Post-Game Talk: GAME 6 - 6-0-0 - BRUINS 3 Chicago 0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Weird game. Kinda dull until Chicago scored their disallowed goal.
Then we woke up.
The 3rd and 4th lines were impressive.
Marchy...wow is he skating good. Haven't seen that type of speed for a few years already.

Bumping Poitras to the first line was deserved. Perhaps it'll open Zacha's eyes a bit.
But maybe it'll open up the NHLs media eyes a bit as well, there's more out there than just Connor Bedard.
In fairness, I thought Sean gave Poitras some props.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I'm trying to find out Poitras vs. Bedards Faceoff %s.
I'm not sure but I believe it's MP 45.7 and CB 35.1? Is that correct?
Nhl Edge has a great chart.

They deprived us of this adorableness!

STRAIGHT TO JAIL, ESPN.

Waddle hugs!

giphy (1).gif

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
In fairness, I thought Sean gave Poitras some props.
I must've sneezed or blinked and missed it lol.

He has a super quick release with accuracy

I was fortunate to see many of Bedard's goals for the Regina Pats (our local team), and he has scored some beauties

..but he's in the NHL now and they won't come as easy
Not with that team around him. It's going to take a couple years to build them up.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Offensively this team hasn't looked as dangerous as they did for long stretches last season. However on defense and in net, this is the best team in the league right now.
Best team in the league? I hope that becomes a fact down the road, but, in all seriousness, the BRUINS have had arguably the easiest opening schedule of any team in the NHL.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Random thoughts:

- Bit of fatigue evident but enough guys stood up to get the job done, even when key players like Marchand, Pasta and Lindholm weren’t very good. That’s what you need. Can’t be the same folks carrying the team each night, spread it around.

- Even excluding the goal with the nice finish, everything about Poitras screams ‘top 6’. The way he reads the play, can slow things down, wants the puck on his stick, it’s all high IQ stuff. He doesn’t have the sheer natural physical ability of a Bedard, but his composure and the rapid way he processes the game will take him far.

- JVR is a very smart add by Sweeney. Another guy who reads the play well and just knows where to put himself to make an impact. The Bruins have been lacking around the net for so long, and having someone who’s very effective there is a huge plus.

- There are very few D pairs better at tilting the ice in the regular season than Gryz and McAvoy. Another clinic in that here.

- The 4th line perhaps didn’t really look like actually scoring, but they outshot the Blackhawks 8-1 when they were on the ice and had a 73% CF. That’s very good going for a 4th line. Getting the job done.

- Glad the early news is that Lauko is ok.
If Poitras was a top 10 pick I think people would be calling him a potential high end #1 C. Sure looks like that could happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad