Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
That would be a solid trade but I hate that Ostapchuk is included.
Ostapchuk is exactly what we need more of and we have no one else like him. And then including what could be EJ Emery a 6’3” physical RHD. Something else we really need.
And forsberg replaces their backup.
It’s hard to love.

Unless you can turn chychrun into a better player than Ostapchuk. At least.

Reactions: Sensators

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Going to be something like 25th + multiple pieces from a Chychrun deal or trade down deal for Ullmark and a depth piece that we will hear is an integral piece like the aforementioned Lauko, who is really just trade fodder.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Read on Twitter some bruins insider on Reddit said it’s #25, Forsberg and Ostapchuk for Ullmark with extension.

Obviously major grain of salt ^

That sounds like a realistic trade.

Ostapchuk is probably worth a late 1st or high 2nd.

That is a comparable package to what Markstrom returned, except Markstrom came with a much more flexible contract (2 years at 4M or whatever it is vs expensive long term extension likely with a NMC).

I don't believe in a second we are going to get him for that because we never win these things, but that sounds like a realistic return for a goalie who can choose his destination via the big money extension. It's very similar to the Debrincat situation last year, where the Bruins might only have one realistic spot to send him.

Ostapchuk is exactly what we need more of and we have no one else like him. And then including what could be EJ Emery a 6’3” physical RHD. Something else we really need.
And forsberg replaces their backup.
It’s hard to love.

Unless you can turn chychrun into a better player than Ostapchuk. At least.

At some point they have to pick their poison and give to get.

The reality is that we don't have a lot of assets so there is no position of strength to trade from. Even NJD with Bahl, they have lots of depth in terms of NHL ready D, we don't really have that same luxury anywhere in the organization.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
I have more faith in Forsberg bouncing back than Korpisalo, who I think we should buy out next week. I'm fine with Forsberg for 30 games or so.

The issue is that we don't have cap flexibility and a team would take Forsberg while no team would take Korpisalo.

People keep bringing up a buyout, but it saves only a very small amount of cap long term. A buyout only makes sense as an absolute last resort if we cannot manage the cap without it.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
That sounds like a realistic trade.

Ostapchuk is probably worth a late 1st or high 2nd.

That is a comparable package to what Markstrom returned, except Markstrom came with a much more flexible contract (2 years at 4M or whatever it is vs expensive long term extension likely with a NMC).

I don't believe in a second we are going to get him for that because we never win these things, but that sounds like a realistic return for a goalie who can choose his destination via the big money extension. It's very similar to the Debrincat situation last year, where the Bruins might only have one realistic spot to send him.

At some point they have to pick their poison and give to get.

The reality is that we don't have a lot of assets so there is no position of strength to trade from. Even NJD with Bahl, they have lots of depth in terms of NHL ready D, we don't really have that same luxury anywhere in the organization.
We have players we’re trying to trade. Ostapchuk isn’t one of them.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
The issue is that we don't have cap flexibility and a team would take Forsberg while no team would take Korpisalo.

People keep bringing up a buyout, but it saves only a very small amount of cap long term. A buyout only makes sense as an absolute last resort if we cannot manage the cap without it.
Capitals wanted to dump Kuemper and look what it got them. There’s no market for Korpisalo without attaching a massive sweetener.

Reactions: OttawaSenators11

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Boston feels like they have a whole team of Ostapchuk’s, I don’t know that he’s the guy they’d ask for honestly.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
We have players we’re trying to trade. Ostapchuk isn’t one of them.

I never suggested he was being shopped. Only that the proposal makes sense, that we have to give something up, and with the state of our assets it's a pick your poison type situation where whatever we give up in a trade for a star player is going to hurt.

If you go by the line of thinking you're presenting, most trades for big stars would never get done. Sometimes trades involve a team giving up a prospect they otherwise wouldn't.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Ostapchuk is good but he's not a deal breaker. A late first and him for a Vezina winning goalie a steal.
Yes, not a deal breaker, but he's on an expiring contract, no matter what the scenario a 25th + lesser prospect + mid pick should be enough, but again, not a deal breaker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad