Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
You'd think people would be more excited that we're potentially about to sign a #1 goalie.. especially with all of the goalie uncertainty here since Andy left.

I'm stoked.
There's some apprehension that we may be giving up our 1st in part of a trade package.

But I mostly agree with you. Even with slightly below average goaltending-instead of complete garbage like what we got-there's a good chance we would have made the playoffs last year. I'd love to see us with one of the league's best goalies.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
Korpisalo makes $4 mil & Ullmark makes $5 mil, it makes no sense to have $9 mil tied up in two goalies. They have to find a partner to take a bad contract from us in Korpisalo & we take a bad contract back. Philly have two bad contracts in Johanson C ($4 mil) & Atkinson RW ($5.875 mil) which they want to move although both those contracts are for only 1 more yr whereas Korpisalo has 4 yrs left on his deal. Philly could use an upgrade in net though & there have been rumours they are interested in Joseph & could use some depth on defence given both Johnston & Staal are likely both done. If Ott does not re-sign Kelly & buyout Hamonic they save almost $2 mil.

To Philly: Korpisalo G. Joseph LW/RW & Brannstrom LD ($8.950 mil out)
To Ott: 51st OA, Johansen C & Atkinson RW ($9.875 mil in) - difference $.925K)

To Bost: Chychrun LD & Forsberg G ($7.350 mil out) - (25th???)
To Ott: Ullmark G & Peeke RD ($7.750 mil in) - difference $.4K

UFA: Hellberg G

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
Stutzle - Pinto - Giroux
Greig - Johansen - Atkinson - if Ott does not make playoffs trade Johansen & Atkinson at TD
Ostapchuk - Kastelic - MacEwan - $55

Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Peeke
Kleven - JBD - $25

Ullmark - Hellberg - $6 = $86 mil
I take your point, but the Panthers have spent 14.5m on goalies the last two years and made the finals each time. I think figuring out a solid tandem is step 1, then you worry about getting that salary # down.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
OK but it's a meaningless statement. We only have limited speculation about what's being discussed and he's ready to give Staios kudos for it? LOL.

Well yes it's all predicated on if in fact it is happening.

But given Friedman's indication that Staois is being cautious with his discussions so far, we're starting to get a sense of his dealings, which as I said, is a refreshing change from jump-in-headfirst-with-both-feet Pierre Dorion.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Boston wasn't even that great defensively this season if you believe in expected goals against analytics, theirs was even worse than ours. Ullmark also put up pretty good numbers on some really bad Buffalo teams.

Obviously there is risk in acquiring him, but none of the red flags that came with the Murray and Korpisalo signings are here.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
Well yes it's all predicated on if in fact it is happening.

But given Friedman's indication that Staois is being cautious with his discussions so far, we're starting to get a sense of his dealings, which as I said, is a refreshing change from jump-in-headfirst-with-both-feet Pierre Dorion.
and the old hawk tuah free 2nd rounder

thanks @Masked for getting the ball rolling on using this meme

Reactions: Masked

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
My main concern, outside of buying high, is his effectiveness with a higher workload.

He's never played 50 games in a season, and much more than Boston, we'd be relying on him to play as often as possible to be able to get to the playoffs, especially if the alternative is Korpisalo.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
My main concern, outside of buying high, is his effectiveness with a higher workload.

He's never played 50 games in a season, and much more than Boston, we'd be relying on him to play as often as possible to be able to get to the playoffs, especially if the alternative is Korpisalo.
I have more faith in Forsberg bouncing back than Korpisalo, who I think we should buy out next week. I'm fine with Forsberg for 30 games or so.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
If Friedmans report of negotiations both a new contract are indeed taking place, that likely means the trade parameters are likely agreed upon

Just to follow up with this…. because if I was a GM I wouldn’t let one of my players negotiate a contract if I didn’t have a deal already in place .

Makes no sense to do so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad