Future Jersey Number Retirement

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hatfield

Jan 27, 2007
I'm sure it's been said ten times over, but Sergei Gonchar is not getting his number retired in Washington. I've never heard any rumblings of it, it's not on any radars.

Regarding former Caps, Alan May (former Capital player and current team in between the glass correspondent) has basically said that both Peter Bondra and Olaf Kolzig will probably see their numbers raised at some point. Leonsis famously didn't want to retire anymore numbers until he got his cup. Both Bondra and Kolzig work in the Caps organization so I think we'll see them both sooner than later. Why not Sergei if those two? Well, the role those two played is a bit different. Both were faces of the franchise during the extent of the 90's. Both were outward public figures during both high marks in the teams history (98 Cup run) and lone bright spots in low marks. Sergei never really connected as much with the local community, he's not thought of in the same regard in DC as he is in Pitt. Go to a Caps game and you'll see Kolzig and Bonzai sweaters, you'd be hard pressed to find any Gonchar's.

For modern players, Backstrom and Ovechkin are obvious choices, the team has pretty much confirmed that it'll happen and they'll be retired at the same time. Other options? Here is where time will tell. I think Holtby has a decent shot. He owns essentially every single goalie record in a 46 year old team franchise and he helped us capture our first Cup. I think that it will happen a few years after Ovechkin/Backstrom.

I think if Carlson puts together 3-4 more seasons like this past one he's got a chance.

I also think that the Capitals are also wild cards in number retirement. Yvonne Labre is one of the lowest bars you could have for a number retirement and yet he's one of only 4 retired. Even he basically said he was shocked when the team retired his number. Dale Hunter is obviously not a prolific player, but he was a huge part of the team and their image for years. So the team has definitely made it clear that between Labre and Hunter, they're not opposed to putting fan favorites who don't have the best resume in the rafters. With that all said, I think you could conceivably see a future where after Ovechkin retires Tom Wilson becomes the team captain, and well... you take it from there.

Labre was before my time, but Gartner was the one that kinda shocked me. Great player, but he moved around a lot & so many years had passed since he left the team.

Ovechkin’s obviously a lock. Backstrom probably is too, although I personally think Kolzig and Bondra are equally deserving as #19.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
For Chicago, the iron-clad locks are Toews, Kane, Keith and Hossa.

The maybes are Seabrook - who would only likely get his raised in a joint ceremony with Chelios, and Crawford.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Anaheim:
Ryan Getzlaf
Corey Perry
Chris Pronger
Jean-Sebastien Giguere

Arizona:
Nobody, maybe Ekman-Larsson

Boston:
Patrice Bergeron
Zdeno Chara
Brad Marchand
Tuukka Rask
David Krejci

Buffalo:
Maybe Eichel if they contend again and decides to stay

Calgary:
Miikka Kiprusoff
Mark Giordano

Carolina:
Eric Staal
Cam Ward

Chicago:
Jonathan Toews
Patrick Kane
Duncan Keith
Marian Hossa
Brent Seabrook

Colorado:
Gabriel Landeskog
Nathan MacKinnon

Columbus:
Rick Nash
Cam Atkinson
Nick Foligno (I don't agree with it, but he's done a ton off the ice)
Seth Jones and Zach Werenski I think have potential, but time will tell

Dallas Stars:
Tyler Seguin
Jamie Benn

Detroit:
Pavel Datsyuk
Henrik Zetterberg
Sergei Fedorov

Edmonton:
Kevin Lowe
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Ryan Smyth
Maybe McDavid and Drasiaitl

Florida:
Nobody

Los Angeles:
Drew Doughty
Anze Kopitar
Jonathan Quick
Dustin Brown

Minnesota:
Mikko Koivu

Montreal:
Carey Price

Nashville:
Roman Josi
Pekka Rinne
Filip Forsberg
Mattias Ekholm
Ryan Ellis
Shea Weber

New Jersey:
Travis Zajac

New York Islanders:
Josh Bailey
Anders Lee

New York Rangers:
Henrik Lundqvist
Jaromir Jagr

Ottawa:
Jason Spezza
Erik Karlsson

Philadelphia:
Claude Giroux

Pittsburgh:
Sidney Crosby
Evgeni Malkin
Jaromir Jagr

San Jose:
Joe Thornton
Patrick Marleau
Joe Pavelski
Logan Couture
Brent Burns
Maybe Erik Karlsson if he does enough damage

St. Louis:
Alex Pietrangelo
David Perron
Alexander Steen
Ryan O'Reilly (if he spends the remainder of his career there, which I highly expect)
Brayden Schenn (I think he's set to retire with the Blues)
Vladimir Tarasenko
Jaden Schwartz
Binnington only if he finds his game again and plays more of his career there.

Tampa Bay:
Steven Stamkos
Victor Hedman
Nikita Kucherov
Maybe Ondrej Palat

Toronto:
Mitch Marner
Would say Matthews, but not to troll Toronto fans I could see him wanting out in a few seasons if the Leafs can't make it past the first round. But Marner I think spends his career with the Leafs win or lose.
Tavares only if the Leafs win the cup.

Vancouver:
Alex Edler
Bo Horvat
Elias Pettersson
Quinn Hughes
But only if they spend more of their career there, but I expect them to do long-term damage with the Canucks.

Vegas:
Mark Stone
William Karlsson
Jonathan Marchessault
Nate Schmidt
Alex Tuch
Max Pacioretty
Reilly Smith
Those are the few I could see getting consideration, but hard to tell in hindsight.

Washington:
Alex Ovechkin
Niklas Backstrom
John Carlson
Olaf Kolzig
Braden Holtby
Peter Bondra
Evgeny Kuznetsov
Tom Wilson

Winnipeg:
Mark Scheifele
Blake Wheeler
Josh Morrissey
Bryan Little
Connor Hellebuyck

Last edited:

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Labre was before my time, but Gartner was the one that kinda shocked me. Great player, but he moved around a lot & so many years had passed since he left the team.

Ovechkin’s obviously a lock. Backstrom probably is too, although I personally think Kolzig and Bondra are equally deserving as #19.
Labre was retired in the early 1980s, it was done out of fan service. He was the first captain of the team and the first guy they really marketed. The owner at the time, Abe Pollin, was kind of a softy for stuff like that. Statistically Labre kind of breaks the system as he was a pretty average hockey player, his number was retirement was even a surprise to him. He was working for the radio broadcast team at the time and he thought they were doing something to honor someone else and they were like "Surprise, we're retiring your number." I believe his quote was like "I never really thought I'd have my number retired."

They didn't retire another until 1997, that was Rod Langway and that significantly upped the requirements to get honored. Rod is a HoFer, a Captain, pretty much the face of the team in the late 80's. That was a no brainer.

Then in 2000 they retired Hunter, statistically he skews back towards the mean, but he made a lot of sense when you consider his role. He was the face of the team in the 90s, he was apart of the team when the made their first Cup appearance, and he was probably the most popular Capital for a decent stint of time. He kind of set the precedent as this is clearly a "Who is a fan favorite?" thing, which is why I don't really see Gonchar ever getting in, but I see someone like Wilson as a possibility.

Lastly, you had Gartner, he went up in 2008. He definitely played for a slew of teams, but he actually scored 397 of his 708 in DC. I think Mike was just a quiet guy, he's overshadowed because of the players in that era he played with and the personalities on those teams too (see above) and I know a lot of people think of him as a Ranger or Maple Leaf first, but when you look at his hockeydb he did the majority of his damage in DC.

So this brings me to my TED talk as to why Kolzig and Bondra are the only two non-active players who deserve to go up.

First, both guys were huge fan favorites. Walk around Capital One and you will see a slew of Bondra and Kolzig sweaters still. Both guys are first ballot "Hall of Very Good but not going to be in the actual HOF", which to me is the exact type of tweener you want to elevate in your rafters. Both players played the majority of their careers in DC and were active members of the community. Kolzig was in DC for 16 years, Bondra was in DC for 14 years. Both were routinely top 10 players at their position in the NHL for multiple years, Kolzig has some hardware to back that up, Bondra unfortunately does not. Both were huge parts of the Capitals first Stanley Cup appearance (Kolzig had finished the '98 playoffs with an amazing .941 sv% and 1.95 GAA, Bondra led the team in points during the regular season). I mean I think with Hunter, they really capture that era of Capitals hockey in a nutshell.

When I look back at capturing this current active era in the rafters it makes sense to put 8 and 19 up there, and I think in due time 70 will also make sense (he owns almost every G record we have and his playoff stats are insane, plus "The Save" is an iconic moment).

Jersey retirements are as much for the nostalgic fans as the players, it's a way to preserve an era of hockey so that when you look up you can be reminded of something. I think all the aforementioned guys make the most sense with that in mind.

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
retiring #s is asinine. Honour the player.

I don't think it's asinine. I know the Leafs don't do it but isn't that mostly about Harold Ballard being a jackass and not wanting any Leaf to be more important than the team or Ballard himself?

Brad Marchand is a good player, but not an elite talent, and he hasn’t done enough for the Bruins to warrant a number retirement. Marchand will never make the Hockey Hall of Fame. Yes, Rick Middleton isn’t in the Hall either and still had his number retired, but he was a better player than Marchand. Terry O’Reilly also isn’t in the Hall, but he was a leader on the Bruins for years, and Marchand doesn’t even wear an alternate captain’s “A” on his sweater. He has for a game here or there, but not consistently. Certainly not enough to get 63 retired.

C'mon, I was watching hockey back when Middleton was still paying and sure he was real good but Marchand, especially in the last few seasons, is a comparable. Also Marchand was an integral member of a Cup winning team and went to the Finals as well whereas Middleton never did win it all.

I can't believe you got me to defend Brad Marchand. *shivers* I need to take a shower.

Montreal:
Carey Price

Not much chance there. You see getting your jersey retired in Montreal is a two-step process. First of all you need to get your picture in the Habs dressing room and after that *maybe* just maybe you get your jersey retired. Now you need to accomplish 3 feats to get your picture hanging in the lockers.

1. You need to have played 2 full seasons on the Habs.
2. You need to have won a Stanley Cup as a Hab.
3. You need to be in the Hockey Hall of Fame.

So that gets your picture in, so to get your number up in the rafters you need to go above and beyond that.

Reactions: rfournier103

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I don't think it's asinine. I know the Leafs don't do it but isn't that mostly about Harold Ballard being a jackass and not wanting any Leaf to be more important than the team or Ballard himself?
Two things. One, the Leafs now do retire numbers and retired a bunch on the 100th anniversary. Everyone who was "honoured" with a banner got their numbers officially retired. Secondly, the Leafs are the first team to retire a number in professional sports, when they retired Ace Bailey's after Eddie Shore ended his career. Bill Barilko's number was also retired prior to the 100th ceremony. They didn't retire numbers for years for on-ice accomplishments. Personally, I liked the old system of just having Barilko and Bailly. I like the system in Europe in soccer where certain numbers have a historic attachment to great players like #7 at Manchester United. I do find some of the standards to retire numbers for clubs a bit low. I liked the one the Blue Jays implemented but then broke, which was they would only retire numbers of players who got into Cooperstown wearing a Jays hat. They broke it for Halladay after his death, probably fully expecting him to be honored as a Jay instead of the no hat. I would also add retiring or not issuing numbers of people who died while an active team member like Barilko.

Reactions: Iapyi

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Nashville:
Roman Josi (There's a good shot if he continues to have seasons like this one, could win the Norris this year and may get some Hart votes, lots of hockey left in his career though)
Pekka Rinne Guaranteed lock (350+ wins, first major trophy win for the franchise, several more years in the top 3-5 of Vezina voting and a couple top ten Hart finishes)
Filip Forsberg (Couple of 30+ goal seasons isn't going to cut it.)
Mattias Ekholm (A top 4 defenseman that might be a top pairing guy if he wasn't behind Josi; not getting his # retired without some serious hardware.
Ryan Ellis (Some good seasons as a top pairing guy, not deserving of number retirement though.)
Shea Weber (Will probably get his # retired)

That's a lot of No's in those lists.

The bolded will not get their number retired unless they step up their games in a big way, which probably won't happen as they enter the back half of their careers, or something impossibly crazy happens.

Giotrapani91

Oct 21, 2015
Anaheim:
Ryan Getzlaf
Corey Perry
Chris Pronger
Jean-Sebastien Giguere

Arizona:

Boston:
Patrice Bergeron
Zdeno Chara
Brad Marchand
Tuukka Rask
David Krejci

Buffalo:

Calgary:
Miikka Kiprusoff
Mark Giordano

Carolina:
Eric Staal
Cam Ward

Chicago:
Jonathan Toews
Patrick Kane
Duncan Keith
Marian Hossa
Brent Seabrook

Colorado:
Gabriel Landeskog
Nathan MacKinnon

Columbus:
Rick Nash
Cam Atkinson

Dallas Stars:
Tyler Seguin
Jamie Benn

Detroit:
Pavel Datsyuk
Henrik Zetterberg
Sergei Fedorov

Edmonton:
Kevin Lowe
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Ryan Smyth

Florida:
Nobody

Los Angeles:
Drew Doughty
Anze Kopitar
Jonathan Quick
Dustin Brown

Minnesota:
Mikko Koivu

Montreal:
Carey Price

Nashville:
Roman Josi
Pekka Rinne
Filip Forsberg
Mattias Ekholm
Ryan Ellis
Shea Weber

New Jersey:
Travis Zajac

New York Islanders:
Josh Bailey
Anders Lee

New York Rangers:
Henrik Lundqvist
Jaromir Jagr

Ottawa:
Jason Spezza
Erik Karlsson

Philadelphia:
Claude Giroux

Pittsburgh:
Sidney Crosby
Evgeni Malkin
Jaromir Jagr

San Jose:
Joe Thornton
Patrick Marleau
Joe Pavelski
Logan Couture
Brent Burns

St. Louis:
Alex Pietrangelo
David Perron
Alexander Steen
Ryan O'Reilly (if he spends the remainder of his career there, which I highly expect)
Vladimir Tarasenko
Jaden Schwartz

Tampa Bay:
Vincent Lecavalier
Martin St. Louis
Steven Stamkos
Victor Hedman
Nikita Kucherov
Maybe Ondrej Palat

Toronto:
Mitch Marner
Would say Matthews, but not to troll Toronto fans I could see him wanting out in a few seasons if the Leafs can't make it past the first round. But Marner I think spends his career with the Leafs win or lose.

Vancouver:
Alex Edler
Bo Horvat
Elias Pettersson
Quinn Hughes
But only if they spend more of their career there, but I expect them to do long-term damage with the Canucks.

Vegas:
Mark Stone
William Karlsson
Jonathan Marchessault
Nate Schmidt
Alex Tuch
Max Pacioretty
Reilly Smith
Those are the few I could see getting consideration, but hard to tell in hindsight.

Washington:
Alex Ovechkin
Niklas Backstrom
John Carlson
Olaf Kolzig
Braden Holtby
Peter Bondra
Evgeny Kuznetsov
Tom Wilson

Winnipeg:
Mark Scheifele
Blake Wheeler
Josh Morrissey
Bryan Little
Connor Hellebuyck
Lecavalier and St. Louis Numbers are already retired by the Lightning.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
For the Hurricanes, I think Eric Staal and Cam Ward are pretty much the only locks.

If guys like Aho, Svechnikov, Slavin, and Pesce play most of their careers here and/or win a cup or two I could see their numbers being retired as well.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Nuge is not going to get retired ever lol
And then you say McDavid and Drai are MAYBES.
They have both achieved more than Nuge already lol

Same reason I believe Smyth and Lowe should be retired by the Oilers. I can see RNH spending his career there and has been awesome for them the entire time.

Season LD and McDavid are maybes are the fact if the Oilers don't make progress I doubt they're going to be there in 1-3 seasons. RNH I think will.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Anaheim:
Ryan Getzlaf
Corey Perry
Chris Pronger
Jean-Sebastien Giguere

Arizona:

Boston:
Patrice Bergeron
Zdeno Chara
Brad Marchand
Tuukka Rask
David Krejci

Buffalo:

Calgary:
Miikka Kiprusoff
Mark Giordano

Carolina:
Eric Staal
Cam Ward

Chicago:
Jonathan Toews
Patrick Kane
Duncan Keith
Marian Hossa
Brent Seabrook

Colorado:
Gabriel Landeskog
Nathan MacKinnon

Columbus:
Rick Nash
Cam Atkinson

Dallas Stars:
Tyler Seguin
Jamie Benn

Detroit:
Pavel Datsyuk
Henrik Zetterberg
Sergei Fedorov

Edmonton:
Kevin Lowe
Ryan Nugent-Hopkins
Ryan Smyth

Florida:
Nobody

Los Angeles:
Drew Doughty
Anze Kopitar
Jonathan Quick
Dustin Brown

Minnesota:
Mikko Koivu

Montreal:
Carey Price

Nashville:
Roman Josi
Pekka Rinne
Filip Forsberg
Mattias Ekholm
Ryan Ellis

Shea Weber

New Jersey:
Travis Zajac

New York Islanders:
Josh Bailey
Anders Lee

New York Rangers:
Henrik Lundqvist
Jaromir Jagr

Ottawa:
Jason Spezza
Erik Karlsson

Philadelphia:
Claude Giroux

Pittsburgh:
Sidney Crosby
Evgeni Malkin
Jaromir Jagr

San Jose:
Joe Thornton
Patrick Marleau
Joe Pavelski
Logan Couture
Brent Burns

St. Louis:
Alex Pietrangelo
David Perron
Alexander Steen
Vladimir Tarasenko
Jaden Schwartz

Tampa Bay:
Steven Stamkos
Victor Hedman
Nikita Kucherov
Maybe Ondrej Palat

Toronto:
Mitch Marner

Vancouver:
Alex Edler
Bo Horvat
Elias Pettersson
Quinn Hughes

Vegas:
Mark Stone
William Karlsson
Jonathan Marchessault
Nate Schmidt
Alex Tuch
Max Pacioretty
Reilly Smith

Washington:
Alex Ovechkin
Niklas Backstrom
John Carlson
Olaf Kolzig
Braden Holtby
Peter Bondra
Evgeny Kuznetsov
Tom Wilson

Winnipeg:
Mark Scheifele
Blake Wheeler
Josh Morrissey
Bryan Little

Connor Hellebuyck

Why are the jersey retirements so different?

For instance, how in god's name are RNH & Smythe mentioned as retirees. Yet two superior players (McD & Drai) are a maybe?

Why would Marner be chosen over the superior player in Matthews?

Why is Palat mentioned, yet Point and Vasi aren't. Better yet, why is Palat even mentioned at all?

So Foligno will get his jersey retired due to off ice contributions. Yet time will tell on Seth Jones? :huh:

Rangers won't retire Jagr's number. That one has me lost. He was there like four seasons.

As of now, Bailey and Lee have no shot at jersey retirement. Why not mention the superior player in Barzal?

Bolded for Nashville have won zero awards. Nor are considered elite level players. No chance.

Zajac? Why?

Perron & Schwartz are a few tiers below the Conn Smythe winner (The guy mentioned as a possible candidate for jersey retirement if he stays longer).

Montreal doesn't retire numbers for non hall of famers. So no jersey retirement for Price.

Bolded for Jets have no shot. Big Buff deserves it over them.

No for the bolded in Washington. Unless they win individual awards.

I agree on Vancouver. It's an embarrassing organization when it comes to jersey retirements. Sadly.

Time will tell on Smith in Vegas.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I don't think Marchand goes to the HHOF either but he's absolutely been elite the last 4 years. 3rd in the league in points/game over that stretch. You can't tell me that's not elite in a league that has McDavid, Crosby, Kane, Malkin, MacKinnon, Kucherov, Draisaitl, and Stamkos in it. His peak as an elite player definitely eclipses Middleton's peak compared to their peers. Being a key part of a Cup winner and probably playing his entire career in Boston will likely put #63 up in the Garden rafters.

C'mon, I was watching hockey back when Middleton was still paying and sure he was real good but Marchand, especially in the last few seasons, is a comparable. Also Marchand was an integral member of a Cup winning team and went to the Finals as well whereas Middleton never did win it all.

I can't believe you got me to defend Brad Marchand. *shivers* I need to take a shower.
I like Brad Marchand as much as anyone. Yes, he was a key member of the 2011 team, and he’s really elevated his game over the last few years, but I just can’t wrap my head around his number being retired. He’s just not on the same level as 33 and 37.

For the record, I never agreed with Middleton’s 16 or O’Reilly’s 24 being retired, either. I think the Bruins foolishly lowered the bar on those.

Apologies to Bruins fans who don’t agree with me on this. That’s just what I think.

Reactions: Alicat

CanadianSniper

Nov 11, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Same reason I believe Smyth and Lowe should be retired by the Oilers. I can see RNH spending his career there and has been awesome for them the entire time.

Season LD and McDavid are maybes are the fact if the Oilers don't make progress I doubt they're going to be there in 1-3 seasons. RNH I think will.
Even if he does spend his whole career there, he hasn't done anything to warrant retiring his number. So far he has broke 60 points exactly twice, and has only even made the playoffs once in the 9 years he has been there.
What about that says that they should retire his number to you?

The Great Mighty Poo

I don't like you either.
Feb 21, 2020
Sid, Geno. And that's the list.

Jagr's burned the bridges multiple times over and saltd the ground it with by running his mouth about how he'd comeback for league minimum after his KHL deal ended only to go to the Flyers for a whole 1 million dollars extra.

Fleury is potential candidate, but could be more likley a Tom Barrasso, Ron Francis, and Larry Murray case and get added to the Pens Hall of Fame and an Honored player, but not have his number retired, Pens are very conservative with retired/ discontinuing jersey numbers, for the longest time until Jarry was first called up no goalie wore Barrasso's #35 was unofficially discontinued.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Even if he does spend his whole career there, he hasn't done anything to warrant retiring his number. So far he has broke 60 points exactly twice, and has only even made the playoffs once in the 9 years he has been there.
What about that says that they should retire his number to you?

I think everybody would agree that you should be giving me heck if I said Shawn Horcoff, which I would never say.

I also believe Doug Weight should have his number retired there, but that's a big debate.

Giotrapani91

Oct 21, 2015
I think everybody would agree that you should be giving me heck if I said Shawn Horcoff, which I would never say.

I also believe Doug Weight should have his number retired there, but that's a big debate.
He was the most underrated Oiler of his era? Imo he’s a borderline hall of famer unfortunately Americans don’t get a lot of credit & it’s sad cuz you’d think Keith tkachuk would be in by now, Weight was one of the best playmakers of his era. In that span 1996 to 2003 he was prolly top ten, top 15 among playmakers. And he also has a cup ring against the team he played for that he was most known won it with carolina beat the oilers.

Giotrapani91

Oct 21, 2015

And I do agree his number should be hung up in Edmonton, him and Ryan smyth. Kevin Lowe In the next few years now that he’s in the hall. Ik weight was a blue as well but the blues can honor his number not retire it.

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai
New Jersey:
Travis Zajac

As much as Zajac is one of my favourites, I can't see him getting his number retired.

The only number that could get retired any time soon is 18 for Sergei Brylin, and that would be more of a retirement for 3 cups and being a lifetime Devil, and even that is unlikely.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I like Brad Marchand as much as anyone. Yes, he was a key member of the 2011 team, and he’s really elevated his game over the last few years, but I just can’t wrap my head around his number being retired. He’s just not on the same level as 33 and 37.

For the record, I never agreed with Middleton’s 16 or O’Reilly’s 24 being retired, either. I think the Bruins foolishly lowered the bar on those.

Apologies to Bruins fans who don’t agree with me on this. That’s just what I think.
I think Marchy deserves to have his number retired more than Middleton and O'Reilly.

Chara, Bergeron and Rask are automatic and Krejci has one hell of a case as well.

Reactions: rfournier103

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I think Marchy deserves to have his number retired more than Middleton and O'Reilly.

Chara, Bergeron and Rask are automatic and Krejci has one hell of a case as well.
You probably already knew this, but just in case you didn’t... if the Bruins retire Tuukka Rask’s number 40, he will be the first Bruins goalie to have his number retired.

Reactions: Alicat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad