GDT: GDT: #49 New York Islanders at Toronto Maple Leafs | January 23rd | 7:30 PM | F/5-2 L

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
i know the coach wants to win games but disappointing to see Raty/Holmstrom barely see the ice. Plus they never had the puck so tough to develop young players when the team sh*ts the bed like that - brutal in every way. Even Sorokin looked mortal.

They started well, had some jump, and seemed hit a brick wall.

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Also thank you Rangers let’s go Stars (or not I guess)
Please take to the Around the NHL thread ;)

In all seriousness though, following the scores around the league like that means anything with this team is somehow more depressing than just accepting that they need to rebuild

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Lanes press conferences are deplorable

I feel for him. Rookie coach. Been delivered a bad hand. Where is the 40 year vet GM? Why can’t he address the media? He’s the HoF’er. Looks more like hes hiding from accountability.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Where this team is right now compared to the Devils or Canes just makes me feel depressed.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
I’m still trying to figure out how Bailey is dressing ahead of the kids
There is some veteran preference that’s going to go to some of these guys. As isles jettison some of these players doing it right way is important. Bailey is guy who has played over 1000 games and had his moments. It goes for Parise, mayfield and even maybe Varly as they looks to get some picks.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Where is Lou? Where is ownership? Someone needs to come talk to the fan base that isn’t Lane. Someone needs to take accountability for this mess.
Any press conference from ownership outside of firing Lou will be received poorly. They can't come out and shit on their currently employed GM, and any vote of confidence will cause a riot from the fanbase.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
I could easily see Lane getting fired.

It would get the spotlight off Lou, at least briefly.
quite the opposite- would put spotlight squarely on Lou.
So they pay a third coach this season? Trotz is still getting paid. That would mean Mclean takes over which uhhhhh is uninspiring
yes. Paying 3 coaches and admitting a mistake. Lane ain’t gettin canned.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
did this woman on MSG seriously say they finished strong?

LMAO

my god this staff is a trainwreck. MSG might as well be on mute.

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
If Lane is getting fired, it will be at the break....hell, if anything ids getting done, it will be at the break, but hell, we know that nothing is getting done, so that too will be done at the break.

Oh....and so tired of listening to Butchie telling us how good we played and good spots and blah, blah, blah....I am really not sure what games he is watching of late but they are not of us.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
he looks like he wants to cry. He's not angry, not motivating, looks defeated & weak. I hate Tortorella but at least he has sass. Get some sass Lane!
I feel bad for him honestly. He finally gets his chance at a HC job and he has to do it with a terrible roster and a GM that has refused to fix the same holes for years.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
If Lane is getting fired, it will be at the break....hell, if anything ids getting done, it will be at the break, but hell, we know that nothing is getting done, so that too will be done at the break.

Oh....and so tired of listening to Butchie telling us how good we played and good spots and blah, blah, blah....I am really not sure what games he is watching of late but they are not of us.
I feel like Lambert is getting the short end of the stick man. the dude is working with a roster that ain't doing well.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island

Lane isn’t being fired but if he was it’s poor taste to fire someone on a road trip.

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
I feel like Lambert is getting the short end of the stick man. the dude is working with a roster that ain't doing well.
Yes, to a degree....but this team is a mess on the ice and it is basically (past the last few weeks) the same team that in the past has at least looked like they are a hockey team.

Reactions: Osakahaus

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
Ownership recently stated they have full trust in Lou. The best we can hope for is he retains his presidency, and hires the best GM available.

As for the season playing out, they are closer to Bedard than a playoff run. The former would be the best thing for this franchise coming out of this season and the current state of half the core aging out of their primes.

Reactions: Osakahaus

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Yes, to a degree....but this team is a mess on the ice and it is basically (past the last few weeks) the same team that in the past has at least looked like they are a hockey team.
that too. From October-November to December-January is just a radically different team. this team is playing out like the Sabres or Weight teams. What do we do?

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
what do you want them to say? I am sure the excuse will be the same we had injuries this year we were doing well until the injuries....we still believe in this group if we didn't get injured we would be winning more games

I mean that is what he would say I bet.
Probably so. And Ledecky would just say Lou was GM of the Year twice as recently as 2 years ago.

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
I feel bad for him honestly. He finally gets his chance at a HC job and he has to do it with a terrible roster and a GM that has refused to fix the same holes for years.
To me it just shows what a great job Trotz did. When pajama boy left we were picked to be a basement dweller but went to two conference finals. Don't think our talent scares anyone on the ice.

With our contracts, farm system and age we this roster seems handcuffed for the next few years. It would take some real creative GM maneuvers to turn this around in the next few years. (and yes I am usually; the optimist)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad