GDT: GDT: #49 New York Islanders at Toronto Maple Leafs | January 23rd | 7:30 PM | F/5-2 L

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
This team needs Fletcher from "whiplash" to teach these idiots to play defense again. What the hell happened from 2022 to now?

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
it's not just slow foot-speed, it's slow to react/read the plays. How many odd-man rushes and breakaways can you give up?! Even the Leafs' slow players are bolting around the defense. I'm not sure if this is lack of skill, speed, focus, effort, all of the above?

Has Lou EVER made deadline deals? buying or selling?

Pageau and Palmieri

Reactions: MarsTBOW

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Serious question.

Can you change your screen ID name while keeping your stated historical start date and number of posts on this site?

Every now and then someone comes out of the woodwork with numerous daily posts yet that screen name was nowhere to be found in the last year(s) and the original date for that name may be 10 or more years ago.

I don’t think that’s my imagination. There should be an easy fix to eliminate that.

• Haha
Reactions: BayStBullies

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Half effort and lazy on Clears and Dump in's for line changes... I've seen way to much of that for years now... Mayfield does that a lot. I miss that slap shot out of the zone on the P.K. that Manchuck used to do from time to time. Made the other team Duck!!!!

Abradolf Lincler

Emancipating your inferior genes
Nov 16, 2011
NC
E44679D9-1A7F-416C-8CFC-1FA420D6B7C6.gif

Every time I see the leafs in transition against us

Reactions: SI90 and MarsTBOW

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I wonder if you were saying this when they were winning, oh wait, I don’t remember an account with this name then. Cool it we get it.
When they're winning? I doubt these idiots can win a game. My guy even if they win, he still needs to GTFO. They don't win games nicely at all.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Just when I felt a tinge of hope with Pelech and Palms’ return.

To be honest 5v5 they are outplaying them. Analytics are in their favour. They have outchanced them. More high danger chances. Just too many lapses. Brutal play by Mayfield. Bad play by Beau. Pelech letting a puck over his head. They just can’t seem to make it all work.

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
I knew this fall in the standings was coming but to hold out some hope, is there anything
That can be done to save the team ? A voice change can’t make up for overpriced contracts .They had some chances in this game but To paraphrase what Arbour once said “ I can teach them to check but can’t teach them to score” and the only scorers you are going to find on the market is going to have to come through the draft. So they’ve got to decide if they want to chase their tail for the next decade or bite the bullet for a few years and come back younger , faster and hopefully stronger .

Reactions: MarsTBOW

LAIslanderFan

Nov 18, 2010
Los Angeles, CA & Surprise, AZ
I knew this fall in the standings was coming but to hold out some hope, is there anything
That can be done to save the team ? A voice change can’t make up for overpriced contracts .They had some chances in this game but To paraphrase what Arbour once said “ I can teach them to check but can’t teach them to score” and the only scorers you are going to find on the market is going to have to come through the draft. So they’ve got to decide if they want to chase their tail for the next decade or bite the bullet for a few years and come back younger , faster and hopefully stronger .
They probably should have started the rebuild 2 years ago, but better late than never!

Reactions: MJF and Osakahaus

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
I’ll trade outcomes.
Eh. I’d rather have a better pick than getting shit on in the first round of the playoffs if you know that’s the end result. And with the Leafs that’s almost as good a bet as Bailey turning the puck over during an extended stay in the offensive zone

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
f*** it. If we’re gonna punt the year go all out and get Bedard!!! Lol

I’m stupid though I still want playoffs
This team sucks and would get destroyed in like 5 games in the first round like the '03-07 teams if they somehow miraculously got dragged into the playoffs via the 2nd wild card.

Just accept it, hope the GM is smart enough to sell off whatever pieces he can, and plan for changes in the offseason. The more he sells off and accepts defeat this season, the more ammo we'll have to make moves during the offseason.

Reactions: Ishkabible and SI90

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad