Post-Game Talk: GAME 6 - 6-0-0 - BRUINS 3 Chicago 0

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Part of it came from skating next to Corey Perry lol
I was actually expecting a season ending slash on Poitras from Perry on that play. Glad it didn't happen ..hell of a goal. I had to turn the channel after Lauko got injured ..sure hope he's ok. Defense and goaltending again win the day for the most part. JVR looks solid as does Shatty. Ray Ferraro's commentary on how poor our PP is was pretty accurate, need to clean that up big time. Good game? No. Good enough? Yes.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Random thoughts:

- Bit of fatigue evident but enough guys stood up to get the job done, even when key players like Marchand, Pasta and Lindholm weren’t very good. That’s what you need. Can’t be the same folks carrying the team each night, spread it around.

- Even excluding the goal with the nice finish, everything about Poitras screams ‘top 6’. The way he reads the play, can slow things down, wants the puck on his stick, it’s all high IQ stuff. He doesn’t have the sheer natural physical ability of a Bedard, but his composure and the rapid way he processes the game will take him far.

- JVR is a very smart add by Sweeney. Another guy who reads the play well and just knows where to put himself to make an impact. The Bruins have been lacking around the net for so long, and having someone who’s very effective there is a huge plus.

- There are very few D pairs better at tilting the ice in the regular season than Gryz and McAvoy. Another clinic in that here.

- The 4th line perhaps didn’t really look like actually scoring, but they outshot the Blackhawks 8-1 when they were on the ice and had a 73% CF. That’s verySo good going for a 4th line. Getting the job done.

- Glad the early news is that Lauko is ok.
So Bergy and Poitras were 2 nd round picks. Crosby and Bedard 1st rounders. I'm very happy with our Second Round Picks!

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Random thoughts:

- Bit of fatigue evident but enough guys stood up to get the job done, even when key players like Marchand, Pasta and Lindholm weren’t very good. That’s what you need. Can’t be the same folks carrying the team each night, spread it around.

- Even excluding the goal with the nice finish, everything about Poitras screams ‘top 6’. The way he reads the play, can slow things down, wants the puck on his stick, it’s all high IQ stuff. He doesn’t have the sheer natural physical ability of a Bedard, but his composure and the rapid way he processes the game will take him far.

- JVR is a very smart add by Sweeney. Another guy who reads the play well and just knows where to put himself to make an impact. The Bruins have been lacking around the net for so long, and having someone who’s very effective there is a huge plus.

- There are very few D pairs better at tilting the ice in the regular season than Gryz and McAvoy. Another clinic in that here.

- The 4th line perhaps didn’t really look like actually scoring, but they outshot the Blackhawks 8-1 when they were on the ice and had a 73% CF. That’s very good going for a 4th line. Getting the job done.

- Glad the early news is that Lauko is ok.
Great points all.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
He pulled away from everyone to score that goal. He has wheels.
Bedard will be stifled by the Blackhawks' lack of talent, and with Hall on the IL, that won't help him either.

Pucks, sticks and skates. Three important items for playing hockey, but, at the same time, three dangerous weapons that can end a player's career in heartbeat.
Hockey players are just a different breed.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Weird game. Kinda dull until Chicago scored their disallowed goal.
Then we woke up.
The 3rd and 4th lines were impressive.
Marchy...wow is he skating good. Haven't seen that type of speed for a few years already.

Bumping Poitras to the first line was deserved. Perhaps it'll open Zacha's eyes a bit.
But maybe it'll open up the NHLs media eyes a bit as well, there's more out there than just Connor Bedard.

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
It's funny but prior to his solo rush goal I thought Poitras was having a bad rookie night but this kid has such game changing ability and we so need that. Amazing start. Has to stay.

Two garbage periods and a dominated third so we are 6-0 but the way we are playing I could just as easily see us being 6-6 after 12. We're just not that good, but have been just good enough (against weak opposition). Weird season so far.

Just hope Lauko's okay.
Offensively this team hasn't looked as dangerous as they did for long stretches last season. However on defense and in net, this is the best team in the league right now.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
It's funny but prior to his solo rush goal I thought Poitras was having a bad rookie night but this kid has such game changing ability and we so need that. Amazing start. Has to stay.

Two garbage periods and a dominated third so we are 6-0 but the way we are playing I could just as easily see us being 6-6 after 12. We're just not that good, but have been just good enough (against weak opposition). Weird season so far.

Just hope Lauko's okay.

Montgomery's teams have an uncanny ability to get wins while putting in performances that seem average or even outright poor. How often did the Bs bank points last season that they seemed to have no business getting? Seeing early signs of that again this year, although I think in this particular game the team did quite enough to ease past a weak opponent.

This team just finds ways to win. Not pretending that they'll do that again as often as they did last year, but it's definitely ceased being surprising or possible to put down to sheer luck how often they get the job done when they're not at their best. Exceptional goal tending is a big part of it, but not everything.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
awesome. He’s always smiling. I’m sure he’ll post some goofy meme on twitter on the plane.

I just love the way he plays
1698206222609.jpeg

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I'm trying to find out Poitras vs. Bedards Faceoff %s.
I'm not sure but I believe it's MP 45.7 and CB 35.1? Is that correct?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad