Speculation: 2024 Offseason Talk

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Marchment is not a bad contract. That's insanity.
For what he brings he absolutely is.
He produced ok in the regular season this year because Duchene did all the heavy lifting, but he won't be here next year so Marchment is going to look like he does in the PO, which is just slightly more useful than Faksa.

I'll put money down right now that Marchment doesn't hit 50p next season

Last edited:
Reactions: LT

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Marchment is not a bad contract. That's insanity.

Look at the deals being signed (Dakota Joshua, for one) and tell me how you're gonna replace Marchment and his 52 points for 4.5 million.
There's no reasoning with people here. Everyone expects players over the age of 27 to sign 3 year terms and will cry about guys being overpaid by 500k because they would never, ever, ever sign a 30 year old above 4M AAV.

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
As of right now, don't expect any big splashes in FA or trades.

That may change obviously but yeah...

Team will take a step back next year but signing bad players to long deals is worse. I think there's just not enough good RD to go around the league right now without hurting your team.

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
If you wanna swap Marchment for a RHD on a similar deal- sure, whatever. That’s a good trade. Otherwise, he’s a keeper through term. We’re a pretty spoiled fanbase if we’re lumping him in with Suter and Faksa.

Reactions: LT

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
1719511430281.png

I may have been a little generous with the numbers, lots of team friendliness

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Ok i take it back seeing for how much Joshua signed Marchment is a bad contract
Here's a quick reality check for you:

Marchment put up 53 points last year - if you look at players who signed UFA contracts that scored 53 pts +/- 10 pts it averages out to be 5.68M.

Marchment makes 4.5M.

lmao

• Wow
Reactions: Hull Fan

joshik

GEt FaK'sEd
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic
Here's a quick reality check for you:

Marchment put up 53 points last year - if you look at players who signed UFA contracts that scored 53 pts +/- 10 pts it averages out to be 5.68M.

Marchment makes 4.5M.

lmao
Ok but how much he scores next season. There was a point where he seemed pretty good and scored a lot but there was a lot of very bad games.

Friedman thinks we’re in on Guentzel
It feels like we are always in talks with the biggest ufas every year

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Only RD I want right now is Marino, and who knows if he's actually even available.

If not him than just wait till the TDL, and hopefully Seattle is out of it and we can snag Larsson.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
Only RD I want right now is Marino, and who knows if he's actually even available.

If not him than just wait till the TDL, and hopefully Seattle is out of it and we can snag Larsson.
Are you ok starting the season with this?

Harley-Miro
Lindell-Lundquvist
Bichsel-Petrovic

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Have we talked at all about Marchessault? That seems like a very Nill thing to do if he can get a bargain and use the weaponized revenge strategy against our rivals

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Are you ok starting the season with this?

Harley-Miro
Lindell-Lundquvist
Bichsel-Petrovic
No, when I say "only D I want" i don't literally mean that or nothing. In that scenario sign a cheap(er) option instead of a Tanev/Roy/etc. and then improve it down the line. If Bichsel can play I'd let him but I doubt Jim/PDB want to do that.

I'm not giving out these ridiculous contracts these FAs are getting though.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
I think it will be only one of the Nils x Bichsel. Lets annulate the nils trade and get the first back. It was obviously fraud by NYR.
I’m just saying- if you’re not wanting to sign anyone right now or trade for someone, that’s what the lineup would look like.

No, when I say "only D I want" i don't literally mean that or nothing. In that scenario sign a cheap(er) option instead of a Tanev/Roy/etc. and then improve it down the line. If Bichsel can play I'd let him but I doubt Jim/PDB want to do that.

I'm not giving out these ridiculous contracts these FAs are getting though.
I hear ya. Who do you suggest then? I still think Roy would be worth it.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
That's exciting but only seems possible if we move out Faksa AND only sign depth D (no top 4). Not signing a top 4 D seems like a big mistake.
There would need to be other moves (like Marchment) to open up salary in addition to Faksa

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Joshua hits 30 points for the first time in his career at 28 years old and suddenly he's the most overrated player out there just cause he can also throw his body around.

His contract isn't bad, but idk why people are acting like he's a significantly better player than Marchment. Joshua had a decent run in the playoffs so I guess that's what did it. Seems unlikely he hits that playoff production again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad