GDT: Game 63: Columbus at Chicago | 3/6 8PM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
But losing like that, really shows how far behind we are from the elite teams in this league. That is discouraging.

Yeah but it was their 3rd game in 4 nights. Of course they'd be out of energy before the game even started.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Guys. Horton is not good.

I'm frustrated with him, but he was a great player as recent as last year. A fair assessment really can't be done until next season, as much as we want it yesterday. He's coming back from a horrific injury that affects every aspect of his game. Hitting, fighting, shooting the puck, etc. I have confidence he will come back strong next year. The hands are there, the legs aren't and he's in his own head about the shoulder, he doesn't trust it 100%.. Unfortunately, we have to give him until next season before piling on.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
I'm frustrated with him, but he was a great player as recent as last year. A fair assessment really can't be done until next season, as much as we want it yesterday. He's coming back from a horrific injury that affects every aspect of his game. Hitting, fighting, shooting the puck, etc. I have confidence he will come back strong next year. The hands are there, the legs aren't and he's in his own head about the shoulder, he doesn't trust it 100%.. Unfortunately, we have to give him until next season before piling on.

We don't often agree, but I do agree on this. As someone who's had a major shoulder injury previously (although nowhere near the extent of Horton's), I can understand completely the almost paralyzing fear that can go along with it even after being cleared. With other injuries, it's something where the pain might intensify and subside. With shoulders, the number of muscles and amount of connective tissue can play games with your mind.

Every time there's stiffness in the shoulder, it's not because there's a tight muscle, it's because a tendon is pulling away. Every time you take a normal motion and feel something the slightest bit off, it must be because the joint is tearing apart. Every time there's a warm feeling, it must be a blood clot; every time there's a pang of pain, it must be a pinched nerve; every time there's a click, it must be the labrum starting to fray; every time there's a pop, it must be a partial dislocation. Just working through that mental aspect is a long process, trumped only by recovery from a concussion.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009

As much as he is frustrating me with his poor play and penalties, you are spot on.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC

As much as he is frustrating me with his poor play and penalties, you are spot on.

We don't often agree, but I do agree on this.

I agree.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Regarding Horton, I remember reading from Bruins fans that Horton could be a floater during the regular season but turned into a beast during the playoffs. We need him to be in playoff mode now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad