Confirmed with Link: Giroux, Bunnaman, Rubtsov, 2024 5th traded to Florida for 2024 1st, 2023 3rd, Owen Tippett

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The mystery....how did they know?

Simplest answer is is Giroux's camp made it known publicly. Or Florida. But Florida would need to have known that from either Giroux's camp or Fletcher. Fletcher? That's managerial incompetence, which isn't out of the question. Now, Giroux's camp? That's a move born out of frustration or animosity. Like the kind alluded to with the failed handshake agreement.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
That's hilarious as f*** considering that just today they let it be known 37 year old bender Nate Thompson is close to returning to the lineup. Not to mention Yandle, Connauton, Seeler, MacEwen and Brown are all still going to play over prospects the last 20 games.

Get a grip.
Nah. I'm reaching for something that might make sense out of this mess of a season. It's sensible to play the garbage that you cited above if you want to improve your draft ranking. It sensible if you're keeping the present "coaching staff" in order to nab an early pick as well. They'd mess up a one car funeral. IMO, it makes the most sense to keep the young players away from the locker room right now. It has to be pretty toxic with the personalities that are in it.
If the Phantoms can squeeze into the AHL playoffs, which is possible with the games in hand that they have, they'll be playing hockey after the Flyers are finished with their season. Getting the young guys more games in pro hockey, even at the AHL level, is a positive thing.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Surprisingly it seems to only have positive responses.

sad-crying.gif

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Today’s thirty second test of listening to sports talk radio included John Kinkaide saying that Ray Bourque gave a list of three teams and Wayne Gretzky gave a list of five teams because they cared about the franchise they were leaving.
guess them saying that minny, colorado and st louis earlier was a lie too then.

• Love
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
This is one of the few threads that I can see when logged in.. anyone know why? Eg, I can’t see the game day thread from yesterday.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
None of that matters in how you approach it from a PR perspective.

Every statement is an opportunity to make yourself look better. He had two basic choices. One was this, which intimates that the return is underwhelming but it’s not his fault. He “doesn’t begrudge him anything.” The other was to use this high-profile chance to talk about how important it was to take care of someone so important to the franchise. It’s a layup they absolutely bricked. It fits the pattern of unpolished losing in every small margin possible.

Revisiting this really quick:
Even the Atlanta Falcons can get this right.

Screenshot_20220323-095903_Google News.jpg

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
The return was lacklustre for sure, and I want to believe in the failed handshake theory as that throws CF under the bus.

I am most distraught and generally pissed these days based on the last few seasons, and the brutal roster decisions/contracts given that paved the way for G's departure in the first place. We were decent on the ice with a healthy pool, now we appear to be setup as bottom dwellers.

We've been run into the ground by incompetence, and it stings.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
The return was lacklustre for sure, and I want to believe in the failed handshake theory as that throws CF under the bus.

I am most distraught and generally pissed these days based on the last few seasons, and the brutal roster decisions/contracts given that paved the way for G's departure in the first place. We were decent on the ice with a healthy pool, now we appear to be setup as bottom dwellers.

We've been run into the ground by incompetence, and it stings.

So true.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Friedman writes in 32 Thoughts column that Giroux is doing his research on Ottawa. He mentioned in a recent podcast that his house is close to the rink.

Reactions: renberg

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Friedman writes in 32 Thoughts column that Giroux is doing his research on Ottawa. He mentioned in a recent podcast that his house is close to the rink.
Dont see him signing there unless he wins a Cup with Florida. They are too far off. Low hanging fruit for Friedman to speculate on.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dont see him signing there unless he wins a Cup with Florida. They are too far off. Low hanging fruit for Friedman to speculate on.
Not the first time it’s been out there. ASF said before the season that he thinks Ottawa is the only other team Giroux would consider playing for as well. Things change obviously now chips have fallen at the moment, but assuming Florida can’t keep him, you tell me who is closer. Winning also isn’t everything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad