Future Jersey Number Retirement

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
I'll go with the players I'd be shock to not see going up judging by A) the impact they had on their respected teams and B) the franchise actual standards for jersey retirements.

Anaheim Ducks
10 - Corey Perry
15 - Ryan Getzlaf

Boston Bruins
33 - Zdeno Chara
37 - Patrice Bergeron
63 - Brad Marchand

Calgary Flames
5 - Mark Giordano

Carolina Hurricanes
12 - Eric Staal

Chicago Blackhawks
2 - Duncan Keith
19 - Jonathan Toews
88 - Patrick Kane

Colorado Avalanche
8 - Cale Makar
29 - Nathan MacKinnon
92 - Gabriel Landeskog

Columbus Blue Jackets
72 - Sergei Bobrovsky

Dallas Stars
14 - Jamie Benn

Detroit Red Wings
13 - Pavel Datsyuk
40 - Henrik Zetterberg

Edmonton Oilers
29 - Leon Draisaitl
97 - Connor McDavid

Florida Panthers
16 - Aleksander Barkov

Los Angeles Kings
8 - Drew Doughty
11 - Anze Kopitar
23 - Dustin Brown
32 - Jonathan Quick

Minnesota Wild
20 - Ryan Suter

Montreal Canadiens
31 - Carey Price

Nashville Predators
6- Shea Weber
56 - Roman Josi

Ottawa Senators
65 - Erik Karlsson

Philadelphia Flyers
28 - Claude Giroux

Pittsburgh Penguins
29 - Marc-André Fleury
58 - Kristopher Letang
68 - Jaromir Jagr
71 - Evgeni Malkin
87 - Sidney Crosby

San Jose Sharks
8 - Joe Pavelski
19 - Joe Thornton
88 - Brent Burns

Tampa Bay Lightning
77 - Victor Hedman
86 - Nikita Kucherov
88 - Andrei Vasilevskiy
91 - Steven Stamkos

Toronto Maple Leafs
34 - Auston Matthews

Vancouver Canucks
1 - Roberto Luongo

Washington Capitals
8 Alexander Ovechkin
19 - Nicklas Backstrom

I left out guys who I felt were too soon to tell (Kaprizov, Ekblad, Panarin, O'Reilly...) or worthy players who had bouts with the actual management (Fedorov, Pietrangelo...). I didn't include players who's chances I feel aren't clearly over 50% (Couture, Carlson, Parise...).

Reactions: jigglysquishy

Steerpike

We are never give up
Feb 15, 2014
Colorado
6 - No. He's been here for a long time, but that shouldn't be enough to get his number retired.
8 - All signs and projections point to yes.
29 - Yes, as he's been the face of the franchise for years and finally has some hardware to go with it.
92 - Most likely. He's a long serving captain who has won a Cup. He's not the face, but it's his team for sure.
96 - Very fringe. He's a good player but he's in MacKinnon's shadow (for good reason).

That being said we have 77 up in the rafters, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Cogliano's number up there one day.

For Mikko I think it depends on if he finishes his Career in Colorado.

The pleasing symmetry will IMO make it easier for Byram and him to get there.

21, 19, 23
52 77

92, 29, 96
4, 8

With the important exclusion of a Roy analog

Giotrapani91

Oct 21, 2015
I hope this is a joke.

Imagine Holmstrom and Howard having their jerseys next to Yzerman, Howe, Sawchuk, etc.
I’m not saying they should be retired but Homer was our best special teams player and it’s not like someone would just randomly have their number retired but our power play and PK was in disarray for years due to Homer not being their.

Giotrapani91

Oct 21, 2015
No. One of them is a HOFer and pillar of 3 cup winning teams and the other two are not. Homer and Osgood, while solid pieces don't come anywhere near the importance of Fedorov. The Grind Line arguably has a stronger case than those two and they aren't going up either. Those 5 would be in a Honor something or other, but not # retirement.
Osgood will eventually reach the hall of fame theirs gonna be years where theirs only one first ballot player inducted, this next year lundqvist, 2 years from now marleau, & 2025 you have 2 hall of Famsrs in Getzlaf & chara. So their will be 3 wild card spots in two of those classes, & 2 in the other.

I'll go with the players I'd be shock to not see going up judging by A) the impact they had on their respected teams and B) the franchise actual standards for jersey retirements.

Anaheim Ducks
10 - Corey Perry
15 - Ryan Getzlaf

Boston Bruins
33 - Zdeno Chara
37 - Patrice Bergeron
63 - Brad Marchand

Calgary Flames
5 - Mark Giordano

Carolina Hurricanes
12 - Eric Staal

Chicago Blackhawks
2 - Duncan Keith
19 - Jonathan Toews
88 - Patrick Kane

Colorado Avalanche
8 - Cale Makar
29 - Nathan MacKinnon
92 - Gabriel Landeskog

Columbus Blue Jackets
72 - Sergei Bobrovsky

Dallas Stars
14 - Jamie Benn

Detroit Red Wings
13 - Pavel Datsyuk
40 - Henrik Zetterberg

Edmonton Oilers
29 - Leon Draisaitl
97 - Connor McDavid

Florida Panthers
16 - Aleksander Barkov

Los Angeles Kings
8 - Drew Doughty
11 - Anze Kopitar
23 - Dustin Brown
32 - Jonathan Quick

Minnesota Wild
20 - Ryan Suter

Montreal Canadiens
31 - Carey Price

Nashville Predators
6- Shea Weber
56 - Roman Josi

Ottawa Senators
65 - Erik Karlsson

Philadelphia Flyers
28 - Claude Giroux

Pittsburgh Penguins
29 - Marc-André Fleury
58 - Kristopher Letang
68 - Jaromir Jagr
71 - Evgeni Malkin
87 - Sidney Crosby

San Jose Sharks
8 - Joe Pavelski
19 - Joe Thornton
88 - Brent Burns

Tampa Bay Lightning
77 - Victor Hedman
86 - Nikita Kucherov
88 - Andrei Vasilevskiy
91 - Steven Stamkos

Toronto Maple Leafs
34 - Auston Matthews

Vancouver Canucks
1 - Roberto Luongo

Washington Capitals
8 Alexander Ovechkin
19 - Nicklas Backstrom

I left out guys who I felt were too soon to tell (Kaprizov, Ekblad, Panarin, O'Reilly...) or worthy players who had bouts with the actual management (Fedorov, Pietrangelo...). I didn't include players who's chances I feel aren't clearly over 50% (Couture, Carlson, Parise...).
I think 10 should be retired by Minnesota.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I’m not saying they should be retired but Homer was our best special teams player and it’s not like someone would just randomly have their number retired but our power play and PK was in disarray for years due to Homer not being their.
Holmstrom never played on the PK and Lidstrom was by FAR our best special teams player. The Wings were #2 in PP% behind the Mario/Jagr pens for the 5 seasons from when Lidstrom entered the league to the day Holmstrom did.

The 5 years before Lidstrom entered the league? The Wings were bottom 3 in PP%.

Osgood will eventually reach the hall of fame theirs gonna be years where theirs only one first ballot player inducted, this next year lundqvist, 2 years from now marleau, & 2025 you have 2 hall of Famsrs in Getzlaf & chara. So their will be 3 wild card spots in two of those classes, & 2 in the other.
Eventually getting in during a weak class year, isn't really a compelling argument to get the # raised. I'd like to see Oz in the HOF as goalies are under-represented, but not quite rafter worthy.

Giotrapani91

Oct 21, 2015
Holmstrom never played on the PK and Lidstrom was by FAR our best special teams player. The Wings were #2 in PP% behind the Mario/Jagr pens for the 5 seasons from when Lidstrom entered the league to the day Holmstrom did.

Eventually getting in during a weak class year, isn't really a compelling argument to get the # raised. I'd like to see Oz in the HOF as goalies are under-represented, but not quite rafter worthy.
I just think ozzie deserves it cuz he was one of the best goalies in red wings history. Could’ve won the conn smythe in 08 and would’ve won it in 09 had Detroit won.

Giotrapani91

Oct 21, 2015

Homer was a great non hall of fame player that could get in front of the net, and be a pain in goalies rear ends, if Yzerman doesn’t have that amazing clutch run in 98, I guarantee you Homer is top 6 in conn smythe voting.

Does he win the conn smythe in 98 if Yzerman

does Homer win the conn smythe if Yzerman doesn’t no it would go to osgood, or lidstrom.

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Jackets already gave away #72 to a likely minor league forward/call up. Doesn’t appear bobrovsky will get his number retired

Giotrapani91

Oct 21, 2015

Anaheim Ducks
10 - Corey Perry
15 - Ryan Getzlaf

Boston Bruins
33 - Zdeno Chara
37 - Patrice Bergeron
63 - Brad Marchand

Calgary Flames
5 - Mark Giordano

Carolina Hurricanes
12 - Eric Staal

Chicago Blackhawks
2 - Duncan Keith
19 - Jonathan Toews
88 - Patrick Kane

Colorado Avalanche
8 - Cale Makar
29 - Nathan MacKinnon
92 - Gabriel Landeskog

Columbus Blue Jackets
72 - Sergei Bobrovsky

Dallas Stars
14 - Jamie Benn

Detroit Red Wings
13 - Pavel Datsyuk
40 - Henrik Zetterberg

Edmonton Oilers
29 - Leon Draisaitl
97 - Connor McDavid

Florida Panthers
16 - Aleksander Barkov

Los Angeles Kings
8 - Drew Doughty
11 - Anze Kopitar
23 - Dustin Brown
32 - Jonathan Quick

Minnesota Wild
20 - Ryan Suter

Montreal Canadiens
31 - Carey Price

Nashville Predators
6- Shea Weber
56 - Roman Josi

Ottawa Senators
65 - Erik Karlsson

Philadelphia Flyers
28 - Claude Giroux

Pittsburgh Penguins
29 - Marc-André Fleury
58 - Kristopher Letang
68 - Jaromir Jagr
71 - Evgeni Malkin
87 - Sidney Crosby

San Jose Sharks
8 - Joe Pavelski
19 - Joe Thornton
88 - Brent Burns

Tampa Bay Lightning
77 - Victor Hedman
86 - Nikita Kucherov
88 - Andrei Vasilevskiy
91 - Steven Stamkos

Toronto Maple Leafs
34 - Auston Matthews

Vancouver Canucks
1 - Roberto Luongo

Washington Capitals
8 Alexander Ovechkin
19 - Nicklas Backstrom

What about 94 for Edmonton despite smyth not being a hall of famer,

Anaheim Ducks
10 - Corey Perry
15 - Ryan Getzlaf

Boston Bruins
33 - Zdeno Chara
37 - Patrice Bergeron
63 - Brad Marchand

Calgary Flames
5 - Mark Giordano

Carolina Hurricanes
12 - Eric Staal

Chicago Blackhawks
2 - Duncan Keith
19 - Jonathan Toews
88 - Patrick Kane

Colorado Avalanche
8 - Cale Makar
29 - Nathan MacKinnon
92 - Gabriel Landeskog

Columbus Blue Jackets
72 - Sergei Bobrovsky

Dallas Stars
14 - Jamie Benn

Detroit Red Wings
13 - Pavel Datsyuk
40 - Henrik Zetterberg

Edmonton Oilers
29 - Leon Draisaitl
97 - Connor McDavid

Florida Panthers
16 - Aleksander Barkov

Los Angeles Kings
8 - Drew Doughty
11 - Anze Kopitar
23 - Dustin Brown
32 - Jonathan Quick

Minnesota Wild
20 - Ryan Suter

Montreal Canadiens
31 - Carey Price

Nashville Predators
6- Shea Weber
56 - Roman Josi

Ottawa Senators
65 - Erik Karlsson

Philadelphia Flyers
28 - Claude Giroux

Pittsburgh Penguins
29 - Marc-André Fleury
58 - Kristopher Letang
68 - Jaromir Jagr
71 - Evgeni Malkin
87 - Sidney Crosby

San Jose Sharks
8 - Joe Pavelski
19 - Joe Thornton
88 - Brent Burns

Tampa Bay Lightning
77 - Victor Hedman
86 - Nikita Kucherov
88 - Andrei Vasilevskiy
91 - Steven Stamkos

Toronto Maple Leafs
34 - Auston Matthews

Vancouver Canucks
1 - Roberto Luongo

Washington Capitals
8 Alexander Ovechkin
19 - Nicklas Backstrom

what about 94 for the oilers smyth was the heart of the franchise despite the other smith wearing the C, 10 by Minnesota for gaborik, if not 10 than 11 for parise if suter’s goes up what about 11 for parise, 16 in Detroit for vladdy, 8 for Philly for recchi, 11 for San Jose for Nolan & maybe 18 for Ricci, it depends how long Ricci was their if not definitely 11 for Nolan. & 18 & 16 for jersey for Brylin & holik.

BretterThanYou

Sep 17, 2006
Collinsville IL
St. Louis:
No one

Pietrangelo could be on his way, St. Louis appears to enjoy retiring numbers.Backes could be there too as heart-and-soul guy.
Pietrangelo and Backes are both longshots. Blues only retire members of the Hall of Fame, the exception being Bob Gassoff who passed away while he was still playing for us.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Pietrangelo and Backes are both longshots. Blues only retire members of the Hall of Fame, the exception being Bob Gassoff who passed away while he was still playing for us.

Ummm..... not really. The Plagers + Brian Sutter are not hall of famers.

Regardless, Pietrangelo likely makes the HHOF.

Last edited:

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
What about 94 for Edmonton despite smyth not being a hall of famer,

what about 94 for the oilers smyth was the heart of the franchise despite the other smith wearing the C, 10 by Minnesota for gaborik, if not 10 than 11 for parise if suter’s goes up what about 11 for parise, 16 in Detroit for vladdy, 8 for Philly for recchi, 11 for San Jose for Nolan & maybe 18 for Ricci, it depends how long Ricci was their if not definitely 11 for Nolan. & 18 & 16 for jersey for Brylin & holik.
- The Oilers NHL incarnation only retired numbers of players inducted into the Hall of Fame. That would place Ryan Smyth pretty far on the pecking order.

- As I said, I didn't include players who's chances I feel aren't clearly over 50%. Recchi and Nolan don't reach that bar. They've been retired for years and nobody's pushing for them. I'd be shock if they ever are.

- Some of the players you mentioned are close to 0% (Ricci, Brylin, Holik).

- #16 have been out of circulation for 25 years in Detroit. The chances of suddenly seeing it up there are pretty low at this point.

- Not sold on Parise. I feel Gaborik should be ahead but Minnesota criteria are still hard to judge so I think it's a toss-up. Maybe Wild fans can chip in.

Giotrapani91

Oct 21, 2015
- The Oilers NHL incarnation only retired numbers of players inducted into the Hall of Fame. That would place Ryan Smyth pretty far on the pecking order.

- As I said, I didn't include players who's chances I feel aren't clearly over 50%. Recchi and Nolan don't reach that bar. They've been retired for years and nobody's pushing for them. I'd be shock if they ever are.

- #16 have been out of circulation for 25 years in Detroit. The chances of suddenly seeing it up there are pretty low at this point.

- Not sold on Parise. I feel Gaborik should be ahead but Minnesota criteria are still hard to judge so I think it's a toss-up. Maybe Wild fans can chip in.
Al Hamilton isn’t in the hall of fame and number 3 is retired.

Giotrapani91

Oct 21, 2015
Hamilton had his heyday in the WHA. Hence the first sentence of my post.
What about 25 or 20 for Dallas, I mean Joey nieuwendyk was their 6 years Eddie belfour 5, nieuwendyk should have his number retired by Calgary instead of honored same with chopper, Joey was their 8 years chopper was their 9 or 10, if anyone deserves the forever a flame treatment it’s guys that played their but don’t deserve to have their number retired but honored for their contributions to thd team, the forever a flame thing is for guys like Valeri bure who you could rely on for scoring big points on a really mediocre flames team, and guys like Doug Risebourough, Jim peplinski, & Tim hunter, I’ll throw makarov in their as well as conroy those are guys that should get the forever a flame treatment. Theoren Fleury’s will eventually go up in the rafters due to him playing their 9 years, and coming back to the team in 2008 not making the team but retiring a Calgary flame technically.

Anaheim Ducks
10 - Corey Perry
15 - Ryan Getzlaf

Boston Bruins
33 - Zdeno Chara
37 - Patrice Bergeron
63 - Brad Marchand

Calgary Flames
5 - Mark Giordano

Carolina Hurricanes
12 - Eric Staal

Chicago Blackhawks
2 - Duncan Keith
19 - Jonathan Toews
88 - Patrick Kane

Colorado Avalanche
8 - Cale Makar
29 - Nathan MacKinnon
92 - Gabriel Landeskog

Columbus Blue Jackets
72 - Sergei Bobrovsky

Dallas Stars
14 - Jamie Benn

Detroit Red Wings
13 - Pavel Datsyuk
40 - Henrik Zetterberg

Edmonton Oilers
29 - Leon Draisaitl
97 - Connor McDavid

Florida Panthers
16 - Aleksander Barkov

Los Angeles Kings
8 - Drew Doughty
11 - Anze Kopitar
23 - Dustin Brown
32 - Jonathan Quick

Minnesota Wild
20 - Ryan Suter

Montreal Canadiens
31 - Carey Price

Nashville Predators
6- Shea Weber
56 - Roman Josi

Ottawa Senators
65 - Erik Karlsson

Philadelphia Flyers
28 - Claude Giroux

Pittsburgh Penguins
29 - Marc-André Fleury
58 - Kristopher Letang
68 - Jaromir Jagr
71 - Evgeni Malkin
87 - Sidney Crosby

San Jose Sharks
8 - Joe Pavelski
19 - Joe Thornton
88 - Brent Burns

Tampa Bay Lightning
77 - Victor Hedman
86 - Nikita Kucherov
88 - Andrei Vasilevskiy
91 - Steven Stamkos

Toronto Maple Leafs
34 - Auston Matthews

Vancouver Canucks
1 - Roberto Luongo

Washington Capitals
8 Alexander Ovechkin
19 - Nicklas Backstrom

We know marleau is getting his number retired this season, will jumbo follow him into the rafters & what about Nabokov.

Giotrapani91

Oct 21, 2015

Anaheim Ducks
10 - Corey Perry
15 - Ryan Getzlaf

Boston Bruins
33 - Zdeno Chara
37 - Patrice Bergeron
63 - Brad Marchand

Calgary Flames
5 - Mark Giordano

Carolina Hurricanes
12 - Eric Staal

Chicago Blackhawks
2 - Duncan Keith
19 - Jonathan Toews
88 - Patrick Kane

Colorado Avalanche
8 - Cale Makar
29 - Nathan MacKinnon
92 - Gabriel Landeskog

Columbus Blue Jackets
72 - Sergei Bobrovsky

Dallas Stars
14 - Jamie Benn

Detroit Red Wings
13 - Pavel Datsyuk
40 - Henrik Zetterberg

Edmonton Oilers
29 - Leon Draisaitl
97 - Connor McDavid

Florida Panthers
16 - Aleksander Barkov

Los Angeles Kings
8 - Drew Doughty
11 - Anze Kopitar
23 - Dustin Brown
32 - Jonathan Quick

Minnesota Wild
20 - Ryan Suter

Montreal Canadiens
31 - Carey Price

Nashville Predators
6- Shea Weber
56 - Roman Josi

Ottawa Senators
65 - Erik Karlsson

Philadelphia Flyers
28 - Claude Giroux

Pittsburgh Penguins
29 - Marc-André Fleury
58 - Kristopher Letang
68 - Jaromir Jagr
71 - Evgeni Malkin
87 - Sidney Crosby

San Jose Sharks
8 - Joe Pavelski
19 - Joe Thornton
88 - Brent Burns

Tampa Bay Lightning
77 - Victor Hedman
86 - Nikita Kucherov
88 - Andrei Vasilevskiy
91 - Steven Stamkos

Toronto Maple Leafs
34 - Auston Matthews

Vancouver Canucks
1 - Roberto Luongo

Washington Capitals
8 Alexander Ovechkin
19 - Nicklas Backstrom

You realize the reason fedorov left was due to a really messy divorce with his wife who was a tennis star that’s all I’ll say and he signed for less money only reason Anaheim brought him in was cuz they lost kariya & they needed someone to play on the first line with rucchin, & sykora.

Giotrapani91

Oct 21, 2015

Ok so with guy carbonneau in the hall of fame would you expect 21 to get retired by montreal due to him being their what like 11 years and was captain for 5, winning a cup as captain, and even if price doesn’t win a cup with the habs he’s gonna get his number retired regardless.

Giotrapani91

Oct 21, 2015

Anaheim Ducks
10 - Corey Perry
15 - Ryan Getzlaf

Boston Bruins
33 - Zdeno Chara
37 - Patrice Bergeron
63 - Brad Marchand

Calgary Flames
5 - Mark Giordano

Carolina Hurricanes
12 - Eric Staal

Chicago Blackhawks
2 - Duncan Keith
19 - Jonathan Toews
88 - Patrick Kane

Colorado Avalanche
8 - Cale Makar
29 - Nathan MacKinnon
92 - Gabriel Landeskog

Columbus Blue Jackets
72 - Sergei Bobrovsky

Dallas Stars
14 - Jamie Benn

Detroit Red Wings
13 - Pavel Datsyuk
40 - Henrik Zetterberg

Edmonton Oilers
29 - Leon Draisaitl
97 - Connor McDavid

Florida Panthers
16 - Aleksander Barkov

Los Angeles Kings
8 - Drew Doughty
11 - Anze Kopitar
23 - Dustin Brown
32 - Jonathan Quick

Minnesota Wild
20 - Ryan Suter

Montreal Canadiens
31 - Carey Price

Nashville Predators
6- Shea Weber
56 - Roman Josi

Ottawa Senators
65 - Erik Karlsson

Philadelphia Flyers
28 - Claude Giroux

Pittsburgh Penguins
29 - Marc-André Fleury
58 - Kristopher Letang
68 - Jaromir Jagr
71 - Evgeni Malkin
87 - Sidney Crosby

San Jose Sharks
8 - Joe Pavelski
19 - Joe Thornton
88 - Brent Burns

Tampa Bay Lightning
77 - Victor Hedman
86 - Nikita Kucherov
88 - Andrei Vasilevskiy
91 - Steven Stamkos

Toronto Maple Leafs
34 - Auston Matthews

Vancouver Canucks
1 - Roberto Luongo

Washington Capitals
8 Alexander Ovechkin
19 - Nicklas Backstrom

I left out guys who I felt were too soon to tell (Kaprizov, Ekblad, Panarin, O'Reilly...) or worthy players who had bouts with the actual management (Fedorov, Pietrangelo...). I didn't include players whose chances I feel aren't clearly over 50% (Couture, Carlson, Parise...).
I think huberdeau despite being traded to Calgary will have his number 11 hung up at the arena in Florida I think beezer’s number 34 should be hung up, I think with Florida’s 30th anniversary as a team next year beezer & mellanby & maybe jokinen get their numbers 34, 27 & 12 hung up in the rafters if not 12 than definitely 55 for jovanovski he was their on two different terms, never left on bad terms wouldn’t be one bit surprised if 55 got hung up by Florida, & with Anaheim’s anniversary coming up I expect 15 for Getzlaf & 35 for giggy to get hung up, maybe 31 for Hebert but doubt it.

Calderon

Mar 24, 2006

Anaheim Ducks
10 - Corey Perry
15 - Ryan Getzlaf

Boston Bruins
33 - Zdeno Chara
37 - Patrice Bergeron
63 - Brad Marchand

Calgary Flames
5 - Mark Giordano

Carolina Hurricanes
12 - Eric Staal

Chicago Blackhawks
2 - Duncan Keith
19 - Jonathan Toews
88 - Patrick Kane

Colorado Avalanche
8 - Cale Makar
29 - Nathan MacKinnon
92 - Gabriel Landeskog

Columbus Blue Jackets
72 - Sergei Bobrovsky

Dallas Stars
14 - Jamie Benn

Detroit Red Wings
13 - Pavel Datsyuk
40 - Henrik Zetterberg

Edmonton Oilers
29 - Leon Draisaitl
97 - Connor McDavid

Florida Panthers
16 - Aleksander Barkov

Los Angeles Kings
8 - Drew Doughty
11 - Anze Kopitar
23 - Dustin Brown
32 - Jonathan Quick

Minnesota Wild
20 - Ryan Suter

Montreal Canadiens
31 - Carey Price

Nashville Predators
6- Shea Weber
56 - Roman Josi

Ottawa Senators
65 - Erik Karlsson

Philadelphia Flyers
28 - Claude Giroux

Pittsburgh Penguins
29 - Marc-André Fleury
58 - Kristopher Letang
68 - Jaromir Jagr
71 - Evgeni Malkin
87 - Sidney Crosby

San Jose Sharks
8 - Joe Pavelski
19 - Joe Thornton
88 - Brent Burns

Tampa Bay Lightning
77 - Victor Hedman
86 - Nikita Kucherov
88 - Andrei Vasilevskiy
91 - Steven Stamkos

Toronto Maple Leafs
34 - Auston Matthews

Vancouver Canucks
1 - Roberto Luongo

Washington Capitals
8 Alexander Ovechkin
19 - Nicklas Backstrom

After signing that big extension I don't think Pastrnak will be overlooked in Boston. McAvoy's got a promising trajectory as well. I don't follow the Bruins all that closely, though, and am not aware of how eager they are to retire jerseys.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
After signing that big extension I don't think Pastrnak will be overlooked in Boston. McAvoy's got a promising trajectory as well. I don't follow the Bruins all that closely, though, and am not aware of how eager they are to retire jerseys.

I think you are right on both:

Chara
Bergeron
Marchand
Pastrnak
McAcvoy

...will all likely (especially when you look at the uniqueness and lack of other players wearing those numbers in the NHL, outside of 33 and 88) get their numbers retired in Boston. If they win a Cup this year, it's all but guaranteed.

Giotrapani91

Oct 21, 2015
If mogilny enters the hall of fame this year do the Sabres retire his number. And does Vancouver put him in their ring of honor.

If turgeon enters the hall of fame this year is there a team he played for that retires 77.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad