Speculation: 2024 Offseason Talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
The one thing Nill’s preached is keeping this thing flexible and viable competitively for long after his tenure. I think he adheres to this slightly to a fault, but that’s his philosophy. In a summer where the less bright GMs are going to be throwing around dumb money, I would not be shocked at all if we don’t make much noise.

Reactions: LT

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
The one thing Nill’s preached is keeping this thing flexible and viable competitively for long after his tenure. I think he adheres to this slightly to a fault, but that’s his philosophy. In a summer where the less bright GMs are going to be throwing around dumb money, I would not be shocked at all if we don’t make much noise.
Yeah, we don’t need to make huge splashes. Just need to sign a couple of solid rhd and a decent fwd

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Good luck finding the $6,000,000 to pay Matt Roy
They have enough to make it work.
We get 2.8 extra from the Suter mistake correction.
and already had 16.2m.
Even if they give Harley 7 and Roy 6, they'd still have enough to fil out the remaining spots with the remaining 6m

Reactions: roryjones

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
and already had 16.2m.
Even if they give Harley 7 and Roy 6, they'd still have enough to fil out the remaining spots with the remaining 6m
The Stars have 3 defensemen (counting Bitchsel) under contract for next year and 17.3M to spend on 3 F, 4 D, 1 G.

good luck!

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
and already had 16.2m.
Not sure how it works unless Roy makes 5.8. This lineup right here has the stars at 50k left.
1719505685427.png

Best option is to trade Faksa somehow.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Defense doesn't put butts in seats, but it usually wins you playoff games. I think the biggest problem they're going to have is the demographics shift in hockey, where guys aren't going to be out there doing traditional circa 2000 defensive things anymore.

It's far easier to get a cheap productive forward than a cheap productive D-man. Nill has some moves available, but he has to make those decisions and I'm sure he'll make what he thinks is right to keep the team competitive.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Not sure how it works unless Roy makes 5.8. This lineup right here has the stars at 50k left.
View attachment 888050

Best option is to trade Faksa somehow.
I was able to get a cap compliant roster trading Marchment for Marino, re-sign steel. Adding Roy at 6 and Harley at 7. With some prospects/reclamation projects filling out the bottom parts of the forward roster.
Doubt they would give Harley 7mil anyway.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
I was able to get a cap compliant roster trading Marchment for Marino, re-sign steel. Adding Roy at 6 and Harley at 7. With some prospects/reclamation projects filling out the bottom parts of the forward roster.
Doubt they would give Harley 7mil anyway.
I can see that working if they trade Marchment. That’s not likely though imo

joshik

GEt FaK'sEd
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic
I think Bichsel is a lock if he has at least a decent training camp. It looks like whole management loves him. There is only like 10 RDs in ufa and someč of them probably resigns so there wont be many options for us.

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006
What do we think of Barrie. I used to really like him but idk how good he is now.
I like him as a cheap, 7th damn. He couldn’t crack the Preds top 6 most of the season, so I wouldn’t place him any higher than 7th. Probably would sign here cheap since he’s best buds with Jamie.

Reactions: joshik

joshik

GEt FaK'sEd
Jul 1, 2017
Czech Republic
He'd be fine as a cheap #6 who would make PP#2 better. but is a much worse version of Klingberg
I is even possible to be worst than Klinger right now xdd If its actually the case hands off then.

I know its not going to happend but i still would like Klinger back. He has no value now and he was only decent with us.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I is even possible to be worst than Klinger right now xdd If its actually the case hands off then.
Well maybe not right now. but i meant more of, everything we disliked about Klinger would be the same + amplified

• Wow
Reactions: joshik

starsfan86

Sep 27, 2006

Wedgewood really wanting that pay raise

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad