Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I think I've seen people suggest Joseph for Kaliyev as a trade before.

Joseph is more of the type of bottom 6 player we need, but maybe our pro scouts think Kaliyev still has potential to develop into a top 6 guy.
Kaliyev seems to be an analytics darling who Kings fans say is in the doghouse. So like…forward Brannstrom?

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Hi Sens fans, i’ve just been reading a bit around of what your guys needs are and reading a lot about a top 4 D as one of them. Hypothetically, if the Kings did a sign and trade for Matt Roy, would Roy+ suffice to get Batherson to the Kings? Kings need a right shot winger to replace Arvidsson. Though i’m not sure if the Sens are open to trading Batherson and also of course, you could go after Roy if the talks with re-signing with the Kings fall apart.
I think this wouldn’t work because Roy will more than likely have some sort of trade protection. We’re also kind of low on right shot wingers, and I think Batherson is too important for us to move at this point… we don’t have anyone even close to his vision or playmaking ability. It’s probably good value wise but sort of fixes one hole to create another, and I think Batherson still has another level, so I wouldn’t do it.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Exactly.

We see this all the time. Teams get the perimeter of a deal down, and then sign it July 1st.

One thing to consider, Ullmark has a 1M bonus this season. It is likely due on July 1st. The Bruins are a big money team, so I doubt they care that much - but it is probably a consideration.

WTF is “the perimeter of a deal”?

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
Dom the Bruins insider, said the Sens don’t want to go more than 35m for five years
This is what he said for some clarity

"I'm hearing 5 year - $35 million extension is the asking price from the Sens. Doesn't mean that would be the ask somewhere else.

Sens definitely need to move out some salary and a tad more if Lauko is going as well"

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Dom the Bruins insider, said the Sens don’t want to go more than 35m for five years

jebus.....if that goes sideways, that is one hell of a big contract for a netminder.

If this is all happening, we'd better damned well hope he is legit and can stand on his head behind a bottom 5 defense corps.

Reactions: Alex1234

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Can we please go target UPL/Levi, or Tarasov/Greaves instead?

Really any goalie that has shown they can play well on a bad team.

I want off this ride. I'm gonna be sick.

Reactions: Snowwy

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Boston isn't good because their goalies are good.

Boston goalies are good because they're playing for boston.

These weren't blue chippers. They benefit from the system in front of them.

It's gonna be murray/talbot/gus/dreiger/bishop all over again.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I figured it would be a dollar amount. The years might not matter as much, but the dollar amount does.

I thought they might be looking at 40, I wonder if they can get to 40 for 6 years and make it work

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
Boston isn't good because their goalies are good.

Boston goalies are good because they're playing for boston.

These weren't blue chippers. They benefit from the system in front of them.

It's gonna be murray/talbot/gus/dreiger/bishop all over again.
Are we just discounting any goalie that plays on a good defensive team?

That doesn’t make sense to me. Ullmark is actually a really good goalie, as is Swayman.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
I'm surprised some people are apprehensive on Ullmark the player. He played very well on Buffalo and Boston's defense is good but not as good as everyone thinks. I was upset when the rumours came out that we were targetting Murray, but Ullmark is a great player. The contract and acquisition cost on the other hand might be something to groan about.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
And with this new coaching staff, the team would probably play better defensively

And with this coaching staff, the team would probably play better defensively

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
I'm surprised some people are apprehensive on Ullmark the player. He played very well on Buffalo and Boston's defense is good but not as good as everyone thinks. I was upset when the rumours came out that we were targetting Murray, but Ullmark is a great player. The contract and acquisition cost on the other hand might be something to groan about.
Putting the players aside, If it happens you are getting a great goalie that I believe will get you into the playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad