GDT: GDT: #49 New York Islanders at Toronto Maple Leafs | January 23rd | 7:30 PM | F/5-2 L

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I don't see any way Lou would swallow his pride and do that. I also don't see Barry being interested. Ownership would have to extend the olive branch to Trotz and fire Lou to make that situation work.

I don't think having Barry as the GM/President is the worst idea though. He knows this roster better than anyone and I would trust his decision making on personnel way more than Lou at this point.
It’s so moot to talk about Trotz at the point, if he wanted to coach he would be a coach again by now. He wouldn’t come back the world doesn’t work that way. Maybe he can come back under a different GM but I think we need to go younger.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
It’s so moot to talk about Trotz at the point, if he wanted to coach he would be a coach again by now. He wouldn’t come back the world doesn’t work that way. Maybe he can come back under a different GM but I think we need to go younger.
I wouldn't want him here as coach again, but I'd definitely be interested in him as a GM. For years he would hint in press conferences that he needed more talent up front. I certainly wouldn't want another NHL retread as GM. I'd like to see someone new that has a ton of experience in other front office roles or in coaching.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
Lou should call Trotz, bring him back since he's still under contract, admit he was wrong, extend Trotz for one more year as coach, with an additional three year extension as GM as Lou transitions to retirement next year.
The whole point behind the change was trotz wasn’t interested in extension here, I truly believe that.

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
So tried of here Barzal is the only player on this team when he has eleven goals, maybe he should watch some videos of Tavares driving the net.
Tavares has Nylander, Barzal has...? By the way, when the Leafs play against other teams, those teams have to decide if they should focus on stopping the Matthews, Marner line or the Tavares, Nylander line. When the Islanders play other teams, they just have to focus on stopping Barzal!

Reactions: Bood12 and xECK29x

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I wouldn't want him here as coach again, but I'd definitely be interested in him as a GM. For years he would hint in press conferences that he needed more talent up front. I certainly wouldn't want another NHL retread as GM. I'd like to see someone new that has a ton of experience in other front office roles or in coaching.
Agree there, I think a GM role he would do

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Different type of players. We need to stop trying to turn Barzal into a goal scorer, it was never his game. He needs pure sniping finishers with hockey sense.
I don't think we need to turn him into a goal scorer, but his mentality is making him too predictable. He can't keep opposing teams honest when everyone in the building knows he's going to either pass or curl back all over the ice until he runs out of room.

Reactions: MJF

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I don't think we need to turn him into a goal scorer, but his mentality is making him too predictable. He can't keep opposing teams honest when everyone in the building knows he's going to either pass or curl back all over the ice until he runs out of room.
Which is why I said wingers with hockey sense so Barzal doesn’t have to carry so much.

Also thank you Rangers let’s go Stars (or not I guess)

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
upw96.gif

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
end of the day, we need talent. broken record everytime I say it. this team cannot ride with a team that scores more than 4 goals a night now. they cant get into a dogfight at all.

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
The window for this group has most definitely closed.

They should be sellers at the TDL. I wouldn’t mind getting a guy like Meier but since when does that happen on the Island? Even that worries me since one player doesn’t fix this and acquiring him would blow up our asset pool.

They need to build through the draft and that’s not gonna be a quick fix.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Where is Lou? Where is ownership? Someone needs to come talk to the fan base that isn’t Lane. Someone needs to take accountability for this mess.

Reactions: Lek and MJF

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
The window for this group has most definitely closed.

They should be sellers at the TDL. I wouldn’t mind getting a guy like Meier but since when does that happen on the Island? Even that worries me since one player doesn’t fix this and acquiring him would blow up our asset pool.

They need to build through the draft and that’s not gonna be a quick fix.
whats the point of the draft when these guys just flub all the time? we need goal scorers and wingers in the pool? nah lets get more defensemen. I hope the isles go up in the draft and get a stab at Michkov. please.

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007
Where is Lou? Where is ownership? Someone needs to come talk to the fan base that isn’t Lane. Someone needs to take accountability for this mess.
what do you want them to say? I am sure the excuse will be the same we had injuries this year we were doing well until the injuries....we still believe in this group if we didn't get injured we would be winning more games

I mean that is what he would say I bet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad