GDT: Game 63: Columbus at Chicago | 3/6 8PM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Oh for god sakes. Talk of differentiating cup winners vs playoff teams? Come on man.

You're going all theoretical physics and 10 gets ya 20 the conversations between GM and JD never got beyond algebra.

Making the playoffs is the goal. Winning a playoff game makes them the most successful duo in franchise history. Our odds of doing that are lower than they were yesterday morning.

And here I am with low expectations.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
I'm in Nashville taking in the preds and blues. Glad I'm not forced to watch us tonight. Hopefully they show up when I'm here Saturday night again.

Off topic. The blues look nearly invincible with miller in net now. Definitely my cup pick

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Yeah, don't get me started on that. I'm pretty unhappy with THAT step backwards.

Not to get off topic, but I will try to relate that to tonight.

Can you imagine not being able to watch tonight's game? I know its a stinker, but we can still watch it on tv. And discuss it. Not so with what the Crew did.

I always thought that if a team were to telecast their games, at least do every away game, and don't telecast any home games, that way if you want to see a game in NWA you pay for it, it seems only fair.

I wonder if the Jackets did that, by televising all away and no home games, if it might spike attendance.

The Blackhawks had a real odd tv deal a few years ago, but nothing like the Crew has now.

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
Slipping away? As of when? They're getting reamed in one game, weren't they in playoff position less than two hours ago? I'm not happy with this performance either, but I don't see the season as over because of it.
This started in the 2nd period of the Dallas game with the 1 shot period. Theyre lucky Dallas had a terrible 1st period otherwise they lose that game. I dont like how theyre playing, they barely held on in Toronto as well and this was how they looked in NJ as well. With the lackluster trade deadline that did not improve the team, that doesnt bode well.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
If 2 periods are any indication, "protect the future of the franchise" could join "it starts now", "Hitchcock hockey is Blue Jackets hockey", and "I wouldn't trade my roster for the Red Wings'" in terms of snarky things Blue Jackets fans say when things get bad.

Ah well. Expected a loss tonight. Didn't expect this tire fire. Need 3 points in the next 2 games to stay with the pack.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Good thing I switched viewing to something more reliable. Team wants to talk playoffs? Show you belong. Walk the walk if you want to talk. It's all talk and no action, just like the past.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
If 2 periods are any indication, "protect the future of the franchise" could join "it starts now", "Hitchcock hockey is Blue Jackets hockey", and "I wouldn't trade my roster for the Red Wings'" in terms of snarky things Blue Jackets fans say when things get bad.

The potential is there.

nhldiedinthe90s*

who farted lol
Sep 23, 2013
Horton a -3 but to be fair, he's broken his streak of taking one minor penalty per game in a critical situation.

20 minutes to go but considering the game is over I guess the streak is broken. Kudos Nate.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Slipping away? As of when? They're getting reamed in one game, weren't they in playoff position less than two hours ago? I'm not happy with this performance either, but I don't see the season as over because of it.

They were in the playoff discussion and have played themselves right out of it. A significant even happened between this game and the last, or at least it did for a lot of teams in direct competition with the Jackets for playoff spots. If they came out playing competent hockey with a little moxie to keep their 3 game win streak on the line and lost a tough one on the road, it'd be one thing.

But they're playing like pig**** and it's not easy to imagine the dud of a trade deadline day and this performance aren't connected.

One thing's for sure in my mind, we were in the playoffs on trade deadline day. We got worse on that day. If we miss the playoffs, there's no way we'll be able to think management tried the best they could to get help the team out this year.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
They were in the playoff discussion and have played themselves right out of it. A significant even happened between this game and the last, or at least it did for a lot of teams in direct competition with the Jackets for playoff spots. If they came out playing competent hockey with a little moxie to keep their 3 game win streak on the line and lost a tough one on the road, it'd be one thing.

But they're playing like pig**** and it's not easy to imagine the dud of a trade deadline day and this performance aren't connected.

Completely agree, I mean its not like they are playing defending Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks, who have more than their share of stars, top 5 team in the league, and on home ice where they have rarely lost this year.

The Jackets are done. This one game tells all. JK should be fired right now, etc etc

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite

Believe me when I say this, the trade deadline was an absolute kick in the nuts to this squad. To a man, they were expecting to add (and i don't mean Frattin and Schultz).

Jorge

Actor,Comedian,Drunk
Jan 11, 2011
Clintonville
Streaky team with depleted D corps smote righteously by former divisional stepbrother. Nothing shocking, but disappointing. Just gonna have to come up big Saturday.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
I am 100% certain Marian Gaborik would have scored 5 goals and we would have won this game. No doubt about it.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY

Ah well. Expected a loss tonight. Didn't expect this tire fire. Need 3 points in the next 2 games to stay with the pack.

General manager DM said "I wouldn't trade my roster for the Red Wings'" first.... but he was a fan too.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Gaborik would have been absolutely no help tonight. The things we're not able to do tonight, he's not known for being able to do either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad