GDT: Game 42 - Philadelphia Flyers @ Winnipeg Jets - Saturday, January 13th, 2024 - 6:00pm CST - CITYTV - CJOB/Power 97

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inanna

Liberal Arts Instructor
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Barrie, ON
Unfortunately my brother made this the day he wanted to attend an NFL playoff game…in Kansas City…so I’ll be freezing my ass off at 7:00 instead of cheering on the Jets on my warm couch. This game is winnable but there can be no mistakes. Steal this one 1-0 and recover back to full strength!
Your brother is a lucky man if you're willing to make that sacrifice for him.

I don't know what couch I will be on but I'm sure it will be warm. I'm also not sure half the people there will be the least bit interested in hockey. We're only gathering because it's WTF Weekend and we're supposed to not be left alone with our you-know-whats until Monday. I'll give the game my fullest attention and keep my fingers crossed but I won't turn on the team if we finally lose a game.

Another question for the experts: with Lowry moved up to the first line, does that mean he also plays on the PP? Or are the two unrelated?

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
That's probably the best way to set things up -
Will be interesting to see how Kupari works out on the 3rd and I like that they are leaving the 2nd line alone -
The second line should get a bunch of ice time unless Bones is just trying to D everything down until we get more offence back in the lineup.
As for Lowry, go to the net - let Ehlers do his thing
Flyers went 11-7 and really only ran with 3 lines last night. 1st line getting 20min plus.

You gotta think if jets roll 4 fresh lines we can tire them out get them stuck in the ice for a long shift and take advantage of errors.

Interesting we have some significant question marks on every line.

Ehlers - injured enough to not partake in practice
Perfetti - apparent wrist injury
Kupari - 1st game back, although they sent him down to AHL to prep for being on a line with Appleton
Axel jF (AKA Borgholm Hills Cop) - coming off a few days of diarrhea or something.

Should be an interesting game.

I don't know what couch I will be on but I'm sure it will be warm. I'm also not sure half the people there will be the least bit interested in hockey. We're only gathering because it's WTF Weekend and we're supposed to not be left alone with our you-know-whats until Monday. I'll give the game my fullest attention and keep my fingers crossed but I won't turn on the team if we finally lose a game.

Another question for the experts: with Lowry moved up to the first line, does that mean he also plays on the PP? Or are the two unrelated?
I imagine he’ll be on the PP1.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
I'm excited to see what they do with the Filipino heritage night. Hopefully, it's a lot of fun for everyone going. LFG Jets!
As a fellow Pinoy myself, im pretty stoked. Currently trying to get my schedule clear so I can attend. I hope one day they release Jerseys ala the WASAC versions.

Last edited:

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Ha! I'm going on a cruise tomorrow so have to save my liver.
Yeah, nothing like being on floating palace and being served all the alcohol you can handle.

My personal best was 11 tall cans of Guinness between lunch and dinner, but in my defence I was sitting poolside and often distracted by the skimpy attire. If the pool had been closed, I'm sure I could have done 14 cans.

God, those were the days. Then suddenly we're approaching 80 and wondering why the hell our bodies are falling apart.

• Haha
Reactions: Jet and macmaroon

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada

Your PP is usually your top scorers, so you should expect the first line to be on the PP. Doesn't always happen, but it's fairly common.

Is it permitted to ask what "you know wats" refers to without incurring your wrath?

Reactions: Inanna

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Your PP is usually your top scorers, so you should expect the first line to be on the PP. Doesn't always happen, but it's fairly common.

Is it permitted to ask what "you know wats" refers to without incurring your wrath?
lol. That could be a thread on its own.

What did “Ianna” mean by “you know what’s”

I have a couple guesses not sure either is right

1. Spouses
2. Phones

Both seem wrong. But they’re my best guesses.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Lowry looked good last game in the short time he was on the 1st line and PP . I would move Neo to the second line for tonight and Iafallo down to the 3rd but WTF do i know. Jets are winning tonight.:nod:

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Lowry looked good last game in the short time he was on the 1st line and PP . I would move Neo to the second line for tonight and Iafallo down to the 3rd but WTF do i know. Jets are winning tonight.:nod:
Hey even the jets tweet said those lines are written in pencil not pen.

Who knows what lines we will see if things are gelling.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
That's probably the best way to set things up -
Will be interesting to see how Kupari works out on the 3rd and I like that they are leaving the 2nd line alone -
The second line should get a bunch of ice time unless Bones is just trying to D everything down until we get more offence back in the lineup.
As for Lowry, go to the net - let Ehlers do his thing

So we will go from starved for net front presence to drowning in it with Lowry and Vilardi on the same line. :laugh:

The other lines will have even less of it but at least there is still Nino.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Thanks for another stellar GDT @macmaroon ! Knocked it out of the park again.

Judy and I will be at the game tonight. Not expecting a win tonight, but I will be overjoyed if they do.

Judy's birthday is tomorrow, so we're going to go early for the warmup and see if the sign she made gets her a practice puck. Fingers crossed!
Hopefully not one of these signs.:laugh:

Inanna

Liberal Arts Instructor
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Barrie, ON
lol. That could be a thread on its own.

What did “Ianna” mean by “you know what’s”

I have a couple guesses not sure either is right

1. Spouses
2. Phones

Both seem wrong. But they’re my best guesses.
Sorry, didn't mean to be cryptic, just trying to be cute. Somebody last fall complained, and rightly so, that they were sick of hearing me talk about my thesis. So I banned the word thesis in here.

Monday is the deadline submission for a master's thesis if you hope to graduate in May. The cliche is that all of us last minute types will spend the weekend polishing and polishing, even though everyone agrees that it serves no purpose and could actually make things worse. So, somebody somewhere coined WTF Weekend where you declare that you've done all that you can and you're going to take the weekend off, and the complement to that is people throw parties or gettogethers to help you not sneak back to your text and fiddle with it.

It would have been smarter to just say that I'm watching the game tonight with several folks who are looking more for distraction and beer than for hockey. And I'm still rejoicing at having another Saturday free after working every foxing Saturday night for so long.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Sorry, didn't mean to be cryptic, just trying to be cute. Somebody last fall complained, and rightly so, that they were sick of hearing me talk about my thesis. So I banned the word thesis in here.

Monday is the deadline submission for a master's thesis if you hope to graduate in May. The cliche is that all of us last minute types will spend the weekend polishing and polishing, even though everyone agrees that it serves no purpose and could actually make things worse. So, somebody somewhere coined WTF Weekend where you declare that you've done all that you can and you're going to take the weekend off, and the complement to that is people throw parties or gettogethers to help you not sneak back to your text and fiddle with it.

It would have been smarter to just say that I'm watching the game tonight with several folks who are looking more for distraction and beer than for hockey. And I'm still rejoicing at having another Saturday free after working every foxing Saturday night for so long.
Not remotely what i thought you were going to say.:laugh:

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sep 30, 2016

Congrats! Hoping your thesis does well!

When I read WTF Weekend my mind drifted to my 20s where that was usually the saying my dates had :laugh:

---

Thanks to ChatGPT for the following poem about tonight.

To the ice they rode, Jets bold and true,
Against the Flyers, a clash they knew.
In the rink's expanse, a fierce ballet,
Winnipeg soared, in triumph's display.

Skates slicing through the frozen tide,
Jets surged forward, with skill and pride.
Against the orange, their foes arrayed,
A victory anthem, in the air played.

Through puck-lit battles, they charged ahead,
Winnipeg's spirit, never to be shed.
The goalposts echoed, a triumphant song,
As Jets prevailed, in glory strong.

In the arena's embrace, cheers arose,
A tale of victory, the scoreboard shows.
A March of triumph, on icy frontier,
Winnipeg Jets, the victors clear.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Thanks for another stellar GDT @macmaroon ! Knocked it out of the park again.

Judy and I will be at the game tonight. Not expecting a win tonight, but I will be overjoyed if they do.

Judy's birthday is tomorrow, so we're going to go early for the warmup and see if the sign she made gets her a practice puck. Fingers crossed!
I always recommend a practice puck the day before the actual birthday :sarcasm:

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010

Oh wow. Not the answer I was expecting!

Good luck in your thesis!!

I know right!

Inanna

Liberal Arts Instructor
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Barrie, ON
Sorry to @Jets 31 and @Mad Dog Tannen for disappointing you. I thought it would be cute to avoid saying 'thesis' but obviously no one made the connection since I'm the only one here obsessing over it. While monitoring HFJets. While having a slow text chat with my baby sister back in Kits who is stayed in bed til noon and can't believe how cold it is there (yep, -7C is bad there). While reading parts of the thesis again and making notes (again) on what parts I will likely have to defend and how. And reminding myself that a large portion of HFJets-ers have already gone through the medieval torture of thesis defence.

Now, back to not mentioning you-know-what in here again for several months.

Mad Dog Tannen

Apr 10, 2010
Sorry to @Jets 31 and @Mad Dog Tannen for disappointing you. I thought it would be cute to avoid saying 'thesis' but obviously no one made the connection since I'm the only one here obsessing over it. While monitoring HFJets. While having a slow text chat with my baby sister back in Kits who is stayed in bed til noon and can't believe how cold it is there (yep, -7C is bad there). While reading parts of the thesis again and making notes (again) on what parts I will likely have to defend and how. And reminding myself that a large portion of HFJets-ers have already gone through the medieval torture of thesis defence.

No apology needed!

I feel we need to celebrate with a thread on here after your thesis defense is done!

Maybe make a jets hot take and defend it against the group. lol.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Not a problem, I've always hated the word thesis, makes you sound like you have a lisp when saying it.:naughty::laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Stumbledore

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I have not seen even one game in January yet. This is killing me! Especially because this has probably been the most exciting time to be a Jets fan in several years.
Does anyone have a suggestion of how best to watch from the US?
Or, if you think it’s going to jinx the streak, just don’t tell me. :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad