GDT: Game 63: Columbus at Chicago | 3/6 8PM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
We just had a pathetic trade deadline day where they chose to "protect the future" and forget about the present.

They weren't buyers, they weren't sellers. They are in wait and see mode. Seriously, do you think this team could challenge for the cup? Isn't that our goal? trading Gaborik let us build for the future, while still keeping the group mostly the same for our playoff run. To me, id rather go on cup runs than playoff runs, but we're not there yet. I'll accept a playoff run, which is what they're doing, but they're nowhere close to SCF contenders.

CBJfan4evr

Mar 8, 2008
New Albany
Bad game. Haven't seen one like this for quite awhile.

Yep I agree, this one long gone... Leaves me to ponder a few things...

• Strange how we play in the east but a large number of the last 25% of the season is played against western conference teams.
  • Wonder when Horton will assert himself?
  • Guess Gobueluf will suit up in Nashville??

thebus2288*

Wiz is like a ****ing lazy beer league d man in front of his net. Half the goals that are scored against us when he's out there he has a play on the puck but his stick wont even be on the ****ing ice.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Season tickets are going up in price next season right? So with that said, fans in Columbus see's their GM trade away a star because they didn't want to lose him for nothing. Acquire a insignificant defensemen, even if we needed help on the back end. Then if we miss out in the playoffs again, would season tickets sales decrease? Any chance they change their minds and have back to the same price as this year? Or even with the price hike, fans will come?

Haha. Gaborik a star. Thats funny

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
We just had a pathetic trade deadline day where they chose to "protect the future" and forget about the present.

And we've seen less than two periods of truly terrible hockey and some are writing off the season? This game? Probably, but no need to make it bigger than it is. Chicago has been playing poorly, recently, but they're still a very good team.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
The players are going to have put more into this playoff chase than JK put into the trade deadline. Just because this was going to be a tough game to win doesn't mean this performance is even remotely acceptable. I'm generally not one to cliff-jump, but geronimo

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
Seeing that we are now in the East, at least we don't get blown out by Chicago six times a year.

So, which Jacket stands up tonight and says I ain't gonna take this anymore?

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
They weren't buyers, they weren't sellers. They are in wait and see mode. Seriously, do you think this team could challenge for the cup? Isn't that our goal? trading Gaborik let us build for the future, while still keeping the group mostly the same for our playoff run. To me, id rather go on cup runs than playoff runs, but we're not there yet. I'll accept a playoff run, which is what they're doing, but they're nowhere close to SCF contenders.

I sure as hell expected management to try. Management appreciates your low expectations

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Season tickets are going up in price next season right? So with that said, fans in Columbus see's their GM trade away a star because they didn't want to lose him for nothing. Acquire a insignificant defensemen, even if we needed help on the back end. Then if we miss out in the playoffs again, would season tickets sales decrease? Any chance they change their minds and have back to the same price as this year? Or even with the price hike, fans will come?

Too soon for that, this is only one game... That said, if the CBJ don't get the blue line under control soon the team might struggle to compete in the playoff hunt... I'm sort of concerned because we are so close to making the playoffs and it appears our defense depth is not adequate to cover injuries...

Last edited:

nhldiedinthe90s*

who farted lol
Sep 23, 2013

Oh for god sakes. Talk of differentiating cup winners vs playoff teams? Come on man.

You're going all theoretical physics and 10 gets ya 20 the conversations between GM and JD never got beyond algebra.

Making the playoffs is the goal. Winning a playoff game makes them the most successful duo in franchise history. Our odds of doing that are lower than they were yesterday morning.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Avs just tied it up with the Wings. Reduced to rooting for other teams to beat teams near the Jackets in the standings. One of those kind of nights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad