Post-Game Talk: GAME 6 - 6-0-0 - BRUINS 3 Chicago 0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Man all this emphasis on "yeah they're 6-0 but look at who they're playing" by media. Negative Nancys.

You still have to win those "gimme" games against lesser teams!!!

Also, 7 goals allowed in 6 games is also proof that this team is a defensive horse.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Man all this emphasis on "yeah they're 6-0 but look at who they're playing" by media. Negative Nancys.

You still have to win those "gimme" games against lesser teams!!!

Also, 7 goals allowed in 6 games is also proof that this team is a defensive horse.
Avs and Vegas are both undefeated, but they also haven't had a very hard schedule either. That's what good teams do though, they don't lose the easier ones.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
In fairness, it was Corey Perry. Not exactly a speedster at this point.

But the kid is good, no taking that away and we NEED him, even if he makes a mistake here or there.
To be honest I'm seeing a lot more mistakes from seasoned veterans than I am from Poitras. Hockey is pretty much a game of mistakes.

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site
Trade a goalie? Forget it . . . quality goaltending like these two provide results in wins and a successful season.
Yeah I’m with this. These two mesh so well together, I would be trying to work out matching extensions at a reasonable cap hit for the two of them if possible.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
https://epaper.bostonglobe.com/get_image.aspx?w=280&eid=18209114-2a8b-4a2f-9517-fe29681c9de7&pnum=21&lm=63833819839057

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Great for regular season success. However come playoff time it is much more valuable to have that cap allocated to everyday player.
Unless they actually rotate them in playoffs. I would play each goalie until they lose then switch it up...keeps them fresh and creates another reason to want to step your game up, although they shouldn't need one at that time.

The other luxury is how many teams can face an injury to their starter and then have a guy like Swayman come in instead of a career backup or AHLer?

Having cap space tied up to two goalies seems dumb until you watch Bussi lose a series due to inexperience.

Reactions: hrdpuk and BMC

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I know we can pick apart a lot of things about the Bs....sloppy passes, weak PP, lack of scoring, weak opposition etc

BUT.....they are 6 and 0!! .......and no matter what the schedule or the opponents that is some sort of accomplishment. It's a long season and there will be valleys but right now just smile and remember they already have 12 points
A win that wasn't pretty is still a win.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
After the way the season ended after that incredible regular season,I wasn’t sure if I could really get into this season ,having Lucic come back definitely was an incentive,but the play of the kid has definitely sparked my attention again.
How lucky we are to have these two net minders.
Lucky to have them for sure let’s just hope the coach has learned a lesson in how to handle them if injuries become an issue again .

Last edited:

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
If Poitras was a top 10 pick I think people would be calling him a potential high end #1 C. Sure looks like that could happen.

What do you consider high end #1C? Top 10 in NHL? How long until he reaches that?

There are lots of #1C that he isn't likely going to slot ahead of over the next 3 years.

McDavid, McKinnon, Hughes, Point, Matthews, Bedard, Aho, Barkov, Stutzle, Larkin, & Eichel for starters. Then you have players such as Fantilli, Carlson (Anaheim) about his age.

Then you have a few other center icemen like Suzuki, Thompson, Couzens, and Hertl you have to think will be as good or better.

Long way to go to start talking like this about him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Colt.45Orr

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Unless they actually rotate them in playoffs. I would play each goalie until they lose then switch it up...keeps them fresh and creates another reason to want to step your game up, although they shouldn't need one at that time.

The other luxury is how many teams can face an injury to their starter and then have a guy like Swayman come in instead of a career backup or AHLer?

Having cap space tied up to two goalies seems dumb until you watch Bussi lose a series due to inexperience.

What’s the difference between bussi losing a series due to inexperience versus Ullmark losing two consecutive playoff series with a save percentage in the .800’s both times?

Reactions: BBruins

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Great win on the last game of a long trip, especially early in the season.

The next game will be tougher as 1st game home always is. Then the 1st real test against an up and coming Wings team. Wings roster screams legit. Larkin and Dirty Dave Perron(very Marchand like) are great leaders.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
there was a play below the goal line in our defensive end where poitras lifted bedards stick and sealed him off into the boards that impressed me more than the goal

Really? I guess if you think making a good defensive zone play rates higher than what will be one of the top 10 goals a Bruin will score, you must really value defensive acumen a lot.

That goal was awesome and not just his puck pursuit in his own zone to CI. His finish
was as loud as you'll ever hear in hockey. As close to a slam dunk goal on a breakaway
you will see from anyone on Boston other than #88 this year.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
What’s the difference between bussi losing a series due to inexperience versus Ullmark losing two consecutive playoff series with a save percentage in the .800’s both times?
A loss is a loss, however you'd have to be smoking something strong to think Bussi gives you close to the same chance as Ullmark. I'm also willing to give the guy a break with his groin injury last year, which if anything shows the importance of a good tandem, but it's not his fault the coach didn't go with Swayman when he visibly looked off.

I cant imagine this place if we lost in the playoffs with Bussi in net after trading one of Sway/Ullmark.

Come offseason I'm all for getting rid of one of the two though.

Reactions: lopey

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Only remembered last night that Beecher was a first and Poitras a second. Yowza.

Also how are there only 5 pages in here?

GET HYPED

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad