GDT: Game 63: Columbus at Chicago | 3/6 8PM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nhldiedinthe90s*

who farted lol
Sep 23, 2013
I am 100% certain Marian Gaborik would have scored 5 goals and we would have won this game. No doubt about it.

When Chicago is on we lose 19/20, with or without Gabby. No doubt.

But the manifestation of the fact that we just got worse in the midst of an exciting playoff push is very, very disappointing to watch.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Yeesh.

Best thing about this game? It wasn't one of those 10:30 games so you likely only stayed up 30 minutes longer than you usually would have.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
When Chicago is on we lose 19/20, with or without Gabby. No doubt.

But the manifestation of the fact that we just got worse in the midst of an exciting playoff push is very, very disappointing to watch.

I wasn't pleased with the trade either, but its still too soon to say if we got better/worse without Gaborik. Sure, we got less talented. But he didn't exactly show that talent here.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Horton a -3 but to be fair, he's broken his streak of taking one minor penalty per game in a critical situation.

20 minutes to go but considering the game is over I guess the streak is broken. Kudos Nate.

Well at least he took a dumb penalty that lead to a goal, not an important goal, but at least a goal. He's my new Gaborik/Klesla/Modin/Vyborny

nhldiedinthe90s*

who farted lol
Sep 23, 2013
Guys. Horton is not good.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Horton gave a sick, manly motivational talk in the intermission. He's got grit. Don't you get that?

If gabby was here he'd have blared some feminine Euro trance music in total apathy.

Horton has grit.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
One thing that disappoints me more than the scoreboard, it seems like they have quit on mcBackup. He's on an island. This feels like old CBJ under Nash. They look like they've quit.

No, I didn't say they are the old CBJ. I said they are looking like it right now.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Gaborik would have been absolutely no help tonight. The things we're not able to do tonight, he's not known for being able to do either.

No one can help this team tonite. This is the worst I have seen them play in a long time.

Let's hope that they are letting in all the goals tonight and are back playing good defensive minded hockey on Saturday. Get all the bad hockey out all at once, I'd say. Get embarrassed then come out with an attitude against Darth Vader

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
As long as Jarmo avoids trades and free agent signings going forward, I think we have ourselves a heck of a GM!

Man, if we made assumptions like that a year and a few months after each GM we hired, Howson would be a genius.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
One thing that disappoints me more than the scoreboard, it seems like they have quit on mcBackup. He's on an island. This feels like old CBJ under Nash. They look like they've quit.

No, I didn't say they are the old CBJ. I said they are looking like it right now.

Kind of like old timers night tonight

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Thing about Horton, he was known to disappear during the regular season. It's the playoff's where he takes it to another level. Thing is, if we can't make it in then we can't see why we brought in Horton. This sounds similar to Pahlsson. A lot(including myself) were saying Pahlsson might seem useless but he comes up big in the playoffs. We didn't make the playoffs in his 3 years in Columbus. Hopefully we make the playoffs at least once while Horton is here.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
The overreaction from playing the reigning Stanley Cup champions in their ****ing barn is crazy. Did anyone honestly expect to win this game? If it's a blowout, good, it'll wake their ***** up for tomorrow.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I don't. 2 new players into the lineup. Only 1 has actually skated with the team prior to the game. A defense that can't really afford to have Jack Johnson playing 30 minutes a night every night. Still haven't played a solid 60 minutes since the Olympic break ended even though they've won 3 in a row.

I somehow feel that tonight Chicago shows why they won the cup last year.

I guess my suspicions were right tonight. :(

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
The overreaction from playing the reigning Stanley Cup champions in their ****ing barn is crazy. Did anyone honestly expect to win this game? If it's a blowout, good, it'll wake their ***** up for tomorrow.

we can only hope this is the result, it would be great if that were to happen

on to saturday I say

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad