to tell, it's easy to force it by providing a deadline (we'll look elsewhere Saturday if we don't have a deal).

So if Braun got a 3rd, it's because that was probably the best offer with a half dozen veteran D-men available. And if someone else gets a better offer, it's because there's at least one GM enamored with that player. Information is widely available in the age of video and the internet, what determines price is the one suitor who'll pay more.

"You can't hurry love, you just got to wait."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad