GDT: GDT: #49 New York Islanders at Toronto Maple Leafs | January 23rd | 7:30 PM | F/5-2 L

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Agreed but after Matthew’s goal that’s 2/5 on breakaways
Pulock seemed like he was thinking about Elisha Cuthbert in The Girl Next Door while watching Auston Matthews pull away on a breakaway, then "I should probably chase him" kicked in. That's a between the ears/focus problem as much as foot speed. Auston is NOT fast.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Must be nice to have forwards who score

Yup, you mean those who hit the corners... not like our Guys with the Crest and The Glass Everytime! It's comical at this point.... Remember Lou "We Need A New Voice"? lol

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
see what happens when you have talented players?

my god this team is just getting ridden like a town bike. we have less wins than the god damn BLUE JACKETS in 2023.

Reactions: Thervguy

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
1674526312034.png

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Lou should call Trotz, bring him back since he's still under contract, admit he was wrong, extend Trotz for one more year as coach, with an additional three year extension as GM as Lou transitions to retirement next year.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I know everyone has to vent but it’s better to just log off. Go do anything else please. If you keep posting the same stuff over and over you will be hit with points for spam.

Talking about changes to be made or how to improve the roster or team is fine in the rumors thread, not the GDT.

• Haha
Reactions: BTP

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Lou should call Trotz, bring him back since he's still under contract, admit he was wrong, extend Trotz for one more year as coach, with an additional three year extension as GM as Lou transitions to retirement next year.
Trotz is watching the Leafs and hoping they will get knocked out in the 1st or 2nd round because if they do I will bet anything he will be coaching them next year

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
I know everyone has to vent but it’s better to just log off. Go do anything else please. If you keep posting the same stuff over and over you will be hit with points for spam.

Talking about changes to be made or how to improve the roster or team is fine in the rumors thread, not the GDT.
So now we are not allowed to comment too much?
I See, Ok
Gotcha...

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I'm really happy Lou fired one of the greatest coaches in NHL history and wasn't even remotely interested in the top forward UFA. I don't even know how to fix the team at this point.
what can they even do? they're locked into bad contracts, they have no wiggle room, they have too many underperformers, and they still don't trust the younger players. just feels like we're watching the same games on repeat. i'll give credit to Bolduc for trying. he deserves better.

warrior60

Dec 24, 2010
Hockey Town
Outside of Barzal the Islanders are a team of 3rd and 4th liners. Speaking of 4th liners,
the "Identity"line is living off of their past glory, that line has been passed it's expiration date
for the last two years. They were special once. They need to be broken up. This season is a lost
cause, Lambert needs to start experimenting a bit with the lines.
So tried of here Barzal is the only player on this team when he has eleven goals, maybe he should watch some videos of Tavares driving the net.

Reactions: Osakahaus

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
what can they even do? they're locked into bad contracts, they have no wiggle room, they have too many underperformers, and they still don't trust the younger players. just feels like we're watching the same games on repeat. i'll give credit to Bolduc for trying. he deserves better.
Most of the contracts expire in the next two years, they really don’t need to do too much to have a major retool.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
So tried of here Barzal is the only player on this team when he has eleven goals, maybe he should watch some videos of Tavares driving the net.
Different type of players. We need to stop trying to turn Barzal into a goal scorer, it was never his game. He needs pure sniping finishers with hockey sense.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I don't see any way Lou would swallow his pride and do that. I also don't see Barry being interested. Ownership would have to extend the olive branch to Trotz and fire Lou to make that situation work.

I don't think having Barry as the GM/President is the worst idea though. He knows this roster better than anyone and I would trust his decision making on personnel way more than Lou at this point.

Reactions: beach

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad