GDT: Game 42 - Philadelphia Flyers @ Winnipeg Jets - Saturday, January 13th, 2024 - 6:00pm CST - CITYTV - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
That made perfect sense, thank you! It will make me sound so much smarter (it's a low bar) while watching the game tonight with a few friends.

I really appreciate the trouble you went to, thanks!

Especially interesting since it's a Saturday game, and according to Mr. Explainer who loudly presides over the daily hockey lunch crowd, it's on Saturdays that the refs put more effort into keeping a game close as long as possible.
Oh it was no trouble at all. Plenty of time. I've been a good boy all week so the boss of the household doesn't even have a Honey Do list for me this weekend. The snow is cleared, the larder is full and my far far better half has decided she has no desire to drive into the city today.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
The Jets have had a nasty habit of reporting injuries as "day-to-day" and then players are out for a couple weeks.
Jets are no worse than most teams. Truth is often teams have no idea when a player will actually be ready to return to play. In Scheifele's case he likely tweaked a groin or hamstring and they will be relying on his status reports each day on how he is feeling. So really all you can say is day by day as predicting recovery time is nothing more than a guess. The best way to get an idea if it is actually day by day is to watch if the team removes the player from the active roster or not. So far the Jets haven't with Scheifele.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Just For Fun (and if I have the stamina to do it) me and Mort are going to watch every shift of Appleton and see what results. I see him giving the puck away, failing to clear and losing board battles consistently, whereas Mort doesn't.

Well examine each battle and possession tonight to see what the impact of Appleton is.

:laugh: I'll do my best, but its hard on TV and I'm not the best observer. Too much puck watching. Getting my excuses ready early.

• Haha
Reactions: Jet

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
We are in a good place to be cautious and let players heal up. We only have 1 game in the next week after tonight. After tonight we play Tuesday and then not again until next Saturday.
Yeah and if you are going to have a "scheduled loss", better against an Eastern conference team it won't have as much impact on the standings. Jets have banked more than enough points in the last month.

I'm going to the game tonight and I've been to 3 wins in a row, I'm probably due for a loss. But I'd love to see the streak extended longer.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Unfortunately my brother made this the day he wanted to attend an NFL playoff game…in Kansas City…so I’ll be freezing my ass off at 7:00 instead of cheering on the Jets on my warm couch. This game is winnable but there can be no mistakes. Steal this one 1-0 and recover back to full strength!
how often u get to do that in KC really (i guess as long as Mahomes is there :laugh:) vs a regular season Jets game
enjoy!

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
It's good to have a scapegoat ready and waiting at least.

Drag them into the mud and suffocate them
Face first in a snowbank

Here’s where we really test our depth….
The fact that 55 is out might just make this team dig a little deeper to win than previous editions of the Jets might have, where they'd expect to lose so wouldn't show up.

The rallying cry might be "Let's win one for Bambi's balls".:D

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
All of the ingredients for a loss are baked into this game. It will be a real test for the boys. It will be interesting for sure…….

100% even with full health this game was going to be tough, as this is the hardest opponent they have faced in almost 2 weeks. The only thing going is that Philly did play last night, against Minny of all teams so it would have been no walk in the park physically. Coming from that game to -30 windchill will hopefully be demotivating for the Flyers.

JetsFan815

Replacement Level Poster
Jan 16, 2012
I'm excited to see what they do with the Filipino heritage night. Hopefully, it's a lot of fun for everyone going. LFG Jets!

Odd they are doing it tonight instead of against the Stars or the Leafs where the Robertson brothers play. Is there someone with Filipino heritage on the Flyers?

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Bones mentioned Perfetti is nursing a wrist so he hasn’t wanted him taking faceoffs
1705175422985.jpeg

Reactions: PaulPooley

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Kupari centering 3rd line. With Nino and AHLppleton

NHL Jets tweeted projected lines.

Lowry centering 1st. Kupari on 3rd. No other changes.
That's probably the best way to set things up -
Will be interesting to see how Kupari works out on the 3rd and I like that they are leaving the 2nd line alone -
The second line should get a bunch of ice time unless Bones is just trying to D everything down until we get more offence back in the lineup.
As for Lowry, go to the net - let Ehlers do his thing

Reactions: Mad Dog Tannen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad