Post-Game Talk: Game #1 - Goodbye Columbus - Marchand and Friends win the Opener 6-3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jimbo9966

Feb 15, 2012
Montreal
Nice problem for claude to have when bergy gets back. Hard to separate that line after tonights performance.
Maybe we will see a bergy,kreji,spooner line?

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
I'm wondering if Krejci is 100% yet, his line seemed pretty lost.

That was better than I could have hoped from them minus the first period. Great start to the year.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
The D really settled in after the initial rough patch. I thought both O'Gara and Carlo looked solid after they shook the butterflies off. Very encouraged after seeing them in the last two periods. Obviously the first line came up massive. Backes certainly made a great impression. Pasta is playing stronger on the puck and away from the puck. And Marchand looked like a Hart candidate. What a fun way to start the season.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Backes really stood out to me tonight. Brought everything he's advertised to bring.

That whole line was in another gear tonight.

Great win after some early adversity, which frankly would've made the team fold last season more than likely. Great to see them fight through it and rwally play the game they wanted to play against a lesser opponent in the 2nd and 3rd. Again, last year's team wouldn't have done it.

A lot of things to be positive about tonight.

Bruins1233

Apr 30, 2016
1) I am a bit worried about giving up 3 goals to Columbus
2) I like how the Bruins respond to adversity, something happened over the post season.

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
Great win.

I think O'Gara and Carlo both played really well. A few mistakes but neither looked rattled, played calm, smart, simple hockey. Both move the puck pretty well too.

I thought 4th line looked good...all of them can actually skate.

Backes line..what is there to even say, Marchand is a God.

Krejci invisible..time to give A to Brad maybe?

Chara looked rough out there. Liles Eh...pretty happy with C.Miller's game. Krug played alright...no glaring mistakes.

I am happy with the D play, Carlo looks ready to me? he is gonna make mistakes but he is a young D. On the other side, Werenski, top pick for Blue Jackets, had a really rough night, he didnt look good.

That's the reality with young D. They will 100% make mistakes. I thought as the game went on Carlo looked sharper and better with the puck compared to Chara.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Thank god they signed that kid up long term and at a reasonable rate. First move by Sweeney that I've liked, but man, what a deal.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
As good as that line was tonight, I think you have to go back to Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak.

Go with Spooner-Krejci-Backes as your 1A line, as many pointed out I think that line needs a physical presence.

Have to be impressed with the entire team tonight from the start of the second period on (and especially the top line of course).

There are going to be mental mistakes but the rookies brought speed, skill, and were fun to watch.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
The Marchand show! Great come back after being down 3-1 late in the 2nd.

Plenty to like tonight. And the top-6 will add Bergy shortly.

Ride the magic of that Marchand-Backes-Pasta line and go with this for a little bit:

Marchand-Backes-Pasta
Spooner-Bergy-Krejci
Beleskey-Czarnik-Heinen

When they cool off, put Bergy back with Marchand and Backes next to Krejci.

C.Miller looked very good. Pretty good 1st game for Carlo and O'Gara. Liles was the weakest of the top-6 tonight.

Great win! Very good way to start the season.

Marchand vs Matthews on Saturday. :laugh:

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
I do not know why but Krecji's play tonight brought me back to the good old days of the 1950's music such as "The Coasters, The Pretenders, and the Drifters".
I certainly hope his play will pick up and sooner than later, this is not what I want to see from Krecji this year.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
What about 51/37/46?

No chance I break up 37 and 63. Great game tonight but lets be real, Marshy and Bergy have been dominating for 6 years now. They're one of the best duos in the league.

Not going to say anything about Backes/Pasta/Marchand. All three of them, A+++.

Chiller looked great. One brain fart in the 3rd, but I believe he led the team in ice time.

Didn't hear much about O'Gara which is a good thing for a defensive defenseman rookie. Bit of a slow start but I thought he looked pretty good. Carlo had a rough first period, but he really pulled it together and he was a +5 playing on the first pairing. Can't argue with that.

Czarnik looked great. Lots of hustle and heart. Didn't see much from Heinen.

Liles and Beleskey were really bad. Beleskey will pick it up, less sure about Liles, but hopefully he can too.

Thought our 4th line looked great. Moore is a great addition, looked super on the PK.

Couple others but those are my thoughts. Good first game, fun to be back. :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad