Post-Game Talk: Game #1 - Goodbye Columbus - Marchand and Friends win the Opener 6-3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Big game by the super # 1 line.

In all reality happy to be 1-0, maybe this teams offense can out chance their defensive problems.

Offense, offense, offense. Opposite of old Claude.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Would like to see when Bergeron returns:

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
Spooner-Krejci-Backes
Beleskey-Czarnik-Heinen
Moore-Nash-Hayes
Acciari as the 13th

Keep the D pairings the same, overall pretty good tonight save for a few mental mistakes. Would rotate Morrow in for Liles, wasn't impressed with him tonight.

When Vatrano eventually returns you could play him as #3 RW and this team is loaded up front.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Marchand looks like he may elevate his game to an even higher level, my god he looked like a man possessed out there. Also love what Backes brings, that big body that creates space, leans hard on the opposition, something this team really lacked last year. The kids on D struggled at first but settled in nicely, Rask has to play better early in games, this league is tough to win in if you fall behind, that 1st goal was unacceptable. All in all a great start to the year especially considering that we fell behind by 2 goals.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
It was a great game and I enjoyed it.... But..... It's one game. Against Columbus. I think it's a bit early for the "break up Marchand and Bergeron" talk. Years of experience together vs. one, albeit awesome, game with Backes and Pasta.

No wonder NBCSN picked up the game against Toronto Saturday. But I bet they weren't expecting someone would be leading Matthews in points :laugh:

Iceage

Jun 26, 2013
Thank god they signed that kid up long term and at a reasonable rate. First move by Sweeney that I've liked, but man, what a deal.

I don't think replacing Eriksson with Backes was a bad move by Sweeney either.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Hate Pasta with Bergeron Marchand.

I think it is forced, love Pasta with Backes.

Marchand - Bergeron

Backes (at C) - Pastrnak

Krejci - Belesky (his production has fallen off a cliff since being taken away from Krejci)

That's your pairs. Now mix and match Spooner, Czarnik, Hayes, Heinen, Nash, and eventually Vatrano.

hollafamer

Jan 24, 2011
Wow they flipped the script on this game big time.

backes is everything and more then advertised. Carlo had a couple mistakes early but looked great afterwards. C.Miller look excellent out there. Marchard has opened the gate into elite. Pasta added weight this offseason has done wonders for his game he isn't getting overpowered anymore. Btw feel nobody is talking about moore he played great tonight, and made a couple of eye opening moves. Fun night team should get even better when bergeron returns. Worried of Dk though he looked out of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad