Post-Game Talk: Game #1 - Goodbye Columbus - Marchand and Friends win the Opener 6-3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Love that top line. Bergeron goes back there and Backes goes to RW when all are healthy. One of my buddies is a long time Blues fan and tells me all the time how much better Backes on the RW is than at C.

Second line was not great. Heinen was invisible. Spooner created some space. Krejci was very up and down.

Jimmy Hayes looked the best on the third line. The other guys were very meh.

Fourth line looks promising. Felt like something exciting could happen with them on the ice.

Carlo and O'Gara looked fine. Rookie mistakes but they played through it.

Krug was sold but unspectacular.

So excited to see Colin Miller playing at a high level. Now just have to continue that and be consistent.

Chara was fine. That is who he is now.

Liles should switch places with Morrow. You can't be worse.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
O'Gara played 13 minutes and will go down when the Bruins are healthy, but I think Carlo might stick. Depends on if the Bruins think he should play every day in the AHL or be in and out of the Bruins line up.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
O'Gara played 13 minutes and will go down when the Bruins are healthy, but I think Carlo might stick. Depends on if the Bruins think he should play every day in the AHL or be in and out of the Bruins line up.

O'Gara either needs to be in the line-up or in Providence.

That being said, he acquitted himself well tonight. I don't think he saw any special teams play keeping his TOI pretty low.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Do not break up that line when Bergy comes back. Let it play itself out. Maybe put krecji at on Bergy's right wing to wake him up.

Of course you break it up, Backes with Krejci and Spooner will benefit the whole team, it will provide the team with two solid scoring lines. What do people think, Bergy will bring that line down when he comes back, like reallY??? :shakehead

BigBadBruins63*

Of course you break it up, Backes with Krejci and Spooner will benefit the whole team, it will provide the team with two solid scoring lines. What do people think, Bergy will bring that line down when he comes back, like reallY??? :shakehead

You're replying to a guy who posted "Time for a rebuild :rant:" 12 minutes into the game. Not much substance going on there.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Why put Backes with Krejci when you can legitimately run 3 good scoring lines with Backes centering Pastrnak.

Honestly until Krejci is back to 100% his line is the "3rd line".

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Little Helter Skelter but considering first game on road and pretty much skipping AHL I thought Carlo and OGara were decent - but more importantly To me you can see they are going to be players

Carlo showed a lot of things I like - he will be a stud can't believe only 19

Colin Miller was overal very good

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines
It was a good ending to a slow start. Columbus came in pumped and Bruins were tight. That said Bergy goes back with Marchand. I am not sure but Pasta has something going on chemistry wise with Backes. Marchand responds to speed on his line so try Spooner. We have to get Krejci going, back with Pasta and Backes. Then we have Vatrano later on, something has to give in a few months when everyone is healthy. Maybe time for a Shattenkirk deal. Anyways it is a good thing we have choices now for a change and mobile dee. I would not be opposed to a Pasta, Backes Spooner line, with Backes as center. Krech with Bergy,Marchand

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
Little Helter Skelter but considering first game on road and pretty much skipping AHL I thought Carlo and OGara were decent - but more importantly To me you can see they are going to be players

Carlo showed a lot of things I like - he will be a stud can't believe only 19

Colin Miller was overal very good

Look at how good Pasta looked today, and he jumped right in and learned/struggled thru the past two years. Just imagine Carlo and OGara in two years if they grow like pasta did:handclap:

BigBadBruins63*

Why put Backes with Krejci when you can legitimately run 3 good scoring lines with Backes centering Pastrnak.

So.....

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Pastrnak
Spooner -- Backes -- Heinen
Beleskey -- Krejci -- Czarnik/Hayes
Moore -- Acciari -- Nash

Or something close??

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan

Sorry don't agree, Backes will do for Krejci and Spooner exactly what he did tonight, he was brought here to play with Krejci and that is where he will be Sat night when Bergy returns, he is better than Loui in that he has the dmen aware he is on the ice and they worry about the big hit and that is what separates him from Loui. Krejci was fine tonight but Heinen really disappointed, hard to impress with only two forwards going.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I do not know why but Krecji's play tonight brought me back to the good old days of the 1950's music such as "The Coasters, The Pretenders, and the Drifters".
I certainly hope his play will pick up and sooner than later, this is not what I want to see from Krecji this year.

Look at his line mates tonight...

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I think K.Miller will replace O'Gara, but no way Carlo is out (McQuaid in), otherwise we are back to the "stone age".

Yup.

Carlo and Colin stay or else we are back where we started. McQuaid #7 and Kevan can sit to get him a game. Carlo will be a player hes not quite a lock yet to stay on the Bruins all year but I think he has a good chance to do so. For how good Colin looked he misplayed the shooter on the softie 1st goal and had that bad gaffe in the 3rd. He needs to play like he did tonight every night and look like one of the most talented/big/fast D men on the ice.

Backes in for Loui is a huge upgrade. Similar to getting Guerin at his peak for a journeyman in Anson Carter.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Sorry don't agree, Backes will do for Krejci and Spooner exactly what he did tonight, he was brought here to play with Krejci and that is where he will be Sat night when Bergy returns, he is better than Loui in that he has the dmen aware he is on the ice and they worry about the big hit and that is what separates him from Loui. Krejci was fine tonight but Heinen really disappointed, hard to impress with only two forwards going.

He pretty much said himself when he signed most of the discussion was about him playing C.

I don't see why your down on Heinen. He acquitted himself well for his 1st NHL game. He doesn't play a style that jumps out at you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad