GDT: Game 42 - Philadelphia Flyers @ Winnipeg Jets - Saturday, January 13th, 2024 - 6:00pm CST - CITYTV - CJOB/Power 97

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I have not seen even one game in January yet. This is killing me! Especially because this has probably been the most exciting time to be a Jets fan in several years.
Does anyone have a suggestion of how best to watch from the US?
No games in January? No watching games for you anymore sir. :naughty:

I'd rather take a jets hot tub on a weekend like this.
No kidding, a hot tub would be great. Gotta wear a toque though, the hair freezes in this weather.:nod:

Reactions: Stumbledore

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sep 30, 2016
Sorry to @Jets 31 and @Mad Dog Tannen for disappointing you. I thought it would be cute to avoid saying 'thesis' but obviously no one made the connection since I'm the only one here obsessing over it. While monitoring HFJets. While having a slow text chat with my baby sister back in Kits who is stayed in bed til noon and can't believe how cold it is there (yep, -7C is bad there). While reading parts of the thesis again and making notes (again) on what parts I will likely have to defend and how. And reminding myself that a large portion of HFJets-ers have already gone through the medieval torture of thesis defence.

Now, back to not mentioning you-know-what in here again for several months.

I only have a Bachelor's degree so I never had to defend a thesis.

I guess I wasn't smart enough to get my doctorate :sarcasm:

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Bit worried about no Scheifele but hope we can get the W!

Don’t worry - we still have Schmidt 88 mph

1705180118145.gif

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
I won't be there - no way am I going to subject anyone seeing me in a bathing suit. I think it's actually against the Geneva Convention...

Hmmmm. I just meant make a jets hot take in a thread on the sight and defend it against the group. This really took an unexpected left turn into a hot tub. lol.

If you want to post in your swim trunks you do you man.

And don’t be so hard on yourself. There’s always a buyer for a seller George.

@Buffdog dm’d me this gif after reading your post.

1705180361859.gif

GeorgeJETson

Sep 30, 2016
Hmmmm. I just meant make a jets hot take in a thread on the sight and defend it against the group. This really took an unexpected left turn into a hot tub. lol.

If you want to post in your swim trunks you do you man.

And don’t be so hard on yourself. There’s always a buyer for a seller George.

@Buffdog dm’d me this gif after reading your post.

View attachment 802348

Read Inanna's post about hot tub so replied to your post but forgot to copy the second.

If you can't make fun of yourself, then who can you make fun of? :laugh:

Inanna

Liberal Arts Instructor
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Barrie, ON
No games in January? No watching games for you anymore sir. :naughty:

No kidding, a hot tub would be great. Gotta wear a toque though, the hair freezes in this weather.:nod:
Yeah, I discovered that last winter when my then-BF and I were invited to a hot tub party. My hair was t length back then but it's off my shoulders now. Unfortunately my current crowd is more proletarian and nobody owns a hot tub.

BoneDocUK

Recovering hockey fandoc
Oct 1, 2015
Flyers went 11-7 and really only ran with 3 lines last night. 1st line getting 20min plus.

You gotta think if jets roll 4 fresh lines we can tire them out get them stuck in the ice for a long shift and take advantage of errors.

Interesting we have some significant question marks on every line.

Ehlers - injured enough to not partake in practice
Perfetti - apparent wrist injury
Kupari - 1st game back, although they sent him down to AHL to prep for being on a line with Appleton
Axel jF (AKA Borgholm Hills Cop) - coming off a few days of diarrhea or something.

Should be an interesting game.

I imagine he’ll be on the PP1.

A helpful list.

If I'm Bonus I'm honestly tempted to write this up as an AHL Talent Nite and let the stars have an extra day of rest. Yeah, chasing wins and records, but this is also a PO team with a shot at going deep.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Yeah, I discovered that last winter when my then-BF and I were invited to a hot tub party. My hair was t length back then but it's off my shoulders now. Unfortunately my current crowd is more proletarian and nobody owns a hot tub.

Haha. Yeah no toque in winter is a rookie mistake.

I actually have a hot tub and we keep it running in winter as my better half typically uses it 3/4 times a week in the winter.

You couldn’t pay me to use it today in -50 with windchill. lol.

And proletariat is not a good word to use around proletariats. You’re gunna have to dumb down your vocab!

A helpful list.

If I'm Bonus I'm honestly tempted to write this up as an AHL Talent Nite and let the stars have an extra day of rest. Yeah, chasing wins and records, but this is also a PO team with a shot at going deep.

Or you wildcard it and throw in Connor way too early ! Surprise wildcard add to the line up!

1705181182994.gif

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Sorry, didn't mean to be cryptic, just trying to be cute. Somebody last fall complained, and rightly so, that they were sick of hearing me talk about my thesis. So I banned the word thesis in here.

Monday is the deadline submission for a master's thesis if you hope to graduate in May. The cliche is that all of us last minute types will spend the weekend polishing and polishing, even though everyone agrees that it serves no purpose and could actually make things worse. So, somebody somewhere coined WTF Weekend where you declare that you've done all that you can and you're going to take the weekend off, and the complement to that is people throw parties or gettogethers to help you not sneak back to your text and fiddle with it.

It would have been smarter to just say that I'm watching the game tonight with several folks who are looking more for distraction and beer than for hockey. And I'm still rejoicing at having another Saturday free after working every foxing Saturday night for so long.
Thesis mentioned 3 times in this post. No soup for you.:naughty:

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Is it permitted to ask what "t length hair" means? Normally I ask the wife to decode your feminine asides but she's out with friends right now.

Reactions: macmaroon

GeorgeJETson

Sep 30, 2016
Is it permitted to ask what "t length hair" means? Normally I ask the wife to decode your feminine asides but she's out with friends right now.

I assume it means around the shoulders (where the neck and shoulders meet, as its the shape of the letter T albeit upside down).

But that's just an uneducated guess.

Reactions: Stumbledore

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010

I assume it means around the shoulders (where the neck and shoulders meet, as its the shape of the letter T albeit upside down).

But that's just an uneducated guess.

My guess. The T is short for toilet - in that your hair is so long you have to move it aside to use the t.

Think crystal gale, you know. T-length!

1705182225998.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad