Post-Game Talk: Game #1 - Goodbye Columbus - Marchand and Friends win the Opener 6-3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
So.....

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pastrnak
Spooner -- Backes -- Heinen
Beleskey -- Krejci -- Czarnik/Hayes
Moore -- Acciari -- Nash

Or something close??

I'd try

Marchand - Bergeron - Czarnik
Spooner - Backes - Pastrnak
Belesky - Krejci - Heinen
Hayes - Moore - Nash

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
He pretty much said himself when he signed most of the discussion was about him playing C.

I don't see why your down on Heinen. He acquitted himself well for his 1st NHL game. He doesn't play a style that jumps out at you.

The thing I most noticed about Heinen is how smooth he plays. Solid skater and plays with good instinct. He's going to be a good one with time. It will take more games to see if he's ready to play at the NHL level, but there's no doubt he could be a nice contributor to this team at some point.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Sorry don't agree, Backes will do for Krejci and Spooner exactly what he did tonight, he was brought here to play with Krejci and that is where he will be Sat night when Bergy returns, he is better than Loui in that he has the dmen aware he is on the ice and they worry about the big hit and that is what separates him from Loui. Krejci was fine tonight but Heinen really disappointed, hard to impress with only two forwards going.

Heinen will be fine he was a step behind Czarnik overall this preseason. Hes getting his feet wet while Vatrano is out probably down to Providence after 5-6 games.

Pasternak and Backes work well together. They could make Spooner good better than Krejci.

Spooner-Backes-Pasternak
Marchand-Bergy-Vatrano (Henien for now.)
Beleskey-Krejci-Czarnik
Acciari-Moore-Nash/Hayes

4 PK/main combos:

Backes-Pasternak
Bergy-Marshy
Krejci-Beleskey
Acciari-Moore

The other wing is interchangable.

Im a huge Beleskey fan I wish he was a little more skilled so we could go Beleskey-Krejci-Bergeron and have it be a dominant line. I'd still do it for a couple games when Bergy comes back. It could actually be a really good line.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Can't wait for Vatrano to be back and bruins weak on right wing.

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pastrnak
Spooner -- Backes -- Czarnik
Vatrano -- Krejci -- Heinen
Belesky -- Moore -- Acciari

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Marchand - Bergeron

Backes (at C) - Pastrnak

Krejci - Belesky (his production has fallen off a cliff since being taken away from Krejci)

That's your pairs. Now mix and match Spooner, Czarnik, Hayes, Heinen, Nash, and eventually Vatrano.

Yes and more yes.

Keep Spooner, Vatrano when he gets back and one of the others then you have a great 4th line with the remainders.

Offense wasnt or is the problem. Hopefully this team can sort out their d and make a solid run to the top of the division.

Still early.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
He pretty much said himself when he signed most of the discussion was about him playing C.

I don't see why your down on Heinen. He acquitted himself well for his 1st NHL game. He doesn't play a style that jumps out at you.

I listened to his interview on the radio and he stated he expected to spend most of his time on the wing with Krejci, as discussed with Sweeney. He stated there would be times times like injuries or late in a game he would be moving to centre but he said he was more than happy to play wing and very excited to have an opportunity to playing fir Krejci. So we have all heard different things but the fact remains, if not for Bergys injury he would have been on the wing with Krejci tonight.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The thing I most noticed about Heinen is how smooth he plays. Solid skater and plays with good instinct. He's going to be a good one with time. It will take more games to see if he's ready to play at the NHL level, but there's no doubt he could be a nice contributor to this team at some point.

Yup, he was solid positional player, thinks the game well. Not going to crush guys but not afraid of physical play either. Just a good all-around player, Bergeron-like (although not to be confused with the next Bergeron). His overall game will likely keep him up here, the points will come in time. He's smart enough that I can see him killing penalties later in the year, which is another good asset to have on a Julien-coached team.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
My bet is Backes goes back with Krejci when Bergeron gets back and Spooner goes back to C once Vatrano comes back. To put Krejci with 3rd liners is foolish.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
And how about a bit of praise for Rask.

Half the board was ready to trade him after the Wennberg goal. 1st shot after a long, drawn out ceremony, small deflection.

No chance on CBJ goals 2 and 3.

Pretty solid game all around.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
My bet is Backes goes back with Krejci when Bergeron gets back and Spooner goes back to C once Vatrano comes back. To put Krejci with 3rd liners is foolish.

Career 3rd liner Michael Ryder and rookie Blake Wheeler say hi....:D

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
This team would have folded last season after the two goal lead. That alone right there is a great sign regardless to who they are playing.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
And how about a bit of praise for Rask.

Half the board was ready to trade him after the Wennberg goal. 1st shot after a long, drawn out ceremony, small deflection.

No chance on CBJ goals 2 and 3.

Pretty solid game all around.

I think the 1st goal even got a bit of extra lift of Colin's stick. Overall he looked fine.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan

Not down on him at all, he is a rookie, was playing his first game and like most rookies he was playing not to make a mistake rather than forcing the plays. He will be fine, just one game, but let's not knock Krejci due to his linematesh . I lost count the number of times that Spooner turned the puck over in the neutral zone, that won't happen as often with Backes there as he will control the wall next allow the other to do the scoring.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

He produced just fine with Belesky last year.

He's coming off surgury, not yet 100% clearly. Give him some time, no need to throw him to the wolves right now with Backes here. He'll still get his PP time. We've seen before there is a big difference between healthy Krejci and less-than-100% Krejci.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Not down on him at all, he is a rookie, was playing his first game and like most rookies he was playing not to make a mistake rather than forcing the plays. He will be fine, just one game, but let's not knock Krejci due to his linematesh . I lost count the number of times that Spooner turned the puck over in the neutral zone, that won't happen as often with Backes there as he will control the wall next allow the other to do the scoring.

I can't say I'm a fan of Spooner with Krejci for a lot of reasons, work along the wall like you said is one.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Heinen will be fine he was a step behind Czarnik overall this preseason. Hes getting his feet wet while Vatrano is out probably down to Providence after 5-6 games.

Pasternak and Backes work well together. They could make Spooner good better than Krejci.

Spooner-Backes-Pasternak
Marchand-Bergy-Vatrano (Henien for now.)
Beleskey-Krejci-Czarnik
Acciari-Moore-Nash/Hayes

4 PK/main combos:

Backes-Pasternak
Bergy-Marshy
Krejci-Beleskey
Acciari-Moore

The other wing is interchangable.

Im a huge Beleskey fan I wish he was a little more skilled so we could go Beleskey-Krejci-Bergeron and have it be a dominant line. I'd still do it for a couple games when Bergy comes back. It could actually be a really good line.

You do not, at least at this point and time put Pasta on the PK, ever. Belesky s a third line player, not someone they should saddle Krejci with. Still early but the third line needs to improve lots or make changes. I figure when Vatrano comes back you put him on RW and drop Hayes to the fourth line.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014

He's coming off surgury, not yet 100% clearly. Give him some time, no need to throw him to the wolves right now with Backes here. He'll still get his PP time. We've seen before there is a big difference between healthy Krejci and less-than-100% Krejci.

No panic from me in regards to Krejci. I think Backes will make a big difference.

Gonna be interesting once Vatrano gets back. Could definitely see Spooner going back to 3C, but if he doesn't, then it's a big old mess down in the bottom 6.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
You do not, at least at this point and time put Pasta on the PK, ever. Belesky s a third line player, not someone they should saddle Krejci with. Still early but the third line needs to improve lots or make changes. I figure when Vatrano comes back you put him on RW and drop Hayes to the fourth line.

Pasternak is super fast and rangy and looked great tonight hustling off the puck making things happen. We want to be aggressive with our PK...so he's going to see some time on it this year.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta

Krejci is going to play 18-20 mins a night. Probably 15 at ES, playing 3rd liners that much isn't going to get you far.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

Jackets post game mentioned how they failed to handle the Bruins' speed.

And I says pardon?
It's what the Bruins talked about when they said their goal is to play faster this season. With Carlo and O'Gara on our back-end, it's night and day as to how well the team transitioned out from their defensive zone. It may not have been about individual player speed, but it was about keeping their skates moving in the defensive end, carrying the puck out across the blue line, and making short and quick passes. It allowed the B's to put pressure on the Blue Jackets and kept them on their toes in the 2nd and 3rd periods. It's nice to see Blue Jackets fans see the change, and hopefully the Bruins fans that were skeptical when they heard about the Bruins playing a faster game see that change too.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
What an entertaining game! Some thoughts...

I thought the youth struggled.
- O’Gara with turnovers and chasing the play,y vacating the front of his net to chase pucks in his partners corner.
- Carlo didn’t cover back door on the PP goal against. On the third goal he had two chances to make a play and he just swats it into Blue Jackets twice.
- Next shift O’Gara has a chance to make a play on a puck in front of his own net and zips a pass right to the CLB defenseman who hits the outside of the post on a shot.
- Czarnik takes a penalty that sets up the PP goal, lost 83% of this draws. Good effort and drive though. Loved the hit on JJ.
- Acciari took a bad penalty, but looked solid on the 4th line.
- Heinen was fairly quiet but he was also the only kid not making glaring mistakes. He did take a penalty but it looked like a very soft call. He also made some clever passes in the face of incoming hits.

After the first period I couldn't help thinking "be careful what you wish for" since these young players had really put them in a hole.

-I would have pulled Rask after that BS softy 2mins in. Pure garbage at a time when the leaders should have been setting the bar for being sharp and competing. Shameful way to start the season.

-Didn’t like Spooner’s game. Maybe he was bummed he didn’t get to play center in Bergeron’s absence, but it seemed like every time he had the puck he turned it over.

Liked the 4th line a lot. Seemed like they spent all their time in the offensive zone and Nash won 77% of his draws.

Backes and Marchand played like leaders. Pasta had a great game too.

I liked Colin Miller's game.

I thought Liles was our best defenseman. 22mins, 6 of our 22 blocked shots, a great blocked pass on a 2on1.

Despite the rookie mistakes on D, the Bruins dominated that game. Edwards said the scoring chances were 20-11 B's with 7mins left and we had a few more good chances (and a goal) after that. Loved the drive from the vets.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
What an entertaining game! Some thoughts...

I thought the youth struggled.
- O’Gara with turnovers and chasing the play,y vacating the front of his net to chase pucks in his partners corner.
- Carlo didn’t cover back door on the PP goal against. On the third goal he had two chances to make a play and he just swats it into Blue Jackets twice.
- Next shift O’Gara has a chance to make a play on a puck in front of his own net and zips a pass right to the CLB defenseman who hits the outside of the post on a shot.
- Czarnik takes a penalty that sets up the PP goal, lost 83% of this draws. Good effort and drive though. Loved the hit on JJ.
- Acciari took a bad penalty, but looked solid on the 4th line.
- Heinen was fairly quiet but he was also the only kid not making glaring mistakes. He did take a penalty but it looked like a very soft call. He also made some clever passes in the face of incoming hits.

After the first period I couldn't help thinking "be careful what you wish for" since these young players had really put them in a hole.

-I would have pulled Rask after that BS softy 2mins in. Pure garbage at a time when the leaders should have been setting the bar for being sharp and competing. Shameful way to start the season.

-Didn’t like Spooner’s game. Maybe he was bummed he didn’t get to play center in Bergeron’s absence, but it seemed like every time he had the puck he turned it over.

Liked the 4th line a lot. Seemed like they spent all their time in the offensive zone and Nash won 77% of his draws.

Backes and Marchand played like leaders. Pasta had a great game too.

I liked Colin Miller's game.

I thought Liles was our best defenseman. 22mins, 6 of our 22 blocked shots, a great blocked pass on a 2on1.

Despite the rookie mistakes on D, the Bruins dominated that game. Edwards said the scoring chances were 20-11 B's with 7mins left and we had a few more good chances (and a goal) after that. Loved the drive from the vets.

Great points but if you pull Rask that quick in game 1 it could really **** with players heads, including Rask's and.....well.....you know Rask of past with the rattled thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad